Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

13 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I meant it isn't Harmony Gold, specifically, that is stopping Macross merch from being sold internationally.

10 hours ago, erizai said:

If this is really the case, my hatred to HG is growing stronger..... 

Nope, it's all HG, my friends. ;) 

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If Arcadia were to add anything, I want a duty uniformed Hikaru and Misa to sit in it.  Extra bonus if they include the tent.  I might even get a third, and customize one with a VF-1D head instead of the antenna one.

Don't forget the camp bed, signed handkerchief, and the cooked mutated fish. ^_^

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Given their release schedules so far, I don't think they'd even be capable of releasing two valks in one month. Best case scenario would probably be June and December so we get both in one year.  

I don't think they have the rights to do M&M or else they would have already. I think they're getting a sub from Bandai and Bandai only lets them release valks where the market will always have demand so Arcadia can't ruin demand if Bandai chooses to go DX. That's my conspiracy theory. 

That sounds about right.

49 minutes ago, erizai said:

Re-issue the DYRL SDF-1, I am sure even at 38000 yen, all the people here mostly bite, cash in and stay afloat, Arcadia... 

looking at those insane after market price... 400usd is a lot of sweats to earn for an ordinary folk...

I'm definitely in the boat for this.  I believe the 1/3000 dyrl sdf-1 is one of the molds arcadia acquired from yamato.  I think it is one of their most anticipated releases at this point.

The problem is we're in a pretty serious echo chamber on these forums.  Just us being here puts us pretty close to the "die-hard" category.  How many "casual" collectors are going to put that kind of money out for something much less dynamic than a vf-1?  I really don't know.

Let's assume that Arcadia can continue to make Valks from SDFM & DYRL, doing a reissue of the M&M and SDF-1 would be such a payday for those guys.

While I keep telling myself not to go nuts on getting one Valk after another, I'd make the exception for these! (Don't think I'm alone on this one)

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Given their release schedules so far, I don't think they'd even be capable of releasing two valks in one month. Best case scenario would probably be June and December so we get both in one year.  

I don't think they have the rights to do M&M or else they would have already. I think they're getting a sub from Bandai and Bandai only lets them release valks where the market will always have demand so Arcadia can't ruin demand if Bandai chooses to go DX. That's my conspiracy theory. 

I'm confused somehow towards the last part  Don't you mean Big West and not Bandai? Or Bandai is somehow dictating regarding market demands?

Edited by no3Ljm

In this theory, Bandai has the rights but are subleasing them to Arcadia so they can dictate what Arcadia can release and they get their cut on top of the BW rate. It basically let's Bandai get some money while squatting on the rights. 

I think Arcadia has the rights to Zero and Plus right now but not SDF.

I'm kinda fortunate. I want Mirage's 31-yet to be announced, the Sv-262Ba-yet to be announced, and the new Sv-51. So far, only one thing for me this year. 

19 hours ago, treatment said:

Meanwhile, it'll be nice for Arcadia to do a whole new mould instead of just tweaking existing yamato-designs and expensively charging for it.

A new mould, Arcadia.

Like a 1/60 Cheyenne...

At least we know the sv51 is confirmed... so the only mold(?) left after the 51(variants aside) that hasn't been attempted from macross zero would b the Cheyenne...expect that to be very high on the release list if Arcadia still wants to remain in m0 ..(also not counting any rehash of the ghost)

The Garland is a new mold. That took up those resources. Destroids have traditionally sold poorly, so I agree with Jenius that the Cheyenne is unlikely to be done. The Ghost MUST be redone since the old one doesn't really fit the rejigged Zeroes, so that'll be high on Arcadia's priority list. Recolors of the new 51 are almost guaranteed in the future as well if Ivanov's sells at all well. 

8 hours ago, Sildani said:

The Garland is a new mold. That took up those resources. Destroids have traditionally sold poorly, so I agree with Jenius that the Cheyenne is unlikely to be done. The Ghost MUST be redone since the old one doesn't really fit the rejigged Zeroes, so that'll be high on Arcadia's priority list. Recolors of the new 51 are almost guaranteed in the future as well if Ivanov's sells at all well. 

I find Garland is not really refined/improved for the new released, I kind of prefer the old one. The old one overall look more heroic, except the details is not good. Arcadia must be very sad if I said that lol...

Well let's get back to the Topic, think Jenius is getting it right... as they may only have zero's licence.. sad...

zero will have lesser demand for sure if compared to DYRL...  hmmm... I could be wrong.

Then they might try to go with the other license they seem to still have, Macross Plus. They might have 7's license yet as well, since they kicked out that Sound Booster not too awfully long ago. 

Wave already has the 1/72 destroid kit line, so i thk any DIY arcadia destorids would have a mountain to climb..

But you brought up a good point, perhaps customising valks would be another angle for arcadia to survive in...

The recent DIY RA for instance, you could customise em and voila, 0a/0s, all your kits belongs to mars base! :D 

In fact, i wouldnt mind a DIY ghost set or DIY VF-0D!...make it happen arcadia!!
Arcadia is saying, you want the 0B/0C so bad? Make it yourself!! And they could even go into custom decal line! Whoahhh am tripping now!!!

1 hour ago, barurutor said:

Man, between requests like this and bootleg valk reactions (eager/expected/they deserved it) it's like people want Arcadia to fail. 

Even before bootlegs were mentioned I think Arcadia already had a problem with their business model. It is not the customer's fault. That said I do not want Arcadia to fail, as more competition means more choices and reasonable prices (I wish).

I wish that the reason behind these KO VF-1 is that Arcadia is fully committed in a complete new line, with new V3 molds and exiting features.

That would explain why the old molds would eventually got sold and ended to be used by KO but Arcadia would still be ahead thanks to improved versions and safe from any copies of the current models. 

Thats my wish.

I view this thread differently, we are more like expressing our love to Arcadia, and giving precautions so that Arcadia don't fail.

Just make the toys the crowd wanted, and move on... already a lot of good pointer which one is the sure bet...

Many fans bought double or even triple to support Arcadia, can see how much we appreciated Arcadia.  

You can't stop the bootleg but if the boot leg can perform as good or even better means there are some respects we must give to those can perform up to this level... although it's not legitimate... it take two hands to clap.. think BW must also relax a bit on the licensing fees, else ... I can see chaos...