Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

nice Tomcat model! what scale is that? its a little small to be next to the 1/60 VF-1 though.. 

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Arrrghh don't get me started on s tomcat and mig hunts ... Was looking thru die cast versions and took me almost forever to sort thru the info...waz considering one or two to accompany the valks but there r so many...

Even though I have a 1/48 Tomcat in Zero colors, I'd like to find something closer to the Valkyrie scale and have it customized the same way. But I don't think there are any 1/60 scale models out there..

On 2/24/2017 at 0:16 PM, spanner said:

nice Tomcat model! what scale is that? its a little small to be next to the 1/60 VF-1 though.. 

Even though I have a 1/48 Tomcat in Zero colors, I'd like to find something closer to the Valkyrie scale and have it customized the same way. But I don't think there are any 1/60 scale models out there..

there are abundant 1/72's....and ..its a slippery slope...

been thinking abt this one https://hlj.com/product/HBM40650 but i dont know if i wanna get hooked on tomcats...esp the century wings or upcoming calibre wings...

55 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What is the actual measured length of that 1/64?

At true 1/64, it should be about 12 inches. If it were 1/60, it would be about 3/4" longer. Close enough.

I tried to find one online, but I guess they're not being made any more. I would have liked to repaint one in a M0 scheme.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corgi-1-64-scale-F14D-Tomcat-/112308735797?hash=item1a261f4f35:g:IzMAAOSw6DtYXI1L

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Corgi-F-14D-Tomcat-Metal-Diecast-Airplane-1-64-Scale-Tactical-Strike-/222396215941?hash=item33c7d8f285:g:Lw0AAOSwcUBYPvNz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CORGI-TACTICAL-STRIKE-1-64-F-14D-TOMCAT-VF-2-BOUNTY-HUNTERS-USN-2003-IRAQI-2003-/282339124757?hash=item41bcb92615:g:nMEAAOSwo4pYic-R

2 hours ago, valhary said:

one missing for the holy trinity of armors

Macross+Chronicles+21+pic17.JPG

Don't you mean the holy 'Yamato' trinity of armors. ;)

Either way, I'm IN for that too. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

I think a VF-11 renewal version would be better. The shoulder armor wouldn't work too well with the Yamatos unless they do the pegged shoulders like the RA. Make the B,C and D versions then the MaxL.

Edited by wmkjr

I was looking at the arcadia release thread and noticed this:

6. VF-0D Phoenix (Shin Kudo custom) (2/2015) - MSRP 36800円

7. VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijo Custom) (5/2015) - MSRP 23800円

8. VF-0A Phoenix (Shin Kudo Custom) (8/2015) - MSRP 34800円

9. VF-0S Phoenix (Roy Focker Custom) (12/2015) - MSRP 34800円

10. VF-4G Lightning III (2/2016) - MSRP 27000円

11. VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Roy Focker Custom) Movie ver. (8/2016) - MSRP 21800円

This can't be right. Did Arcadia only have 2 releases in 2016? Both reissues no less.

Dreams of a max/mirya 1j reissues are seeming like a pipe dream now.

Edited by Sandman

34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I was looking at the arcadia release thread and noticed this:

This can't be right. Did Arcadia only have 2 releases in 2016? Both reissues no less.

Dreams of a max/mirya 1j reissues are seeming like a pipe dream now.

They also released these:

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=173

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=229

http://arcadia.ac/products/detail.php?product_id=175

I don't know what you want to consider those.  But I think they are also reissues.

2016 was the year of Delta, there is some sense for arcadia to ride out the delta (in particular DX) hype whilst ensuring visibility, re-issue's would have fit that mold..

The question i suspect they may have to answer is with a new series in 2018, will arcadia still stay and battle it out with bandai on the macross front...

and if yes, how will arcadia do it with bandai having good/increasing similar priced quality DX releases, with a hype engine of a new series (assuming bandai takes up the new series releases)...

Edited by seti88

Presumably they'll bid on all series and get the one(s) Bandai doesn't out muscle them on. Zero still seems a safe bet. Maybe 7. If Bandai doesn't go DX VF1 then maybe more reissues.

I'd guess Bandai is helping bankroll the new stuff so those licenses are locked up.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

2016 was the year of Delta, there is some sense for arcadia to ride out the delta (in particular DX) hype whilst ensuring visibility, re-issue's would have fit that mold..

Yeah but bandai didn't release any delta dxs until dec. they mostly released sdfm hi-metal stuff.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Presumably they'll bid on all series and get the one(s) Bandai doesn't out muscle them on. Zero still seems a safe bet. Maybe 7. If Bandai doesn't go DX VF1 then maybe more reissues.

I'd guess Bandai is helping bankroll the new stuff so those licenses are locked up.

I sincerely hope bandai isn't doing that, it sounds like an anti-competitive stance. I do hope its a simple explanation of BW charging a premium for license fee's or that other toy companies view macross as too niche a brand to be able to make $ off it.  

20 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah but bandai didn't release any delta dxs until dec. they mostly released sdfm hi-metal stuff.

The 31 and 262 prototypes in DX form where unveiled at the early presentation of delta. And by no other than kawamori-san and gang. Based on that alone, i thk any marketing plan from arcadia would be eclipsed. 

Well, this year Arcadia has three big releases: the Ichijo VF-1, the VF-0 Reactive Armor, and the retooled Sv-51. Four if you count the 1/24 Garland. They seem to be picking up the pace a little. 

3 hours ago, Sildani said:

Well, this year Arcadia has three big releases: the Ichijo VF-1, the VF-0 Reactive Armor, and the retooled Sv-51. Four if you count the 1/24 Garland. They seem to be picking up the pace a little. 

I doubt that the SV-51y Ivanov will be released this year. Though it was announced this year. ;) 

If they tease a prototype by May, there may be a possibility of a dec release.

I recall the 0a was released abt the end of the same year it was teased. Of course it was a slight modification to th 0d, which might account for the speed of release.

as for the SV, if it's just a matter of better proportions and better joints(?) from the Yamato , maybe just maybe a dec release?