By Crom! The Oak himself, Arnold Schwarzenegger, will return as the legendary Cimmerian warrior in The Legend of Conan. According to producer/co-writer Chris Morgan (Fast & Furious 3-7, 47 Ronin), the new film will not be a reboot, but a direct sequel to Conan the Barbarian (thus making Conan the Destroyer non-canon).

Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Legend of Conan Will Be Brutal Sequel, Bringing Back Some Original Cast

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has my vote. He hasn't done a strange character for a while. Ken Watanabe is a good actor, but he might add too much gravitas.

Time to dust off the ol' Atlantean

DSCN4440.JPG

Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has my vote as well. Watanabe is pretty awesome though - my wife met him once at the shinkansen station in Nagaoka when she was back visiting family, apparently he's a really nice guy and very polite.

Edited by peter

Just my opinion, but just like James Hong will always be remembered as Lo Pan, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa will always remind me of Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. It was the first time I saw him acting in a movie, so the image kind of sticks.

• 11 months later...

Any news on this? Updates? Is it actually happening?

I was watching Terminator Genysis the other day and figure by the time they make this film, they could de-age Arnie and have a CG stand-in for the entire film and it would still look pretty awesome.

Any news on this? Updates? Is it actually happening?

I was watching Terminator Genysis the other day and figure by the time they make this film, they could de-age Arnie and have a CG stand-in for the entire film and it would still look pretty awesome.

Screenplay but no director.

I personally think of Conan was one of the greatest bad movies of all time. The acting is goofy, but the lines are gold if not pure cheese the action scenes are also silly, but great and the music is just epic and amazing, maybe the best thing about the film.

I personally think of Conan was one of the greatest bad movies of all time. The acting is goofy, but the lines are gold if not pure cheese the action scenes are also silly, but great and the music is just epic and amazing, maybe the best thing about the film.

Well this may explain more: