Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Considering how expensive the regular release was, I'm bracing myself for the sticker shock on this one. 

I'm actually nervous to see how much this one might cost. Time to seriously start saving some $$$. This one's going to hurt! 

Curious though. Would that mean there’s going to be a Premium Finish version also for Ivanov down the line? Would they do the same thing with the SDF-1? Like announce it at the same time rather than reveal it months after release of the regular? Hmmm. 

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Curious though. Would that mean there’s going to be a Premium Finish version also for Ivanov down the line? Would they do the same thing with the SDF-1? Like announce it at the same time rather than reveal it months after release of the regular? Hmmm. 

now that you pointed it out. it's making me wonder too. 

with Max they announced both before the release, i'm hoping they would do the same for Ivanov  

3 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

with Max they announced both before the release, i'm hoping they would do the same for Ivanov  

If they do release a PF SV-51 I do hope they announce it simultaneously so I can skip the regular release. 

Though I'm out of discount coupons so I'll have to actually pay full price for it. :mellow:

Edited by Lolicon

3 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If they do release a PF SV-51 I do hope they announce it simultaneously so I can skip the regular release. 

Though I'm out of discount coupons so I'll have to actually pay full price for it. :mellow:

me too. 

for the Vf-0s i really want the UN spacy tampo'ed on the leg. it looked way empty without it. hopefully a corrected 0A minus the heat shield metal pins sticking out is down the pipe too.  

5 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Right? I mean honestly we’re suckers for this, right? They know that we’re still going to buy what they release even though how much it is. I think at this point in time, they really need just to release a Premium Finish version. That’s it. Period. No more regular release. No more ‘we cater to customizers’ excuse as well. They already doubled the price for reissuing those 10year old molds. What’s stopping them to just make a Premium Finish from now on? Besides I’m at this point that I’m not that excited anymore to what they’re going to release. Because let’s be honest here, they’re just stuck to what they have. I don’t think they’re going to create beyond the VF-1’s and the VF-0’s in the foreseeable future. Time will only tell if they’re going to announce a YF-21 and VF-11 revisit. Until then, I’m just looking forward to their Premium Finish SDF-1. ;)

5 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You canceled your PF SDF-1? :o

5a547acd8c273_Screenshot_20180109-02145501.png.f7b94bfd385f9189cbb474617cf24170.png

Wait. What? When was this? I ordered the same date and that’s not the price that I have. :blink:

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

me too. 

for the Vf-0s i really want the UN spacy tampo'ed on the leg. it looked way empty without it. hopefully a corrected 0A minus the heat shield metal pins sticking out is down the pipe too.  

True. I love them UN Spacy on the legs, David. ^_^

TF0OnFs.jpg

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Right? I mean honestly we’re suckers for this, right? They know that we’re still going to buy what they release even though how much it is. I think at this point in time, they really need just to release a Premium Finish version. That’s it. Period. No more regular release. No more ‘we cater to customizers’ excuse as well. They already doubled the price for reissuing those 10year old molds. What’s stopping them to just make a Premium Finish from now on? Besides I’m at this point that I’m not that excited anymore to what they’re going to release. Because let’s be honest here, they’re just stuck to what they have. I don’t think they’re going to create beyond the VF-1’s and the VF-0’s in the foreseeable future. Time will only tell if they’re going to announce a YF-21 and VF-11 revisit. Until then, I’m just looking forward to their Premium Finish SDF-1. ;)

Wait. What? When was this? I ordered the same date and that’s not the price that I have. :blink:

Discount coupons. ;)

5a5481637bde5_Screenshot_20180109-02234801.png.f1bc5171a7d35c3ccb3f3fe5c8cd1c16.png

I know how you feel noel. I already bought the 0S release from way back, and fixed it up myself, so PF is little more than a reissue to me. I wish they were doing PF releases back then so I could have just skipped the regular version and gone straight to the PF. 

I'll probably still pick up a PF 0S because I'm a consumer whore and it'll let me address the shortcomings of my custom 0S from way back without starting from scratch. -_-

25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

How do you guys get all these discount coupons?

I had a Hi-rez Wing Zero ship to me broken, and all I got was a refund once they got it back in the mail (they did pay for the shipping at least).

I'm just a lucky gander. 

Gladstone_Finds_a_Dollar.jpg.f94de6e655fb1851a4d17ea1d32de84d.jpg

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Discount coupons. ;)

I know how you feel noel. I already bought the 0S release from way back, and fixed it up myself, so PF is little more than a reissue to me. I wish they were doing PF releases back then so I could have just skipped the regular version and gone straight to the PF. 

I'll probably still pick up a PF 0S because I'm a consumer whore and it'll let me address the shortcomings of my custom 0S from way back without starting from scratch. -_-

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm just a lucky gander. 

