Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Am pretty much holding out till 2020 for anything m+ related, since thats the 25th anniversary year.

Wow. In 3 years... Probably a new or renewal YF-21 1/60 Kanzen Henkei figure. :rolleyes:

But reality check first. I'm getting old and there's no stopping that. I really need to ask myself should I stop collecting Macross in 3 years time or wait until I hit 50 within the next 7 years? Priorities, priorities. :unsure:

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow. In 3 years... Probably a new or renewal YF-21 1/60 Kanzen Henkei figure. :rolleyes:

But reality check first. I'm getting old and there's no stopping that. I really need to ask myself should I stop collecting Macross in 3 years time or wait until I hit 50 within the next 7 years? Priorities, priorities. :unsure:

Why stop now?

31 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Why stop now?

Like I said, priorities, priorities. Real life priorities. ;) 

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Or ever? A collector is a collector

That's true. A collector is a collector. But you have to agree, everyone needs discipline for it. ^_^

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Like I said, priorities, priorities. Real life priorities. ;) 

That's true. A collector is a collector. But you have to agree, everyone needs discipline for it. ^_^

Discipline? Is that some strange new way of spelling disposable income or shelf-space?

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Discipline? I agree...I need some of that.:p

If you already have kid/s, you know for sure you need it. Hahaha! :lol: 

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Discipline? Is that some strange new way of spelling disposable income or shelf-space?

Nah. I don't have enough shelf-space because I don't have enough shelf to display everything to begin with. :lol:

On 23/09/2017 at 12:54 AM, no3Ljm said:

Haha noel, im about the same age as ya. Boy i do question myself sometimes and often i get that eyeball look from my wife "why are you still collecting toys at your age?" But they will never understand that these anime were very much of our lives when we were young

12 hours ago, recon said:

Haha noel, im about the same age as ya. Boy i do question myself sometimes and often i get that eyeball look from my wife "why are you still collecting toys at your age?" But they will never understand that these anime were very much of our lives when we were young

Hahaha! :lol:  It's the same thing with them. We don't understand them too. We also roll our eyes whenever they want to buy new bags and new shoes. ^_^

Why do you think Arcadia does such small runs for their releases?  I know Yamato over saturated the market, but when Arcadia has a release that sells like crazy why don't they do more re-releases?

3 minutes ago, Giantman said:

Why do you think Arcadia does such small runs for their releases?  I know Yamato over saturated the market, but when Arcadia has a release that sells like crazy why don't they do more re-releases?

I figured they were doing it for the same reason that Bandai doesn't do re-releases of their DX Chogokin figures: limited availability helps them sell out initially and increases desirability.

Most of their items are already re-releases to begin with. Which item did you feel sold like crazy? I haven't had any issues getting anything from them. Most, if not all (except maybe a PF?) have been available months after the release. They did re-release their YF-19 but I'd say it's arguable whether that was necessary or not.

Besides what Sanity is Optional stated, I think they would be running a big risk of having shelf warmers.

1 hour ago, Giantman said:

I think the safe answer for this is that they're being careful now compared during the Yamato days. Like you said, Yamato over saturated the market. And look what happened to Yamato after that. And like Mr.K told his blog before that there's some figures that he wants to go back to but if the big bosses says no, then he's not going to do it. And to think that there's a lot out there from Yamato era and still those are going up. And Arcadia still pulls this stunt of selling everything high price and still sells in the next couple of months upon release. It's a wonder that Yamato collectors still buys Arcadia products even though it's the same thing over and over. Even me. ;) I guess what they're doing is just do it slowly. See what people want the most and then release it. But at the end of the day, all of this are just assumptions and speculations. There's no real answer out there unless we meet someone who works there and tell us the whole deal. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I figured they were doing it for the same reason that Bandai doesn't do re-releases of their DX Chogokin figures: limited availability helps them sell out initially and increases desirability.

True. It really helps to spark interest. ;) 

42 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Most of their items are already re-releases to begin with. Which item did you feel sold like crazy? I haven't had any issues getting anything from them. Most, if not all (except maybe a PF?) have been available months after the release. They did re-release their YF-19 but I'd say it's arguable whether that was necessary or not.

Besides what Sanity is Optional stated, I think they would be running a big risk of having shelf warmers.

I forgot about that YF-19 reissue last year. But it still sold out. I really think that they really produce in limited quantities. 

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I bought a VF-1S Roy super/strike from Arcadia with no complaints. It's not like I had any Yamato 1/60 figures, and buying one on the used market would cost more than the Arcadia.

This is true for people who's just starting collecting Macross Kanzen Henkei figures.

55 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Anyone have a non-mobile link, or a translation?

Edit: Non mobile link: https://world.taobao.com/item/555370296852.htm?fromSite=main&ft=t&spm=a21m2.10192351.0.0.36ccb5213fjp0q

Translation

Edited by Sanity is Optional

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

$15 to $45?  Weird clear parts?

Seems that's the reservation price.

Google translate reads out the following:

Price: book 960 (with transparent A) spot 1000 (without transparent A) 35 cm, with a purchase, with a transparent A, cockpit can be opened, there is a description of the fighting panel, fighting panel VF1 scan form, (Standard type) can buy a single, buy two ordinary capsule (standard type) can buy a guided missile (equipped type) missile capsule (equipment) Type) with the ordinary capsule (standard type) the same price

Note: 100 yuan only for the deposit, scheduled non-refundable single! The The Consider clearly and then single.

2 hours ago, mcfly50 said:
2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

One can hope! 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anyone have a non-mobile link, or a translation?

Edit: Non mobile link: https://world.taobao.com/item/555370296852.htm?fromSite=main&ft=t&spm=a21m2.10192351.0.0.36ccb5213fjp0q

Translation

Guys, those are KO products. And there's already a thread for that.

52 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

Did Arcadia or Yamato make a 1/60 Regult like that? I don’t remember, but I could be wrong. If they did it’s a KO. It could also be something stolen/leaked from Arcadia. Or third party stuff may finally be coming to the Macross community. 

I looked it up, it was a resin kit.

10 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

Did Arcadia or Yamato make a 1/60 Regult like that? I don’t remember, but I could be wrong. If they did it’s a KO. It could also be something stolen/leaked from Arcadia. Or third party stuff may finally be coming to the Macross community. 

I have the Yamato HDP 1/60 Regult and it's bigger than this. Different sculpt, the one from this link seems based off the HMR bandai Regult.

Pic of my Yamato Regult:

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica