Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I feel the HMR VF-1 is the weakest entry in that line, with inferior proportions to the Yamato version and questionable build quality and design choices.

As to the proportions, to each their own, but if I photoshop the two to be the same size I'm pretty sure you'd be amazed at how good the HMR is. I did do this picture before with the original Hi-Metal and the HMR pretty much solves the two major weaknesses (head and jolly roger placement). In fighter mode, I've heard lots of people complain, but... I dunno...

Hi-Metal-VF-1S-8.jpgHi-Metal-Comparison-11.jpg

As to odd design choices, I'm pretty sure the price point is as far as you need to look. If Bandai does a DX there'd be something worth comparing... my fingers are crossed. I don't think a Yamato V3 is coming but I still think a DX is.

Where's Arcadia's Garland prototype? I'm more interest in that than the Zero armor. I'd also be interested in a 0C.

The price point argument is BS to me. $100 is only "cheap" relatively speaking. It's still $100. We're not talking about $9.98 toys you can pick up from Walmart.

In any case, no, I don't think we'll see a V3 from Arcadia. Given Arcadia's current pricing, who's going to pay that much for a slightly improved VF-1? I imagine only the most hardcore collectors, and they probably already have a substantial VF-1 collection.

If they could manage it at a good price point, say $150 for a new, improved VF-1, then it might be worthwhile.

I'd be much happier if they would reissue past releases, especially some of the hard to find items. I'd gladly pay $180 for a super ostrich reissue.

I think you're very right on the Arcadia pricing, I can't see people spending $200 a vf-1 which is all the more reason to hope that if a new valk comes it's a Bandai DX toy. That though, puts Bandai in a very odd place. Bandai would do to themselves what Yamato did to them when the HM line was originally issued. Maybe that explains why Bandai was toying (heh) with the idea of a much large DX toy.... so the pricing is so dramatically different from the HMR line the sales aren't cannibalized. It might also explain why Bandai would obtain the 1/60 VF-1 license (if they did, and I'm not saying they did), it would be insurance against Arcadia killing the HMR line like Yamato did to the HM line.

an Arcadia v3 VF-1 definitely not! Im absolutely content with the v2 with all their good and (few) bad points..Besides there isn't that much wrong with a v2 that's really spoiling the toy for me personally.

But yes to re-issues! There are some I'd love to have a few more of such as a whole Angel Birds display team for example! More cannon fodders to make up squadron numbers and a keepers set of Max & Milia, or even a SDF-1!

I don't hold out too much hope for this and the fact I can't function in everyday life too well with my fingers crossed continually..

A Bandai DX VF-1 toy would be interesting indeed and im sure it would be relatively easy for Bandai to simply upscale their HM-R VF-1 to 1:60 with improvements and DX build quality or better!

But do I want this to happen considering I already have an extensive collection of Arc & Yam VF-1 toys!? maybe not so.. The general vibe I feel is that the better majority want a DX toy to appear..

I don't mind the odd cross brand variant such as the YF-19 & VF-19 Isamu Valks for example but costs and affordability factors come into play when essentially duplicate lines of the same stuff from different manufactures become available.

I know that might not be the case for some but the greater majority simply cannot invest thousands upon thousands into toy collections simply because a manufacturer decides to flex its muscles and take over the market.

Needless to say If Bandai did release DX VF-1 toys there is no doubt they would be $200 or greater.

an Arcadia v3 VF-1 definitely not! Im absolutely content with the v2 with all their good and (few) bad points..Besides there isn't that much wrong with a v2 that's really spoiling the toy for me personally.

*snip*

Time to update my signature. ;)

So, they're going for the TV bright-white now instead of the old DYRL dirty-white for this DYRL Roy.

Hopefully it don't have the pinkish-hue shenanigans this time...

:5:

:bump:

:touche:

Looks like a straight reissue of their first Focker release.. now with strike parts.

Seems like a great time to reissue standalone parts since they'll already be making them, fingers crossed. Wonder if they'll start weathering also.

Edited by jenius

Without the strike parts but with the stand it was 16,800. Without the stand but with GBP parts it was 23,800. So, I'm guessing these will probably be 20,000 MSRP.

You're probably very close, if not spot on. Time will tell and this is certainly nice to see.

What! Seriously the Roy 1S again? They sure are screwing the people who bought the single release if they don't offer strike parts separately. I guess we're probably never going to see max and mirya reissues, ironically the last two i want to finish my collection.