See that's what worries me. I mean, in general speaking, if they keep on doing this Premium Finish announcement to the point that they're going to re-do everything VF-1's in Premium Finish since that's all they have majority for now, right? Licensing-wise. Are we going to replace all that we have since it's looks 'premium' now? Also, we need to reconsider the quality somehow since it's being produced today meaning fresh materials and fresh production run compared to what we have which is a 10 years old plastic. And to be honest, it's becoming too tiring now. :unsure:

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

:wub::wub::wub: you just saved a fortune doing that.

i'm guessing the premium Vf-0s is going to be near SDF-1 Premium prices. lolol

Thanks David. But the struggle is I really need to find time continue doing it. Hahaha! :lol: 

And you're right, the VF-0S will cost a lot. Basing it on the recent Premium Finish VF-1S, in which Arcadia added Y10000 more on top of the MSRP, I'm assuming the Premium Finish VF-0S will end up around Y48000. And sad to say, that's where I really need to draw a line regarding my future purchases. :unsure:

Edited by no3Ljm

3 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

Me too. I want my collection to match aesthetically, so a premium finish will not do for me. But I need a VF-0S for my Reactive Armor...

All you need to do is wait. I'm definitely sure that there will be some members here who's going to unload their regulars months prior of release in favor of a Premium Finish one. Just sayin'. ^_^

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I really hope they don't go this route. Arcadia prices for their standard releases are already at the high end of what I can afford to pay for a valk on a regular basis. If they get rid of those and only release premiums then it would have to be no more Arcadia toys for me.

20 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I really hope they don't go this route. Arcadia prices for their standard releases are already at the high end of what I can afford to pay for a valk on a regular basis. If they get rid of those and only release premiums then it would have to be no more Arcadia toys for me.

Sad but true if ever. Because right now, they're the only player in town who's doing a 1/60 VF-1's and 0's. If Bandai really going to produce a 1/60 scale-ish VF-1 in the future, I will think of this like a Star Wars 'kill the past' scenario and move my future purchases to Bandai. Besides, I already have most of the VF-1's that I want from Yamato and Arcadia releases. The only thing I'm waiting from them is the Premium Finish SDF-1 and the announced 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov. And the chance that they might revisit the YF-21 and VF-11 in the future. If not, I'm all good and ready to await any upcoming DX Bandai Valk releases to my liking. I'm probably not going to waste time, money and effort to replace what I have with their future Premium Finish releases. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

All you need to do is wait. I'm definitely sure that there will be some members here who's going to unload their regulars months prior of release in favor of a Premium Finish one. Just sayin'. ^_^

I would prefer it as close to MSRP as possible, because even that was pricey. Now the aftermarket price is just super high. It will go down with the release of the premium version, I just don't think it's enough for my liking.

8 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

I would prefer it as close to MSRP as possible, because even that was pricey. Now the aftermarket price is just super high. It will go down with the release of the premium version, I just don't think it's enough for my liking.

Like I said, we just need to wait. Besides, most members here doesn't sell as high or as crazy high as eBay. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And you're right, the VF-0S will cost a lot. Basing it on the recent Premium Finish VF-1S, in which Arcadia added Y10000 more on top of the MSRP, I'm assuming the Premium Finish VF-0S will end up around Y48000. And sad to say, that's where I really need to draw a line regarding my future purchases. :unsure:

That is incorrect. The price of the premium VF-1 is only about 25-26k if you purchase directly from Arcadia. The extra cost is from retailers or proxy services since it's a webshop exclusive, much like buying the 31J Kai. 

The "$100" extra people keep bandying about is if you buy it from HLJ, who charges 31k for the premiums. 

And as you can see from my earlier posts, I've yet to pay "$100" extra for any premiums. :p

I recently purchased a premium Roy for a MW member a couple of months ago for 25k from the Amiami store. It was an open offer for any fellow MW member but he was the only one who took it. :p

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

That is incorrect. The price of the premium VF-1 is only about 25-26k if you purchase directly from Arcadia. The extra cost is from retailers or proxy services since it's a webshop exclusive, much like buying the 31J Kai. 

The "$100" extra people keep bandying about is if you buy it from HLJ, who charges 31k for the premiums. 

And as you can see from my earlier posts, I've yet to pay "$100" extra for any premiums. :p

I recently purchased a premium Roy for a MW member a couple of months ago for 25k from the Amiami store. It was an open offer for any fellow MW member but he was the only one who took it. :p

Just curious, why would other MW members need you to buy items from amiami for them?

Also, buying directly from Arcadia would require some proxy service anyway right?

In the end, I'm just interested in the cheapest/easiest way to get these things and that usually ends up being Nippon-Yasan.