Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

42 minutes ago, w8kbrder said:

Tell u what....if I owned a pair of Yamato M&M, I'd be selling while the demand is hot. I watched several people hold out on selling the VF-4 when the prices were stupid high. Then arcadia re-booted the lighting and prices flopped on the yamato. I've collected a lot of things.....funny how this hobby ....the vintage toys go down in price once a re-issue comes out. In the majority of the collecting world, most original vintage 1st issues are so much more valuable....whether it's comics, skateboards, etc. Here it's the opposite. Fascinating

I've made that observation long ago, therefore I don't think collecting toys as a long term investment is a good idea. There aren't very many who will opt to pay a higher price for an older toy (which is almost purely born out of nostalgia) VS a newer version of it that is most likely improved in all aspects significantly.

It's probably similar to gadgets. How many people would prefer to pay a higher price fon an original Nokia 3310 VS the newer 3310 version that Nokia is releasing (assuming they want something that looks like a 3310 in the first place)?

Edited by ArchieNov

6 hours ago, spanner said:

my beautiful babies! :wub::D

don't mind the Vodka Valkyrie blocking the view.. :p

20170408_140945.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa do you have your beautiful custom on a Flightpose? Be careful with those; the nubs are notorious for eating into paint and clear coats. 

Nice pics spanner and Darotower.

If Arcadia's turn out pink (high chance) then I'll just leave them in Fighter mode or skip them and stick with my loose and MIB sets from Yamato.

Edited by sh9000

21 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I half expect Milia's VF-1J to come out sort of orange-ish and Max's to be a purple hued blue while the visor frames are black because they maybe might have looked that way in one frame of animation error during an explosion while squinting your eyes really hard.

Well, they were only on screen for 9 seconds.

53 minutes ago, technoblue said:

No worries. Arcadia has you covered. They will sell you the option parts and give you a free Valkyrie too. :p

Ah...so that's what they did with the 1/60 Fire Bomber figurine set...makes sense, who in their right mind would have bought that VF-19 Kai Bling Edition! :acute:

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Whoa whoa whoa do you have your beautiful custom on a Flightpose? Be careful with those; the nubs are notorious for eating into paint and clear coats. 

I do indeed! Just checked it after reading your comment. Its been sitting on that stand for a few months now and so far so good! Though i haven't had any issues with any of my Valks sitting on FP stands..

16 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

It's pictures like this that are going to make me break down and buy the Arcadia M&M... :unsure:

Haha! Good to know! We'll just have to keep posting pics to make your life harder! 

15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Nice pics spanner and Darotower.

If Arcadia's turn out pink (high chance) then I'll just leave them in Fighter mode or skip them and stick with my loose and MIB sets from Yamato.

Yeah I'll be pretty bummed if these re-issues have pinky white problems.. fingers crossed they don't but Arcadia has already a track record for this problem..

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I just want the option parts....calling dibs now if anyone doesn't need them! :rolleyes:

Would be pretty silly for anyone wanting to part with their super parts.. or at least I certainly wouldn't.

1 hour ago, spanner said:

I do indeed! Just checked it after reading your comment. Its been sitting on that stand for a few months now and so far so good! Though i haven't had any issues with any of my Valks sitting on FP stands..

That's good. Would hate to see a lovely custom get marred by it. They're fine if the nubs are only touching bare plastic, but they've been known to damage paint over time. 

I stopped using them (except for taking brief photos) because of it. 

52 minutes ago, spanner said:

Ah yes the option parts I never use and you would be welcome to them! LOL! 

Cool....if you really do not want them I'll definitely buy them.....not sure if I need an Arcadia M&M.....I'd be all over a clear plastic Arcade version set though!  Someone really needs to petition Mr. K about those via tweet or FB.....

3 hours ago, Gundam@EFSF said:

Supposingly M&M must be TV ver.?  So will they come with round hands? thanks

LOL! the clown hands! yeah.. they do or at least should for these re-issues. Also thought I'd also mention that I have NEVER used those stupid bloody things..

Edited by spanner

1 hour ago, spanner said:

LOL! the clown hands! yeah.. they do or at least should for these re-issues. Also thought I'd also mention that I have NEVER used those stupid bloody things..

I can give them a good home if you don't want them :D

2 hours ago, Kurisama said:

Aye, this is true - I'll have to find the original file, but in that file I had it set up on a bone rig to allow to quickly pose the hands in any way.

But apart from that there are a few VF-1 items available there; https://www.shapeways.com/shops/RPG?section=Macross+VF%2FYF+Upgrades&s=0

Can you do the gunpod-holding one as well? It'd go well with the closed fist.