It's a clear example of how corporate grilles don't work on all models. That front end design works on an Impala or a Colorado, but not on a Camaro. In comparison, Ford came up with their chrome bar grille in the mid-2000s, but realized that it wouldn't work with the Mustang. Now every Ford sedan is being redesigned to look like the current Mustang.

Aside from BMW and Mercedes-Benz, the only other car company that got the corporate grille right is Kia with their "tiger nose".

I didn't know it was possible to rice out an American car. Leave it up to General Motors and Michael Bay to figure that one out...

Yep, no more Special Fried Rice from Uncle Hong's Kitchen. It's time for Uncle Ben's Special Blend American rice, lol!

Wonder what Bummble Bee's mouth looks like?

Edited by peter

It's a clear example of how corporate grilles don't work on all models. That front end design works on an Impala or a Colorado, but not on a Camaro. In comparison, Ford came up with their chrome bar grille in the mid-2000s, but realized that it wouldn't work with the Mustang. Now every Ford sedan is being redesigned to look like the current Mustang.

Aside from BMW and Mercedes-Benz, the only other car company that got the corporate grille right is Kia with their "tiger nose".

Not sure if this is what you really mean, but I always thought Dodge actually pulled it off well with the Challenger concept car. They took their standard cross-hairs grille, but squared it off entirely, and buried it in open front end, making it really subtle. The design has changed a couple times since that first year though.

Transformers Episode VI and VII???

:lol:

There has been so much wasted potential with Transformers as a property, especially with the live-action films, but I guess kudos for Hasbro trying to create a "Cinematic Universe".

-b.

• 1 month later...

I for one like my Bumblebee to be a vintage VW bug with the associated pollution you'd expect from that brand of car. And of course, Megatron needs to be a regular gun. They need to perfect shrinking tech, after all if the Allspark can go from the side of a mountain to a size of a large rubriks cube, Megatron can go from a 50 ft robot to a small hand gun

Confirmed Cast:

Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager (reprising role from Age of Extinction)

Isabela Moner (CJ in 100 Things to Do Before High School) as Izabella (because Bay needs another underage girl to exploit)

Josh Duhamel as William Lennox (reprising role from the Trilogy)

Tyrese Gibson as Robert Epps (reprising role from the Trilogy)

Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show, Garf in Neighbors 1-2)

Mitch Pileggi (Skinner in The X-Files, Darby in Sons of Anarchy)

Laura Haddock (Meredith Quill in Guardians of the Galaxy)

Santiago Cabrera (Isaac in Heroes)

Anthony Hopkins (Hitler in The Bunker, Don Diego in The Mask of Zorro)

Confirmed Transformers:

Autobots

Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime (probably the only guy keeping this franchise together)

Bumblebee

Drift (now a Mercedes-AMG GT R)

Crosshairs

Hot Rod

Sqweeks (a Vespa)

Decepticons

Megatron (Wait a minute! Didn't he become Galvatron?)

Barricade (resurrected with no explanation)

Onslaught (a Western Star tow truck)

Why does only Optimus and a few now dead Autobots even slightly resemble their cartoon counterparts? And will Hot Rod be anything like his namesake!?

I ask those questions not really expecting an answer, as it is clear Bay is making these for himself and not for us. One major reason why I am not giving him any more money...

Big FAT meh to the Hot Rod they're planning on putting in this and to the franchise in general. Although I do secretly wish he gets Prime and/or Bumblebee killed, just to see the fan-rage.

And I agree Thom, outside of Optimus Prime there has been little to no effort to make any of the Transformers resemble their legacy namesakes. With Bumblebee the only one, IMHO, that benefited from an updated aesthetic.

But hey...my expectations have been in the toilet for the live action TF movies since Revenge of the Fallen.

-b.

MBAY wants to do two things. a) make you download his movies. Cause paying for anything of his is like eating your hard earned cash, shitting it out and then lighting it on fire

and b) wanting to see what next iteration of a pile of dogsheat he can make and how stupid enough people will pay to see it. Incidentally I think they have the same sort of direction with SS.

Now if they had Optimus prime fly in on his rocket boots in SS and proceed to kill everyone while starscream comes through the Witches portal as a ghost to save the day and then have Optimus Prime turn into a toilet only to have superman come back resurrected as Megatron.

THAT My Internet dweebs will make for an utterly fantastically entertaining movie.

Edited by slaginpit

Big FAT meh to the Hot Rod they're planning on putting in this and to the franchise in general. Although I do secretly wish he gets Prime and/or Bumblebee killed, just to see the fan-rage.

Shia LeDouf already got Prime killed once. People got over it.

Shia LeDouf already got Prime killed once. People got over it.

C'mon JBO, not even remotely the same.

You know that I'm referencing the history of Hot Rod and Prime. If Rodimus gets Convoy killed this time around people are going to go apesh!t. And it's going to be so funny.

-b.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

More terrible sh!t.

They getting him mixed up with Ratchet? Or did Hound and Ratchet merge?

Yeah, I agree, it all looks like $hit. I haven't paid for an MB Transformer film since the first one, and I didn't even bother downloading the last two.

Edited by peter