Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

not sure if jenius is referring to the Yamato minmay dolls....if so, these are it...

Minmay01.jpgVMF50_Lynn_minmei1_50cm_dec2008_yam.jpg

[sze=3]They kinda look nice. :D Wish it has more in line with Medicom RAH so it has a beautiful 'anime' face. ;)[/size]

If you think the Yamato versions are creepy...check out the Frontier Volks dolfies...

RankaSherylDDHeader.jpg

Yup, a little creepy. :D

If only they could release their event-exclusive mini SDF-1

If only too they could release the 1/2000 or 1/3000 SDF-1 and more affordable. ;)

If only too they could release the 1/2000 or 1/3000 SDF-1 and more affordable. ;)

I was thinking more of a pocket-breather release, in between major releases. An unassembled, mass-produced and cheap kit would fit the bill.

But knowing Arcadia, they'll prolly come up with some weird releases that not many wants to buy, like their the 30th anny, M7 guitars & human-sized GU-11 gunpod.

Sigh...

I do think Arcadia needs to step up their game, as in my opinion they have now been surpassed by Bandai.

6-7 years ago when Bandai started with the first generation of Frontier toys, they were obviously so far behind Yamato and had to do a lot of catching up.

However, I do think with Bandai's recent releases such as the YF-30 and VF-19 Advance, Bandai has now surpassed Arcadia in terms of design and quality.

Of course both Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai have had their share of disasters and neither company is perfect, but I personally feel that Bandai is now leading the way.

I do think Arcadia needs to step up their game, as in my opinion they have now been surpassed by Bandai.

6-7 years ago when Bandai started with the first generation of Frontier toys, they were obviously so far behind Yamato and had to do a lot of catching up.

However, I do think with Bandai's recent releases such as the YF-30 and VF-19 Advance, Bandai has now surpassed Arcadia in terms of design and quality.

Of course both Yamato/Arcadia and Bandai have had their share of disasters and neither company is perfect, but I personally feel that Bandai is now leading the way.

Graham, are you still in contact with Arcadia's management like you used to? Wonder how they are doing financially. As an oustider, I get the impression that they are still struggling. Hope I am wrong though

Sorry, I have zero contact and no relationship with Arcadia. About 12+ months ago the last of the 3 close contacts that I used to have at Yamato told me they have no more contact with Arcadia. They have all moved on to other jobs.

So, I know nobody at Arcadia. I have no idea what their plans are. I have no contact with them.

Graham

I think that Arcadia is more or less limited at this time.

Bandai has the capital and probably connections to secure licenses for the newer or upcoming shows, so naturally they get first dibs on all the figures that are currently promoted, be it by videogames or a TV show/movies.

Arcadia, on the other hand, appears to be limited to past shows. As Macross is a niche market anyway, they have covered all the A-listers and some B-listers already.

VF1---Done, in most variations

YF19--Done and re-done

VF19Kai---done

YF21---Already done

VF17--Done

VF4---Done

SV51--Done

VF0--Done and re-done

VF22--Done

So really, what is next, besides going back and re-doing some figures? Sure they can re-do a very expensive YF21 and SV51, but then they will be at the same spot again. What other fighter can generate decent sales?

VF-1D

VT-1

VE-1

Listed in the order of importance (hi to lo). If priced sub $200, or better yet $150-ish.

Not a fan of the M&M's tho..

Best bet these are going to be the next VF-1 to come out of Arcadia.. I don't see them re-issuing Max & Millia any time soon.. But if they do prove me wrong I'll happily meet up with who said otherwise and buy them a beer!

I find the VF-1 toy to be somewhat outdated nowadays, articualtion is just to poor for being one of the simplistic VFs.

If they truly wanted to do something new, they would tackle the VF-5000. It is missing from the M7 line-up and there are enough variants to produce.

Also it is similar to a VF-1 and they can in bring all new ideas (please no t-bar) for transformation and articualtion.

And this would then be the basis for an all new VF-1 toy, that they can milk.

Edited by lechuck

So really, what is next, besides going back and re-doing some figures? Sure they can re-do a very expensive YF21 and SV51, but then they will be at the same spot again. What other fighter can generate decent sales?

VF-9

vf-9-blue-fighter.gif

VF-14 M+

vf-14-m7plus-fighter.gif

Fz-109's

fz-109f-fighter.gif

VF-14 M3

vf-14-m3blue-fighter.gif

Complete Sound Force....

vf-11maxlcustom-boosteropen-battroid_smavf-17tcustom-booster-battroid_small.gif

VF-5000 D7

vf-5000g-fighter.gif

VA-3C D7

va-3c-battroid.gif

Sick of valks? How about....

TV SDF-1....

macross-cruiser.png

Battle 7???

battle7-attack.png

Any one of these would "sell well" based on Arcadia's new low production/high MSRP..."build to order" business strategy.....

Love them all esp the vf14...how about destroids ...was there ever a phalanx 1/60 toy? Ooishi....

There were plans from Yamato that seemingly have been abandoned.....

3345561023_ee3be80edb.jpg

But hopefully soon one of our own can bring it to reality....

PLASTIC_CRETINS_phalanx_conversion_kit_1

Edited by jvmacross

If Arcadia could just figure out these color and paint problems they seem to be having I think that would go a long way.

I hope the rest of this new VF-0 line will be solid.

I'm of the opinion that Arcadia and Bandai are in a stalemate and Bandai hasn't really surpassed Arcadia/Yamato yet. They've both done some things better than the other and some things worse, I think.

You know you'd break down and get it anyway! :p (Battle 7?)

I'm all about Battle 7, it's the M3 version of the 14 that I don't like. At least the Cutlas I like in fighter mode, I can't say I like any mode of the M3 14 however.