Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It did? Sorry, since I didn't have one before. Thank God for Arcadia I guess. ^_^

But I'll probably just get Ivanov. ;) 

IIRC there were quite a few people who had pieces either broken off or cracked right out of the box. Similar to the Yamato VF-0 experience. 

After hearing how well the Roy VF-0S was built, I'm confident Arcadia will build a very sturdy/solid SV-51! B))

2 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

nope. If I'm going to get excited for something from Arcadia it had better be something more interesting than molds I already own but in grey.

Well sure, I agree. Something 100% completely new would be the most ideal. That of course would entail a lot more risk from Arcadia's POV to turn a profit, which makes it far more unlikely. So barring that, I'm just asking that they stretch their wings a little further than they have been.

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IIRC there were quite a few people who had pieces either broken off or cracked right out of the box. Similar to the Yamato VF-0 experience. 

After hearing how well the Roy VF-0S was built, I'm confident Arcadia will build a very sturdy/solid SV-51! B))

I see. The only thing I know from what I've read here regarding Yamato's SV-51, is those loose tabs that won't connect probably and some loose wings after a few transformations. But I agree with you. Seeing the new VF-0 that Arcadia did. And even if some of the VF-0A has some hip problem, everything lined up very well and they're sturdy. And this is based on experience as well since I did own one Yamato VF-0S some time ago so I know the difference. That's why I know that they build make a sturdy and solid SV-51's. ;)

But like I said earlier, I'll just get Ivanov since Arcadia prices is astronimically high upon release. And I just like the black/grey more than the purple with gold trim one. Hehehe. ^_^

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm IN for VF-1S GBP/Super/Strike Parts Minmay Guard set bundle. And one is enough for me. ^_^

...I think. ;)

I would love this too.

New molds (not the entire VF-1 molds) for the nose and nose cover on the 2-seaters "VF-1D". VT-1 and VE-1 molds are just fine imho

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. The only thing I know from what I've read here regarding Yamato's SV-51, is those loose tabs that won't connect probably and some loose wings after a few transformations. But I agree with you. Seeing the new VF-0 that Arcadia did. And even if some of the VF-0A has some hip problem, everything lined up very well and they're sturdy. And this is based on experience as well since I did own one Yamato VF-0S some time ago so I know the difference. That's why I know that they build make a sturdy and solid SV-51's. ;)

But like I said earlier, I'll just get Ivanov since Arcadia prices is astronimically high upon release. And I just like the black/grey more than the purple with gold trim one. Hehehe. ^_^

i'm with you, i love Ivanov's scheme.

I don't know which version I want more. I never had the Ivanov and it goes with the 0S, but I  really want to be able to finally dump my Yamato Nora plus her paint scheme matches the Sv-262 (assuming the use gold paint which they better.)

34 minutes ago, Valkyrie Griffon said:

Sold my Elintseeker and Ostrich and totally regret doing so, would love a reissue. Also WHERE IS THE YF-21!?!?!??!?!

With Arcadia re-releasing the VF-4, Super M & M's, and now the DYRL SDF-1....there is no reason to belive they will not do the same for the Super Ostrich and Elint Seeker....may as well save up for the VF-1D while you are at it.....

My dream is to have one of every vf-1 model type (vf-1S, J A, D and VE-1, VT-1) in 1/60 scale, and I'm relying on Arcadia to get me there.  So far I only have a vf-1S and vf-1J.  I see some of these yamatos available (particularly vf-1As) that are really tempting, but I'm a bit afraid of 5+ year old plastic and how long they will last.  They could be fine for another 20-30 years, but, I'm hesitant to risk it.

All that is to say I'm probably going to buy most of the SDF Macross releases from Arcadia that aren't just repaints of something I  already have, because I want to support them and have a chance at a full run of valks.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

My dream is to have one of every vf-1 model type (vf-1S, J A, D and VE-1, VT-1) in 1/60 scale, and I'm relying on Arcadia to get me there.  So far I only have a vf-1S and vf-1J.  I see some of these yamatos available (particularly vf-1As) that are really tempting, but I'm a bit afraid of 5+ year old plastic and how long they will last.  They could be fine for another 20-30 years, but, I'm hesitant to risk it.

All that is to say I'm probably going to buy most of the SDF Macross releases from Arcadia that aren't just repaints of something I  already have, because I want to support them and have a chance at a full run of valks.

Wish I had a dream that could be realized within a matter of a few minutes of browsing YJA or eBay.....

My VF-1 dream would only be fullfilled with the release of several VF-1 variants that still have yet to be released in PT toy form...

VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie

vefr-1-battroid_small.gif

VF-1A Valkyrie "Alaska Base"

vf-1a-alaskabase-battroid_small.gif

VF-1J Valkyrie "Macross The First"

vf-1j-mtf-battroid_small.gif

VF Orguss Valkyrie

orguss-valkyrie_small.jpg

VF-X-4

vf-x-4.gif

VF-1J Valkyrie Target Battroid

vf-1j-plus-battroid_small.gif

VF-1J Valkyrie "Milia"  M7

vf-1j-mac7-milia-battroid_small.gif

VT-1 Battroid Work

vt-1-battroidwork_small.gif

VT-1C

vt-1c-hoyly-battroid_small.gif

VF-1A Valkyrie Whale Hunter Custom

vf-1a-whalehunter-battroid_small.gif

SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

sdp-1-stampede-battroid_small.gif

VF-1EX

hsg65833_0_1470388508.jpg?v=1470388508

VF-1SOL

6241565641_b4297b0dd2_b.jpg

VF-1SR

vf-1sr-battroid.jpg

VF-1A Valkyrie Whale Hunter CustomVF-1A Va

3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

VEFR-1 Electronic Warfare Valkyrie

VF-1J Valkyrie "Macross The First"

VF Orguss Valkyrie

VF-X-4

VT-1 Battroid Work

VT-1C

SDP-1 Stampede Valkyrie

VF-1SR

All these would be definite buys for me and the rest of your list would at least tempt me. Arcadia, come on already! 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

But aren't we all too old to be playing with toys right now? :drinks:

41 here!!! I don't play with my toys, I pose them transform them and reenact and simulate carefully planned troop deployments around studied battle scenarios;)

19 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

41 here!!! I don't play with my toys, I pose them transform them and reenact and simulate carefully planned troop deployments around studied battle scenarios;)

of course!!......real men, like us, re-enact key battles of Space War I using our super real diecast and plastic high technology models....:drinks:

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

My exploding shoulders Roy VF-1S is still going after 8 years (thanks to Shapeways shoulders), 5 year old valkyries should be no problem.  The 30th anniversary releases are that age already.

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i'm with you, i love Ivanov's scheme.

The question now is how many of Ivanov's SV-51 we will buy? It would be nice to add some red paints on it. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

by the time Arcadia does that...we'll all be to old to see or play with them...but anyway!...:lol::rolleyes:

Wait, Derex. We actually need to play with them? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Insteresting. So you're saying you just wanted to collect one of every types. So how about which one has a great color schemes? Not to mention which pilot color should I collect? Just saying. :rolleyes:

And I'm not gonna worry too much on how long the toys will last. I'm already in my early 40's, I don't think I will still play with them when I'm in my 60's or 70's. ;) 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

But aren't we all too old to be playing with toys right now? :drinks:

We are? :ph34r: 

As far as I know, the designers of these toys we buy are of the same age or older than us. So we are appreciating things that was created by guys who are in our age group. Hehehe. ^_^ 

Right, JVM? :drinks:

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Insteresting. So you're saying you just wanted to collect one of every types. So how about which one has a great color schemes? Not to mention which pilot color should I collect? Just saying. :rolleyes:

And I'm not gonna worry too much on how long the toys will last. I'm already in my early 40's, I don't think I will still play with them when I'm in my 60's or 70's. ;) 

I'm just stating my personal goal for my collection.  As far as pilots or color schemes, hey, that's up to you.  This is just my end goal for my collection, that will also keep it from growing beyond what I think is reasonable (again, personal preference).

As far as having them last into my 60-70s, when I got out of toys in my early teens I never thought I would get back into them 20-odd years later.  So I can't really say what I'll be in to 30+ years from now.  I don't really "play" with them now (beyond setting up poses); for me, these are primarily display pieces that remind me of a great show/time in my childhood.  I'd like that to last as long as they can, really.

16 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm just stating my personal goal for my collection.  As far as pilots or color schemes, hey, that's up to you.  This is just my end goal for my collection, that will also keep it from growing beyond what I think is reasonable (again, personal preference).

As far as having them last into my 60-70s, when I got out of toys in my early teens I never thought I would get back into them 20-odd years later.  So I can't really say what I'll be in to 30+ years from now.  I don't really "play" with them now (beyond setting up poses); for me, these are primarily display pieces that remind me of a great show/time in my childhood.  I'd like that to last as long as they can, really.

I pretty much have the same goal (just not limited to VF-1's), but it's not an end goal. I stopped collecting in the early 2000's and only got back into it in the last year and a half so had a lot of catching up to do. My first goal was to get one of each model number. I've been able to do that except for the YF-21. My next goal is the same as yours, get one of each model letter for each model number. If I ever reach that goal I'll start collecting color schemes/pilots I like.

Purchasing this way I feel that I have been able to focus my collecting better and not feel like I am missing out on too much.

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

VF-1A Valkyrie "Alaska Base"

vf-1a-alaskabase-battroid_small.gif

VF-1J Valkyrie Target Battroid

vf-1j-plus-battroid_small.gif

VF-1J Valkyrie "Milia"  M7

vf-1j-mac7-milia-battroid_small.gif

vf-1a-whalehunter-battroid_small.gif

All of the Valkyries that you originally listed would be great if Arcadia released them.  

I have the ones above planned for HMR and I've never seen the Whale Hunter Custom before but that one is now being taken into consideration.  B))