Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

MAXL, pretty please, with sound boosters.

With all the Mac7 valks they did, I don't know why they never did the MAXL.

Wasn't Mylene the most popular character?

Im still very unsure about a feminised (with boobs) Valkyrie.. I think that was taking the characters custom Valkyrie concept a bit too far.

Even though the MAXL has strong relevance to the series I'd happily see something else made instead.

Seeing how the reactive armor for the VF-0A/S is the next flag ship for Arcadia, I am more interested in what re-issues of the VF-1 line they will come out with it to keep us interested. Arcadia needs more than one valk a year. The VF-1A w/GBP armor was a a nice treat. Would be awesome to throw in an M&M or VT-1 Arcadia for 2016 just to limp me along until the reactive armor release....please Arcadia.

Seeing how the reactive armor for the VF-0A/S is the next flag ship for Arcadia, I am more interested in what re-issues of the VF-1 line they will come out with it to keep us interested. Arcadia needs more than one valk a year. The VF-1A w/GBP armor was a a nice treat. Would be awesome to throw in an M&M or VT-1 Arcadia for 2016 just to limp me along until the reactive armor release....please Arcadia.

Or even the VF-4G atleast. Right, Plasticgoose? ;)

according to me could be something like this

I want that too. ;) Edited by no3ljm

Yeah, that had to be about the silliest implementation of a bolt-on we've seen yet. It definitely seems like the kind of thing you'd only get away with in Macross7. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy them... but I would say I'm okay with them not making them.

The rumor last year was that all Arcadia licenses were reverting back to BW this year as part of the BW build-up to Macross Delta. As of the moment there's no telling which licenses they hold any more... with the obvious exception of Macross Zero. It would make sense for them to try to get the 7 license again with all the variants they can do and the existing molds they have. It also gives them a chance for brand new molds. So I love the idea of a VF-11C with armor... especially if the 11C were redone a bit to have better range of movement and a more user friendly canopy cover.

Does that mean Bandai is not far behind for the taking for all licenses? I'm curious to see a DX VF-1's in the future. ;)

But to be honest, I really still wish Arcadia will get license back soon. Because even they still have flaws and their releases is still not as perfect, I still prefer theirs than Bandai's. Hoping that they could get the FB2012 license too.

FB2012 would be the best thing ever, I heard rumors it was hard to get that license but can't remember the details.. Did it have something to do with making a toy transformable that was not seen in any other mode than fighter or something weird like that?

Edited by Loop

Does that mean Bandai is not far behind for the taking for all licenses? I'm curious to see a DX VF-1's in the future. ;)

But to be honest, I really still wish Arcadia will get license back soon. Because even they still have flaws and their releases is still not as perfect, I still prefer theirs than Bandai's. Hoping that they could get the FB2012 license too.

I worded that really poorly, Bandai's licenses would have similarly reverted back to BW. BW would then put all licenses back up for bid, however that process works. Any company at that point could then bid for a license so Arcadia could theoretically be unchanged at the end of the process if Bandai didn't try to spend more on the licenses Yamato used to have. I tend to assume Bandai will gobble up the licenses and start releasing DX toys but Bandai might be perfectly content to focus on the Macross Delta license leaving Arcadia with a wide range of potential projects to focus on.

FB2012 would be the best thing ever, I heard rumors it was hard to get that license but can't remember the details.. Did it have something to do with making a toy transformable that was not seen in any other mode than fighter or something weird like that?

That was definitely part of the discussion but I don't know how official that discussion was. My guess is that the rights are a bit of a puzzle with Flashback so nobody feels comfortable licensing those rights.

Edited by jenius

For that very reason, there's a good chance that the licenses will work out just like they were before. Obviously Arcadia will want the licenses that go with the molds they have so they'll try to buy them and Bandai won't have modern molds for those licenses so they'll probably pass.

That was definitely part of the discussion but I don't know how official that discussion was. My guess is that the rights are a bit of a puzzle with Flashback so nobody feels comfortable licensing those rights.

Oh. I didn't know about this. Curious. So the lineart we see of the VF-4G Battroid were not done by Kawamori? Or were not done prior of the figure release either the resin or the one from Yamato? Sorry for the questions. I'm in the dark regarding the VF-4G. All I know is it looks awesome in FB2012. ;)

For that very reason, there's a good chance that the licenses will work out just like they were before. Obviously Arcadia will want the licenses that go with the molds they have so they'll try to buy them and Bandai won't have modern molds for those licenses so they'll probably pass.

I dunno. I think Bandai wants most of them. At least the VF-1.

Oh. I didn't know about this. Curious. So the lineart we see of the VF-4G Battroid were not done by Kawamori? Or were not done prior of the figure release either the resin or the one from Yamato? Sorry for the questions. I'm in the dark regarding the VF-4G. All I know is it looks awesome in FB2012. ;)

Hopefully someone who knows that situation better can give a more authoritative answer. My understanding is that at the time of FB2012 Kawamori hadn't finalized the modes beyond fighter for the VF-4. He did later finish the modes and they were published in books on his works. I think there's even a 'first draft' line art followed up later by the final 'this is how it should be'. It's definitely entirely his design, it just wasn't 100% done when DYRL was finished. Again, that's just my understanding and may be flawed.

