Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

Just now, no3Ljm said:

And now, Arcadia is flooding the market with Roy's and Hikaru's VF-1S whether it's a regular release or the Premium Finish release. <_<

I think Arcadia was provoked by the KO announcements because it was already in PO over Taobao when they released the "Don't buy the KO Products" news. 

Arcadia shouldn't be too worried about the KO's as I'll definitely be buying the genuine thing! And if they give us the option of a premium finish version I'll definitely buy it! unlike the VF-1S which im not..

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

Arcadia shouldn't be too worried about the KO's as I'll definitely be buying the genuine thing! And if they give us the option of a premium finish version I'll definitely buy it! unlike the VF-1S which im not..

I don't think they're worried. All I'm saying is that they were just provoked. I mean, was there any sign before that they're planning on reissuing M&M's? I think KO announcement has something more to do with it that's why they decided on announcing it. ;)

6 minutes ago, F360 said:

but what if the KO are all Ko-Premium too.

Then we're doomed. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, monishb said:

With a premium roy coming soon is a bit disappointing especially people who bought the roy ww with strike parts set or the reissue recently. I'll probably will sell roy with strike parts even though I've never even transformed it.

I'm probably one of the few who is ok with the previous Roy release and the upcoming Hikaru regular release. No need for Premium Finish. I'll probably apply decal on my Valks. ;) 

Whoa a Focker premium finish version? I'm in for one! Bring on the M&M premium finish versions too! 

For me, I like detailing my valkyries when I can find the time, but it's a real hassle finding/making decals as I generally dislike stickers. Add in the time needed to actually apply all the decals and a few extra yen to cut out all of that is a bargain to me. 

Everyone's situation is different, of course. That's just my view. 

Arcadia's move boost some confidences for all the Macross Fans, 

We have our assurance for the reissue... Just do it one at a time, so that our wallet can take it...

What next? after M&M... I start dreaming.... 

1. SDF-1

2. VF-1D

3. fill in yourself...

The poor Lancer II doesn't get much enthusiasm here. :unsure: That's the release I'm most interested in.

The M&M's, I'm very unsure of. I don't really have the shelf-space, funds or interest frankly. But maybe I'll be drawn in into the pre-order hype later. :p

10 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

The poor Lancer II doesn't get much enthusiasm here. :unsure: That's the release I'm most interested in.

It's probably because of the price and what you get for it and it's a kit you gotta assemble/paint to make it shine.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

the cut off time as 2017/2/8 , so you will probably have to wait til closer to release date for any extra openings. 

These were the stores that had them

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19852-macross-1-60-kanzen-henkei-vf-1s-strike-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom-premium-finish-ver.html

http://www.anime-export.com/product/34709

http://hlj.com/product/acagk-01/Act

Thanks for chiming in, F360.

That's basically what HLJ told me, that I would have to wait until release and hope that they have a few extra pieces available :(

I knew I would regret taking a break from MWF at the beginning of the year...

46 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

It's probably because of the price and what you get for it and it's a kit you gotta assemble/paint to make it shine.

Or because there has been a previous resin kit fron Neptune for the Lancer which likely has better details than Arcadia one...

I am with Lolicon and Spanner, in fact if I could find someone to apply all the decals on my valks I would happily pay him for that... I just don't know where to look...

9 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Or because there has been a previous resin kit fron Neptune for the Lancer which likely has better details than Arcadia one...

I am with Lolicon and Spanner, in fact if I could find someone to apply all the decals on my valks I would happily pay him for that... I just don't know where to look...

Going by the Arcadia pic I'd say their version has more finer details like panel lines and kibble and slightly different proportions. But the Neptune one has 2 pilot figures, is cheaper, and created by a fellow MWer. Both look excellent to me.

Comparison:

Neptune version

IMG_5685 (Medium).JPG

C9GdUq1VwAAyr8t.jpg:large

Nice comparison. I could go either way on the Lancer II. 

Picking up a premium finish Roy is a given for me. ^_^ I love the rainbow canopy on my Yamato v2, but not the cracking, crumbling plastic.

