Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

All of the Valkyries that you originally listed would be great if Arcadia released them.  

I have the ones above planned for HMR and I've never seen the Whale Hunter Custom before but that one is now being taken into consideration.  B))

Yeah, the HMR line is great for making many of the customs I posted...you've already proven that....

The only problem is that many are also possible with some "add-on" parts and new "heads" and weapons (ex. VF-1SR).  No one has taken that up for HMRs as of yet.

• 3 weeks later...

If they ever go back to the VF-11 I want it to be a new mold. Improve the articulation, more panel details, bigger tail fins, add some gimmicks like leg missile bays and wing hardpoints, etc. 

45 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

If they ever go back to the VF-11 I want it to be a new mold. Improve the articulation, more panel details, bigger tail fins, add some gimmicks like leg missile bays and wing hardpoints, etc. 

And do that heat shield better.

47 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

And Reactive Armor. :)

2 hours ago, Pacci said:

New mold: better canopy, more long, not short like Yamato's design...

I want that but I don't think it will happen. They're already making money for just reusing and reissuing old molds. I don't think they will spend extra cash to produce a 'new' nosecone. ^_^

Don't give cheap excuses to Arcadia, a small mold the size of the dual seat canopy and the nosecone won't ruin them, and would drastically increase their sales by dropping the old 1D value and increasing demand from those who already have the Yamato versions

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Don't give cheap excuses to Arcadia, a small mold the size of the dual seat canopy and the nosecone won't ruin them, and would drastically increase their sales by dropping the old 1D value and increasing demand from those who already have the Yamato versions

I have the suspicion it wouldn't be that simple though.  If the canopy gets longer, it's either going further back, requiring a new chest plate design, and likely giving the VF-1D the same "popped collar" look that all the other VF-1s got, or it's pushing the nosecone further down, which, unless you redesign the length of the swingbar and its mounting point, is also going to require pushing the nose further up and popping the head higher. 

Alternatively, you could just let the nose hang lower, and extend the swingbar to reach, but that means designing a new underside backplate with a new pivot point, and possibly changes to the other backplate components and backpack mechanism.  And then the torso gets longer, which isn't going to look right in battroid mode.

Like, I want to think it could be done?  But I also feel like if it could have been done in a cost effective way, Yamato would have done it that way in the first place.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 8/5/2017 at 4:39 PM, Rogueload said:

Yeah we need an Arcadia VF-11B and CF, YF-21 and a X-9 ghost.  New molds across the board. Macross plus needs some love!

Too bad you missed Xigfrid's run for X-9 Ghost resin kit. You can check his thread here.

• 1 month later...

+1 for the VF-11C with Reactive Armor. Anything with Armor Packs is an instabuy for me.

Also, please re-release the Elintseeker, Super Ostrich, and the rest of the Skull Squadron, Arcadia!

Edited by brouken

22 minutes ago, Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0 said:

I think the next new mold will be an all new YF-21. Mr. K said he wanted another go at it years back on the Arcadia dev blog and reiterated as much with that Forbes interview not long ago.

I will throw money at that so fast. The Arcadia YF-19 is probably my favorite 1/60 valkyrie in fighter form, and it needs an antagonist.