Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

With the current low entry point of 3D scanning and printing, plus the high prices of the Arcadia's products, it just a matter of time bootlegs show up. I'm sure their quality won't be as good. 

But if the bootlegs can achive 80% or more of Arcadia's quality with half the price, I can't see why the collectors with average income that was shunned by Arcadia's pricing, won't buy the bootlegs.

Not sure why Arcadia price the way the price now. If it's licensing issue, I hope BW don't get too greedy and kill off another company that is willing to make great Macross toys.

Oh yea ...there is one more thing arcadia can do to cover the macross zero series...

octos-destroid_small.gif.1cb38e52a757ed2767048b66d7615ff9.gif

Tho that may be a stretch to sell...maybe as a last resort...:)

Well lets see what arcadia comes up in future in terms of macross...back to the 51 tho, am waiting to hear how they will blog/improve on it...what exactly can you do arcadia.

Like how whoever is behind these knockoffs has been paying attention. Straight to the M&M knockoffs.

I'll sit this out, as I already have a second-hand set, sans boxes, from Yamato. There is a decent chance I'd double-dip if the real thing ever came from Arcadia, though.

8 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I wish that the reason behind these KO VF-1 is that Arcadia is fully committed in a complete new line, with new V3 molds and exiting features.

That would explain why the old molds would eventually got sold and ended to be used by KO but Arcadia would still be ahead thanks to improved versions and safe from any copies of the current models. 

Thats my wish.

Probably someone just re-casted one of the Yamato VF-1 kits...that would be the easiest thing a KO company could do

14 hours ago, Tober said:

I wonder if they could get a license for Macross: The First... They could do the SDF and Valkyrie variants without excessive cost.

I'm IN for this for sure. I really like the redesigned or I mean recolored VF-1J. :wub: 

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah there's obviously a market for the KO products. I bet macross plus is next! Maybe I'll be able to pickup a yf-21 for less than $350-$400 after all :) haha

Less than $350-400? You think so? Look how Arcadia prices their new releases. It's already in the $320-340 price mark. You never know if we're going to reach that prices you mentioned soon. ;) But to be honest, even at that price, I would still love to see their renewal take on the YF-21.

34 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Probably someone just re-casted one of the Yamato VF-1 kits...that would be the easiest thing a KO company could do

For sure. It's the same thing happened on Bandai's Gunplas. Third parties or bootleggers cast the original mold and start from there. And look where they are now. Their designing new stuff too that Bandai hasn't produced it yet. Probably because they already alloted budget from selling mass produced recast Gunplas.

Just adding this note. And to be honest, I already read a lot of stuff regarding bootlegs and whatnot. I for one, is also guilty of having selected bootlegs in my collection. And the only reason for that is because the original releases have astronomical prices and no assurance if there will be a reissue or not. That's why when the opportunity arises for those KO's I grabbed a few. But the moment the original product got reissued months and years later, I still went and bought the originals. That being said, I always make sure that I will not miss any PO's of figures that I want instead of waiting for a KO company to produce it.

Edited by no3Ljm

I want a v.3 VF-1 mold like I want to dive face first into a woodchipper. :p  I know some people would love seeing further improvements, but I'd much rather see either new products, or variants of old ones that people have been wanting for years (coughcoughsupernovaschemes).

But I mean.. if the labor involved in assembly and painting of these is what's driving the cost?  Issue kits of everything and be done.  Arcadia seems to be chasing its tail every 5 minutes trying to appease every single fan who makes some comment about paint colors, or build quality control, or whatever.  They need to just save themselves the headache, and release kits of all their molds (in various base colors of course), so they can breathe easy and just let the customers make everything how they like.

Seriously, I would probably spend more on kit versions than pre-made ones, because whether I ever get to doing them or not, the number of things I can imagine building far exceeds what any company would ever even come close to releasing.

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I want a v.3 VF-1 mold like I want to dive face first into a woodchipper. :p  I know some people would love seeing further improvements, but I'd much rather see either new products, or variants of old ones that people have been wanting for years (coughcoughsupernovaschemes).

But I mean.. if the labor involved in assembly and painting of these is what's driving the cost?  Issue kits of everything and be done.  Arcadia seems to be chasing its tail every 5 minutes trying to appease every single fan who makes some comment about paint colors, or build quality control, or whatever.  They need to just save themselves the headache, and release kits of all their molds (in various base colors of course), so they can breathe easy and just let the customers make everything how they like.

Seriously, I would probably spend more on kit versions than pre-made ones, because whether I ever get to doing them or not, the number of things I can imagine building far exceeds what any company would ever even come close to releasing.

Oh God. If Arcadia released kit versions of all their products I probably couldn't resist... but my Macross Model Backlog is already YEARS LONG

I guess next for Arcadia after the Ivanov is gonna be a Nora or CF Sv-51. Kinda a no-brainer.

What I would really like to see is their take on the VF-25. But that's probably never gonna happen, as I doubt Bandai would allow BW to issue a licence to Arcadia to make 1/60 scale transforming VF-25 toys.

Arcadia really should get around to releasing the M&M VF-1J and the VT-1 and VE-1 for those that missed the original Yamato releases.

As for the 51, most likely Nora's will be next. 

I'd love for Arcadia to reissue the Elintseeker, even in a "premium finish". 

I might get a couple of kits but that's not what I would really want. These are transforming kits first and foremost. The last thing I would want is to spend hours/days/weeks doing a custom paint job just to have it ruined the first time I transformed it. And there's no way I would not transform it. If I wanted a static kit I would just get a more detailed Hasegawa. At most I'd just paint areas that don't rub against other parts and add some weathering. I'd never be able to go all out and do something like a traditional aircraft grey or camo paint scheme like I would want.

Edited by Boobytrap

If Bandai ever release a DX Chogokin VF-22S Sturmvogel II in NUNS color of Macross Delta, I want Arcadia to re-issue the YF-21, Bandai VF-22S is definitely very likely to happen, especially considering that they already did a VF-19ADVANCE as a superior Chogokin toy compared to Arcadia YF-19, so i have high hope that Arcadia would do the same.

E3839EE382AFE383ADE382B9CE9423E8A9B1E6AE

Edited by thetrollphysicist

• 2 weeks later...

Max and Milia next?

https://twitter.com/ARCADIA_Co_Ltd/status/849879365991120896

【お知らせ】
「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーミリア搭乗機(仮)」「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーマックス搭乗機(仮)」共に近日受注開始が決定しました!発売はミリアが八月!マックスが12月を予定!詳細は追って告知します!
#マクロス #完全変形

3 minutes ago, abbadon said:

Max and Milia next?

【お知らせ】
「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーミリア搭乗機(仮)」「1/60 完全変形 VF-1Jスーパーバルキリーマックス搭乗機(仮)」共に近日受注開始が決定しました!発売はミリアが八月!マックスが12月を予定!詳細は追って告知します!
#マクロス #完全変形

doing a quick translation it would seem so yes! Finally something I'll be in for! sucks I paid a fortune for mine but that was a little while ago now so it won't hurt that much in the overall scheme of things..

the translation..

【Notice】
"1/60 perfect deformation VF - 1 J Super Valkyrie Milia boarding aircraft (provisional)" "1/60 perfect deformation VF - 1 J Super Valkyrie Max boarding plane (temporary)" is decided to start orders coming soon! The release is August Miria! Max plans for December! Details will be announced later!
# Macross # complete deformation

15 minutes ago, abbadon said:

Max and Milia next?

【お知らせ】
#マクロス #完全変形

YES!!!

:yahoo:

:hail: