Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

I'm sorry for those folks dying to get their hands on a tan nosed FB VF-4, a bit of a disappointment I'll grant you.

I'm delighted for me (and many others) though who didn't get one of these first time around.

I'd love to say it was patience paying off that means I might get one at MSRP this time, but in honesty it had more to do with the scary aftermarket prices!

Arcadia may have well figured out the demand for this and priced it accordingly.

For all fan's sake if its not a massive price hike it would be good, however with arcadia's prices nowadays you cant be completely sure.

Their MSRP seem to want to reach aftermarket prices of similar released versions...

Well if I remember correctly that's probably not going to happen as I read somewhere in mwf that the reason yamato had to release the vf-4g is due to big west reluctance to give them the paint scheme permission mainly because in fb2012 the vf-4 is only seen in fighter mode, hence the vf-4g paint scheme from vfx which clearly shows all three modes.

I've said it before just have Arcadia release the the FB2012 VF-4 with a warning that it should NOT be transformed without the written consent of BigWest!

But seriously....BW must be demanding way too much for that license.... :(

New VF-4 is cool I guess, the big obvious question is how much? This being Arcadia, I wouldn't be surprised by a price that nearly rivals the second hand market prices anyway, in which case, I'm not wasting my time. A re-release should be more affordable then second hand prices, I know this is speculation, but based on how much they've been charging for their other valks, I'm not expecting much.

Edited by Tking22

It's a VF-4G with arcadias signature blue nosecose and side thrusters and less, muh less tampo for a higher price!!

Blue is the new black guys!! LOL

If it's a VF-4G I hope its priced similar or slightly higher cause it's not a new mold or retooling.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

So the question is, did Yamato's VF-4G reflect Arcadia's new pricing model when it came out or should we expect the same 33% price hike we've seen on the other reissues (VF-19, VF-1)?

I hope they do something to differentiate from the first release, even if it's only a slight tweak to some colors. I know people said that they couldn't do the FB2012 scheme for lots of reason but I'm pretty sure 99% of those reasons were BS. It's got to be a licensing/legal issue... as in BW doesn't know if they would have to pay money to Tatsunoko for it and it's not worth their hassle to figure it out OR they do know they'd have to pay Tatsunoko and maybe some other company so they wanted a truck ton for the license so everyone would get a cut.

So the question is, did Yamato's VF-4G reflect Arcadia's new pricing model when it came out or should we expect the same 33% price hike we've seen on the other reissues (VF-19, VF-1)?

I hope they do something to differentiate from the first release, even if it's only a slight tweak to some colors. I know people said that they couldn't do the FB2012 scheme for lots of reason but I'm pretty sure 99% of those reasons were BS. It's got to be a licensing/legal issue... as in BW doesn't know if they would have to pay money to Tatsunoko for it and it's not worth their hassle to figure it out OR they do know they'd have to pay Tatsunoko and maybe some other company so they wanted a truck ton for the license so everyone would get a cut.

The last releases from Yamato where quite expensive (VF-19/17/4G) so I think that the price hike won't be that much compared to the YF-19 and the M0 Valkyries especially since the molds for the VF-4 already exists. Of course we can't be sure that the image really shows a perfect transformation 1/60th scale VF-4. :)

I've said it before just have Arcadia release the the FB2012 VF-4 with a warning that it should NOT be transformed without the written consent of BigWest!

But seriously....BW must be demanding way too much for that license.... :(

It's irony that Big West and the guys can't release the Macross products over international waters due to Harmony Gold's involvement when in fact even within themselves they can't approve any license due to the fact that the Valk didn't transform in that 5, 10, 20 seconds flying routine. Shame. :wacko: For sure, they know themselves that once they approved the Flashback 2012 coloring, it will be an instant hit to the fans.

I will always expect a higher price mark now from every Arcadia releases. The only Valk I can think of comparing prices between Yamato initial price and Arcadia initial price is the recent released VF-1J/GBP. Yamato release it for Y16800. Arcadia for Y23800. That's 40+ish% of increase. I don't know how much VF-4G were released that time, but I'll assume that it's going to be around Y40000+, reissue or recolored, just to go head to head with the second market prices. They know for sure that people are buying this above Y50000, and that is already their base point. Just saying. ;)

Arcadia may have well figured out the demand for this and priced it accordingly.

For all fan's sake if its not a massive price hike it would be good, however with arcadia's prices nowadays you cant be completely sure.

Their MSRP seem to want to reach aftermarket prices of similar released versions...

True but hopefully more palatable than the aftermarket has gotten.

I don't think Tatsunoko has anything to do with it. AFAIK they don't pay Tatsunoko a dime for VF-1 molds, because Tatsunoko was only contracted to do the animation. And even if they did, the case of FB2012 is actually infamously different, because even though technically they used Tatsunoko animation in that OVA, they never got a credit, so FB2012 has always been a major point of contention. If you think about it, Tatsunoko could have sued BW back then in 1987. They waited until much later, though.

With regards to the toy itself, I welcome it.... provided it's not too far out of my price range. The original VF-4 came out at the same time as the VF-19P so I had to make a choice and the VF-4 lost out. While I never regretted my choice, I was always hoping for another chance at the VF-4, and now I might have one, so I'm happy. :)

It's possible Tatsunoko's right to a cut of the SDF Macross merchandising has expired (though it seems odd the domestic rights would expire while the sole international rights would go on in perpetuity) but I think the whole 'major point of contention' likely says enough as to why there is no officially licensed FB2012 items. It doesn't have anything to do with the VF-4 transforming.

It really wasn't "exclusive" though. It was marketed online, and went through a few pre-order windows when they realized what the demand was like for it. It amounted more to a made-to-order type of product that was manufactured specifically to meet the demand.

Personally I wish Yamato had used that method all along for some of the more expensive items, since I think it would have saved them a lot of trouble in the long run.

If this does turn out to be a VF-4 in 2012 markings, I will be extremely happy though, and will probably grab one at whatever price they set it at. My lack of interest in getting the VF-0A helps that a bit though, I admit. :p

I would thk to justify any new selling price, there has to be some differentiation be it in die-cast or even mold. Hopefully 'if' its the 4G it would come out sleeker(Is that even possible?) Its entirely feasible that not disrupting aftermarket prices of the Yammies, would also help them maintain their price points other than the obvious 'costly to make' argument.

However this is really stretching the market demand. I myself am not sure i can keep up with all of arcadia's releases, they seem to be getting more frequent?

This would affect the demand 0 CF's...0S not so much as it tied to armor...but if the pull for 4G is great then maybe both armor and 0S maybe less in demand..

C'mon arcadia at least give us more bang for the buck instead of a recolor/remold thingy....

I might even grab one if it's the same gray markings, and just customize it. I'm always afraid to do anything like that because of the potential to muck up the customization.

If we don't get the FB12 scheme variant then customizing is the only next option.. for me though that idea is a little frightening due to the cost of the thing to begin with and as you mentioned the potential to stuff it up.

Myself I don't posses the skill or patience so that is not an option for me unless I commission someone else with the skill & talent to do it for me!

Edited by spanner76

for me its plain and simple..

FB12 markings = YES

Original release colors = NO

Question is then when will they release it? Has there been any mention of that? My guess still is 2nd quarter 2016 after VF-0S & RA parts..

No mention yet, but leaking the info before the 0s/RA/CF's are out would likely mean a stack of 4 arcadia's within prob within a 6 - 8 mth period. And with Delta launching soon, there may be added bandai chogokin releases...wooofff..get ready your budgeting powers!!

I might even grab one if it's the same gray markings, and just customize it. I'm always afraid to do anything like that because of the potential to muck up the customization.

Perhaps the older versions may drop in price for the adventurous customiser!

I think ..like the last two years..this maybe de schedule.

February 2016 (like VF-0D) Reactive armor

May 2016 (like VF-1J Armored) VF-0A CF

August 2016 (like VF-0A Shin) VF-4?

December 2016 (like VF-0S) "Insert your wish here".

Not a official info...but that what I think.

I'd like another VF-4, but I'm not going to be too interested if it's going to be the same as before. You'd think that they'd work on getting the license to make the Hikaru version from FB2012. While they will do well selling this if it's the same (a guess), there is revenue lost in not doing something different.

Even if they offered both variants!? Receive revenue from both! And the fans win too! But I'd imagine those who would have picked up the original color variant anyways would then opt for the FB version instead if it were also made available. That's what I would do..

There would still be plenty of people who would still want to get the original that missed out the first time but these things aren't going to be cheap or at least anywhere near the price they originally sold for so not many will be able to afford to buy both..

Im predicting min 36k to 42k max. Doubt it will be more but I'll be very surprised if its less!

This pic in on Arcadia's twitter Right now.

You sure it's Arcadia's? I spot Vaseline and only know of one person that has that :p j/k though he does have nice pics.

I'm down for a least 2 as I missed it the last time. I'm guessing 35000yen after discounts.