I am surprised we are getting Roy's 1S so soon after Hikaru's, but the announcement makes sense for Arcadia and wasn't totally out of left field. 

And yeah, I hope it means M&M will have premium finish releases too. It may be a sucker move to get fans like me to buy them at a higher price, but I don't mind.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm probably one of the few who is ok with the previous Roy release and the upcoming Hikaru regular release. No need for Premium Finish. I'll probably apply decal on my Valks. ;) 

True but I'd have to put in time to apply them. I'd rather fly out of the box but I'll think of that option too. Will definitely save me $

9 hours ago, erizai said:

Arcadia's move boost some confidences for all the Macross Fans, 

We have our assurance for the reissue... Just do it one at a time, so that our wallet can take it...

What next? after M&M... I start dreaming.... 

1. SDF-1

2. VF-1D

3. fill in yourself...

You can post your dream list over Bandai Wish List and Arcadia Wish List. ;) 

3 hours ago, arbit said:

So is the Lancer a finished toy or kit?

Unbuilt Resin Kit.

3 hours ago, monishb said:

True but I'd have to put in time to apply them. I'd rather fly out of the box but I'll think of that option too. Will definitely save me $

True. We really need time. But hey, everyone needs a hobby, right? We sure will find time doing it. Even if it's just section per section. ;)

It will be a labor of love, my friend.

15 hours ago, chaff.g said:

The announcement of the premium finish Focker is a little disconcerting for those of us contemplating M&M purchases. Do we pull the trigger now or risk waiting for potential M&M premium finish releases 12 months down the road?

Also, I have to wonder if the KO releases of M&M were provoked by Arcadia's release plans, not the other way around. If the KOs are coming out of factories producing the legitimate Arcadia products, then workers in those factories would be privy to Arcadia's otherwise secret release schedule.

I mentioned this before and it's my thinking that no established company like Arcadia is making major moves because of KOs. It's much more likely that the KOs are related to the official factory and just taking the opportunity to make money with their inside info.

15 hours ago, F360 said:

If they are going to do a premium finish M&M they would most likely announced/open on the same day, similar to their recent VF-1s Hikaru.

I'm thinking they might just go all Premium Finish and maybe release the normal version if the premium preorders are lower than expected.  More Premium Finish units, lower cost, lower msrp. ,etc. sounds right to me.

I don't care much about the finish but I kida hope this is what they do instead of giving the two options. Just make it the best way you can and sell that.

14 hours ago, F360 said:

but what if the KO are all Ko-Premium too.

I'm wondering this too...I wish we could get more details so I can decide how may of what type I'm buying from who.

52 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I mentioned this before and it's my thinking that no established company like Arcadia is making major moves because of KOs. It's much more likely that the KOs are related to the official factory and just taking the opportunity to make money with their inside info.

Yup. It's unlikely that Arcadia would allow bootleggers to dictate their release schedule. Moreover, even if Arcadia wanted to react to the existence of KOs, they probably aren't agile enough to react so quickly. Arcadia is subject to the logistics of production as well as the constraints imposed on them by their licensing agreements. They can't fiat new products like these M&M releases into existence at will. Neither can the bootleggers. These KOs must be coming out of the same factories that Arcadia are themselves using.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No definite info yet. All we know is when it's going to get released.

I guess we will have to wait and see!  Thanks no3Ljm!

Would be interesting if they do both versions like Hikaru.  Having options are nice! :)

13 hours ago, neko878 said:

I guess we will have to wait and see!  Thanks no3Ljm!

Would be interesting if they do both versions like Hikaru.  Having options are nice! :)

You're welcome. There's already a thread for M&M so any new updates and prices will be posted there by other members for sure. ;)

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=247

***This is a resin cast KIT!

予価  17,064円

発売日:2017年5月発売予定 (release date: May)

受注締切日は2017/4/30(日)まで (preorder start :4/14 - cut-off date: 4/30)

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=246

予価  27,864円

発売日:2017年7月発売予定 release date: July)

受注締切日は2017/5/17(水)まで  (pre-order start: 4/17 - cut-off date: 5/17)

Edited by kyekye
add