As for FB2012, there were several companies involved in financing that project and that's why I think the answer might be that no one is 100% certain who ought to receive revenue from licensing there. Just a guess though. It might have been one of those things where everyone made sure to know who had the DYRL rights but then the question of "who has rights to the unpublished stuff that may later get released as an add-on" was squishy? Alternatively, maybe BW knows they have the rights but wants a lot of money for them and since the only thing that'd get you is one VF-4 paint scheme it's not worth getting for a toy manufacturer.

The aswer for this thread question is quite easy: If Arcadia really wants to sell quickly and cause a real pre-order madness, they only have to reissue the VF-1D Hikaru & Minmay. it is guaranteed... That´s it.

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

I dunno. I think Bandai wants most of them. At least the VF-1.

I really, really want to see what Bandai would come up with doing a DX VF-1. Sadly, I don't think Arcadia is going to do a V3 1/60. Don't get me wrong, I like the V2, but nowadays, it's starting to look dated to me compared to everything that's come out in the last year or so. There's lots of room for improvement. I think the 1/48 still has the best looking fighter mode, the low hanging shoulders were the only thing that killed it, IMO.

Edited by Kyp Durron

I really, really want to see what Bandai would come up with doing a DX VF-1. Sadly, I don't think Arcadia is going to do a V3 1/60. Don't get me wrong, I like the V2, but nowadays, it's starting to look dated to me compared to everything that's come out in the last year or so. There's lots of room for improvement. I think the 1/48 still has the best looking fighter mode, the low hanging shoulders were the only thing that killed it, IMO.

Are you referring to how the arms would easily fall out of place in fighter mode? If so I agree with and the back pack was apparently pretty fragile. I did not have a problem with my back packs but some users broke it.

No, I was referring to the shoulders and arms being lower than the leg engines in fighter mode, it was the only real flaw that I saw. The V2 solved that issue, but at the cost of making the upper intake section of the legs thicker to help hide the arms and shoulders when seen from the side. In terms i side view line art accuracy overall, I still say the 1/48 was better.

The only V2 I own is a DYRL Roy VF-1S, and that's going to be the only VF-1 I ever own, until either Arcadia comes up with an improved V3, or Bandai does a DX version. Shin's VF-0A will be my VF-1 fix (Yes, I know it's a VF-0, but I think the design looks better than the VF-1 series) until then.

Edited by Kyp Durron

The shoulder issue I could not do anything about, but the arms actually have minor slots to hold to the leg. If you are nice about it you can get them slotted in and push the legs lightly together for them to hold. Once I had them held I placed it on the shelf and left it alone lol. I still think the Stealth with stealth Super/Strike parts is one of my favorites.

Edited by Loop

Or even the VF-4G atleast. Right, Plasticgoose? ;)

I want that too. ;)

I would like to see a VF-4G again. If the licenses are going back to BW for bidding wars, I really hope Arcadia can get the licencing for all the Yamato products it had. If for whatever reason Bandai in the future makes a VF-1 DX line I will probably pass. Honeslty I only buy the Bandai valks because of the Frontier license. I personally like the construction of Yamato/Arcadia Valks more and if they made frontier valks I would buy their line over Bandai; they appear to be more model quality and not toy quality. I also like the fact that they are a matte finish and not glossy (I think this was pointed out earlier). Still we need some VF-1s to keep our interest and wallets empty. I also bring this up everytime, but what is the next x+5 yr anniversary of any of the Macross Series? I know we just had a 30 year back in 2012, but if I know anything about Japanese marketing, you can expect something from the series if it is approaching some 5 year mark. So mayby in 2 more years we can have a Flashback 2012, Flashback anniversary VF-4G! If DYRL if having something, maybe a VT-1 and M&M. I would almost a entire year without an Arcadia new mold valk if it meant I could get Hard to Find VF-1 re-issues in that same year.

Also, because I did not see a new forum for this, did anyone hear, see, snag a set of the YF-19 Frontier T-Rex super parts at Wonderfest? If not I definitly want Arcadia to start making these. Also bundle it with a fold booster too, just to take more of my money, and the advance arm weaponary (not sure what it was called but it was in M+).

Also, because I did not see a new forum for this, did anyone hear, see, snag a set of the YF-19 Frontier T-Rex super parts at Wonderfest? If not I definitly want Arcadia to start making these. Also bundle it with a fold booster too, just to take more of my money, and the advance arm weaponary (not sure what it was called but it was in M+).

Can't remember who snag the set, but here's the thread for it: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41311

Can't remember who snag the set, but here's the thread for it: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41311

Thanks. I saw the 2014 forum but thought there would be a 2015 dedicated forum. I went to the 2014 Wonderfest in Japan and talked to the T-Rex rep. Looks like it was the same story as then; only 40 units total. Could not make it this year.

As others have said, I would like to see a v2 of the 21/22 mold. As awesome as they are, and I have all of them, I really think they would benefit from a second go. If Bandai somehow gets there first under the Macross 30 license, or something I'll be just as happy.

BNUEEadh.jpg

Belly could be thicker without sacrificing too much of the fighter sleekness. If the leg gap filling mechanism in Bandai's VF-19 is any indication of possibilities, I think either company can come up with something to help keep the legs thick.