Whats next for Arcadia?

w8kbrder

hehe! ok will do mate! ^_^

I just hope that the foreseeable future is fairly distantly away from now! :rolleyes:

I hope so. Coz I don't want to start all over again with the Version Ups. :unsure:

Unless Bandai decides to release a DX VF-1's... Now that's a different story. :lol:

yes! if Bandai on the other hand decides to have a go at a VF-1 then depending on the end result I would start a new collection!

It would have to be miles better than their 1/100 scale efforts that's for sure.. They just couldn't base a 1/60 toy design on that and get away with it.

It would have to use tech from the latest DX range at the very least.

There are some minor things Arcadia could improve on the v2 VF-1 but personally I don't think it could justify another v2.? release and they would be wasting their time and money doing so. I doubt people would be rushing out to buy them just for minor tweaks. If they ever do a complete redesign and make the VF-1 even more friggin awesome than it is now then by all means go for it and I will buy them but for now I just don't think its necessary.

What the heck is Arcadia up to?! :blink::D

From Mr. K's Twitter...

attachicon.gifMrk_arcadia_2015-Jun-26.jpg

someone tell mr. k. " no, just no"

i bet it'd sell well for macross collectors in like the UAE (isn't that where fully chromed cars is the crap?) though.

get some super parts and or super strike parts out already! oh and some different colored gbp armors would be sweet.

It's about flippin' time! :p

Arcadia, please come out with the all golden valk too! And pack them in battroid mode with old-school style packaging...just like they did with the recent Orguss!

Instabuys! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_923225.jpg

Oh and after they are released I can go ahead and submit the following in the "What's next for Arcadia" thread:

Bankruptcy!

;)

Edited by jvmacross

Maybe he is being coy and hinting at a hi-metal type release? VF-1 with diecast?

i do think the mold could benefit from some diecast and chrome bits not i have no need for a chromed everywhere valk. i could see maybe diecast feet covered in black chrome. maybe going to metal for some of the "hardware" like the famous shoulders that love to crack on the older releases. maybe black chrome the antennae or some other bits ...i dunno maybe a special version or something.

Thanks!

Yeah...for some reason the accessories are hard to come by....they made quite a few sets but now all are very difficult to find.....

I made a post of what's available in this post: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41631&p=1187052

I am not sure, but I think the toy company called HHow Toys is probably tied to HobbyMaster.....they are the only ones making the flight deck tow trucks and fire trucks right now.....unless you go and buy some kits and paint them yourself....

Also, I think the pre-painted accessories are direct copies of the Hasegawa stuff....so maybe HobbyMaster got called on it and thus stopped releasing them under the "HobbyMaster" name....

One more thing...they are 1/72 scale...but they scale very well with the 1/60 Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia valks....

Happy Hunting! :)

The chrome VF-1 will sell about as well a the 30th Anniversary NASCAR version which is still available. M&M are no brainers for Arcadia. The only thing I see prolonging the release is the strike parts. They will either release the strike part sets seperatly to indicate they can produce strike parts, followed by bundles M&Ms just to keep us in more wait. Or they release M&M with the strike parts out the gate like they did with VF-1 w/Armor (Honestly was not expecting that release). Either way, I do not understand the logic in elapsed time to release these older valks over others that have already been mass produced. Heck there are so many hero valks they have become the new CF valks. Yamato released Hikaru and Roy valks before they were bought out and Arcadia just pumped out more of the same thing. I am pretty sure Yamato, if it did not go under, had the VT-1 next in line because the mold was the same as the VE-1 they ended. And of all the valks the M&M and VT-1 had shoulder issues so a reissue is must. Unless Arcadia is reversing the order of release from Yamato that would mean VF-1Ds are next!

The chrome VF-1 will sell about as well a the 30th Anniversary NASCAR version which is still available. M&M are no brainers for Arcadia. The only thing I see prolonging the release is the strike parts. They will either release the strike part sets seperatly to indicate they can produce strike parts, followed by bundles M&Ms just to keep us in more wait. Or they release M&M with the strike parts out the gate like they did with VF-1 w/Armor (Honestly was not expecting that release). Either way, I do not understand the logic in elapsed time to release these older valks over others that have already been mass produced. Heck there are so many hero valks they have become the new CF valks. Yamato released Hikaru and Roy valks before they were bought out and Arcadia just pumped out more of the same thing. I am pretty sure Yamato, if it did not go under, had the VT-1 next in line because the mold was the same as the VE-1 they ended. And of all the valks the M&M and VT-1 had shoulder issues so a reissue is must. Unless Arcadia is reversing the order of release from Yamato that would mean VF-1Ds are next!

You are right....it'll be Max and Milia VF-1J Supers next......but they will be Red and Blue chrome editions!!!!

the hint below means Super VF-1J Max and Milia but with alternate finishes......the recent chrome VF pic completes the tease of what's coming next! :p

gallery_12176_633_110769.jpg

Or what if it is just a whole line of chrome VFs? Worked well for Toynami right? Right?!?!

$_1.JPGChromeMorpherBlue-Front.jpgChromeMorpherRed-Front.jpgChromeMorpherSilver-Front.jpg

It might be a special for the WonderFest. I'ts in two weeks or so. They always do ugly overexpensive things for WondeFest

I'm inclined to think the same. After looking at Mr. K's twitter feed through the machine translator, he seems to confirm that it is not part of Arcadia's retail line-up.

eh!? what is that....???? a chrome plated VF-1.. really!? It looks pretty tacky and not to mention completely horrible. Big pass on this one what ever its meant to be..

This is what I call a 'Wallet-Breather' release periods. :lol:

It's about flippin' time! :p

Arcadia, please come out with the all golden valk too! And pack them in battroid mode with old-school style packaging...just like they did with the recent Orguss!

Instabuys! :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_923225.jpg

Oh and after they are released I can go ahead and submit the following in the "What's next for Arcadia" thread:

Bankruptcy!

;)

Nostalgia. :wub:

Here's you v.3 right here...

11665697_10152885006516296_1843121615859

We will be opening up a body parts dealing forum in the for sale section in anticipation.

Where's the FPs??? (had to add a complaint in there somehow...)

Cool! I guess, it's the same one that I posted a few pages ago. Now it's all painted. :wub:

post-5552-0-15327300-1434789796_thumb.jpg

Guess they went all out on that 1/6 (1/8?) cockpit diorama mentioned long ago.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/farewell-yamato-hello-arcadia-of-my-youth/

Did they officially release any 1/6 or 1/8 figures before? Besides those cancelled PopBox.

Thanks Jenius. So no pilot dolls, right? Do you remember this is when? And is there like a picture floating on the web for Minmay? Thanks! ;)

not sure if jenius is referring to the Yamato minmay dolls....if so, these are it...

Minmay01.jpgVMF50_Lynn_minmei1_50cm_dec2008_yam.jpg

There were also some older Minmay dolls released by yellow submarine years ago.....1/6 scale I think

minmay.jpgminmay2.jpg

then there were the Ohsato minmay dolls from back in the day......

minmeidoll_ad.jpg

just a correction the M&M valks had no shoulder issues. see jenius/ anymoon's list

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Arcadia-VF-1J-30th-12.jpg

if this didn't look so creepy possessed by evil entity horror movie doll then I'd probably actually have one.. but as it is it just looks positively creepy!

If you think the Yamato versions are creepy...check out the Frontier Volks dolfies...

RankaSherylDDHeader.jpg

Edited by jvmacross