Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Or we could just wait until those KO company announce it then Arcadia might make a move reissuing it. Or better yet, a renewal version of it with better proportion and a chance of having that Armor parts for VF-11C to be made. Who knows? ;)

IMO the YF-21/VF-22 and VF-11B/C molds are both way to old and janky to get a reissue. If we ever see either of them from Arcadia again it's going to be a 2.0/renewal deal sometime after the Zero train has run it's course.

Edited by anime52k8

Getting M&M is an almost lifelong desire for me come true. Looks like I'll be able to do that in three different scales this year! Only questions for me now are will there be premium finish options and how many sets of what versions to buy (including KOs if they turn out well)? I guess another question is where I'm going to get the money but that's trivial, lol. 

As far as Arcadia doing this in response to KOs? I always assume the opposite where the KO companies are most likely involved with the factories producing these things and with their inside knowledge, they use the opportunity to make some money.

I've wanted these since a long time ago, and while I'm glad they're finally getting reissued, I am somewhat on the fence on whether I still really want them. I guess the HMRs kinda helped satisfy my desire for these, and I already have the VF-22 M&Ms along with a bunch of Yamato VF-1s, so I'm not feeling the big urge here.

But if they do a premium release with all the tampo, I will be more inclined to get them. We'll see.

Another thing that's downing my enthusiasm is looking in my display cabinet, I noticed I have a lot of red/blue pairs already (e.g. M&Ms, Fire and Blazer Valk, Blade Liger and Geno Breaker, Murasame Liger and Hayate Liger, Ranma and Akane, etc). I guess it's a popular color combo.

Edited by ArchieNov

Woo hoo!!! Super excited for this news. Been wanting this pair for so long. And it's not yet another VF-1S re-issue. Hopefully these sell really well so that Arcadia keeps pushing out other re-issues (VF-1D especially). I was hoping to see this news when I saw M & M on ebay today.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

IMO the YF-21/VF-22 and VF-11B/C molds are both way to old and janky to get a reissue. If we ever see either of them from Arcadia again it's going to be a 2.0/renewal deal sometime after the Zero train has run it's course.

Agreed, and we were told how many molds Arcadia bought from Yamato and it seemed unlikely they bought these. 

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Wasn't the YF-19 mold just as old?

The original Yamato 1/60 YF-19 was released in 2006, so it was even older than the 11/21. The Arcadia YF-19 is a completely new mold based on the engineering of yamato's VF-19s, neither of which share any parts or engineering with the first YF-19.

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

How much how much?

im expecting them to be around the same or similar price to their premium finish VF-1S.. each.. which is fine as I'll definitely be getting a set regardless! 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not a big fan of the couple but since it will get reissued, I might bite. ^_^

blasphemy! :o:p :D 

Next they really need to reissue the Elintseeker, with a premium finish and a female backseater. I would force my credit card through my monitor for that. 

I'm sorely tempted to get these. I have the Yamato versions, but I purchased them second-hand without boxes. My Miriya has a paint chip on the leg - not somewhere that's rubbed by transformation either. 

If these are the premium finish ver, you may see mine on the FS/T thread soon. Along with my VF-1S Hikaru; I have the premium finish of that coming too.

I guess this answers the question whether or not Arcadia still had the license for the TV variants. Yeah the VT & VE variants would be nice for those who never got the original releases but personally I'd prefer to see them do other TV variants such as the VF-1D and Cavaliers. I think they have done enough movie editions.

You guys are sweating for this release lol, I'm the guy here that has all of the Yammies except a reasonably priced Destroid Defender in the yellow shade :lol:

I am glad everyone can finally get a set of these. Luckily I got a set of Yamato M&M for $250 shipped back in the day from a member here. I'll definitely get a set or 2 this time around too. If they have a detail up version I might get a set of those and a normal set. 

5 hours ago, spanner said:

and as with their VF-4G re-issue, I expect little to no improvements in build or finish quality.

though I wonder if they will offer a premium version of them this time round as they did with the VF-1S..

At least these will probably come with the option parts (neck and underarm covers). Those are standard now right? The originals didn't have them

6 hours ago, spanner said:

I guess this answers the question whether or not Arcadia still had the license for the TV variants. Yeah the VT & VE variants would be nice for those who never got the original releases but personally I'd prefer to see them do other TV variants such as the VF-1D and Cavaliers. I think they have done enough movie editions.

It's either or for me. The VT-1 is at the top of my DYRL list because the Yamato version is rare, requires fixing out of the box and could just use a decent reissue with no crumbly joints. 

On the TV side of things , I would love to see Arcadia release the Alaska Base variant, reissue Max's 1A, and then venture into releasing some of the more unique paint schemes like Yamato used to do with the 1/48s.

10 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Good news for those who missed out on the Yamato's. Still...I'll be holding on to my mine...after all..this IS Arcadia we're talking about...blues, reds and whites..LOL! we'll see if they get it right! 

Even with Arcadia pinkish white, they should be better than the HMR versions.

7 hours ago, spanner said:

I agree. I need a VF-1D! :lol:

Edited by Lorindor

7 hours ago, technoblue said:

It's either or for me. The VT-1 is at the top of my DYRL list because the Yamato version is rare, requires fixing out of the box and could just use a decent reissue with no crumbly joints. 

On the TV side of things , I would love to see Arcadia release the Alaska Base variant, reissue Max's 1A, and then venture into releasing some of the more unique paint schemes like Yamato used to do with the 1/48s.

Ahhh yes indeedI do recall the VT-1 having bad shoulder joints.  As did the first example I had. Also the colored nav lights would crumble away. Luckily my 2nd one has no issues!

I do have a custom Alaska base VF-1A but having a factory made example would be nice! And yes something completely new colors would be a treat! 

20 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Good news for those who missed out on the Yamato's. Still...I'll be holding on to my mine...after all..this IS Arcadia we're talking about...blues, reds and whites..LOL! we'll see if they get it right! 

I half expect Milia's VF-1J to come out sort of orange-ish and Max's to be a purple hued blue while the visor frames are black because they maybe might have looked that way in one frame of animation error during an explosion while squinting your eyes really hard.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to them being slightly different colors, just for variety.  If they go with the colors Yamato used on the VF-22s, that might be about my limit though. :lol:

And actually, I wouldn't entirely mind a set of packs in the colors Bandai is spitting out as "canon" now.  Some light gray missile packs for the boosters might look really nice on a VE-1.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 4/6/2017 at 2:18 AM, abbadon said:

Max and Milia next?

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/849879365991120896

【お知らせ】
「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーミリア搭乗機(仮)」「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーマックス搭乗機(仮)」共に近日受注開始が決定しました!発売はミリアが八月!マックスが12月を予定!詳細は追って告知します!
#マクロス #完全変形

Hope this is a thing.

I was thinking on jumping out of the boat of collecting Macross stuff since I miss this 2. There is no way I can get the Yamato releases at the ridiculous price of the aftermarket.

Tell u what....if I owned a pair of Yamato M&M, I'd be selling while the demand is hot. I watched several people hold out on selling the VF-4 when the prices were stupid high. Then arcadia re-booted the lighting and prices flopped on the yamato. I've collected a lot of things.....funny how this hobby ....the vintage toys go down in price once a re-issue comes out. In the majority of the collecting world, most original vintage 1st issues are so much more valuable....whether it's comics, skateboards, etc. Here it's the opposite. Fascinating

Edited by w8kbrder