"The movies, nowadays. That's the trouble. Sequels and remakes, bunch of crap." - Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

Without a doubt, Transformers: Age of Extinction is one of the worst sci-fi films ever produced. Unfortunately, its total earnings of US$1.1 billion means we're getting more Transformers films. However, there will be numerous changes (not including less humans, sadly):

- Michael Bay originally stated he will not return as director, but Paramount threw enough money for him to stay.
- Mark Wahlberg will be reprising his role as the bumbling "inventor" Cade Yeager. No word if Cade's hoochie daughter Tessa (Nicola Peltz) or her Irish boyfriend Shane (Jack Reynor) are returning. I hope not.
- Akiva Goldsman (Batman & Robin, Lost in Space), who was once attached to the live-action Robotech project, is in talks to write the screenplay.
- Hasbro is looking at a 2017 release date.

Mark Wahlberg Just Found a Transformers Sequel
More Transformers Movies: Akiva Goldsman to Ramp Up Spinoffs and Sequels
Hasbro Expects 2017 Transformers Release Date

Edited by areaseven

Still going on with this crap.

As long as the movies keep making boatloads of money and Hasbro can keep selling the toys (which, judging by the amount of toys from the last movie still clogging the peg hooks at my local Walmarts, TRUs, and Targets, they can't, but whatever), they will ride this crap train to Mount Crapmore in search of the El Turdrado, the fabled Lost City of Crap.

As long as the movies keep making boatloads of money and Hasbro can keep selling the toys (which, judging by the amount of toys from the last movie still clogging the peg hooks at my local Walmarts, TRUs, and Targets, they can't, but whatever), they will ride this crap train to Mount Crapmore in search of the El Turdrado, the fabled Lost City of Crap.

:lol: So true. And....so sad.

This series is in dire need of reboot, from the top down. Start with hiring a director who likes Transformers.

I can't understand why. Spielberg is a smart man most of the time.

That and the fact that Bay kept on rejecting Spielberg's offer. Bay was obviously not interested to begin with. Just some badgering and a visit to Hasbro's main office convinced him to pick up the paycheck.

Latest Developments:

- With Bay announcing he was not going to return as director, his apprentice Jonathan Liebesman (the disastrous 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot) was in the running to take his place. However, Paramount wants Bay back in the director's chair.

- Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are heavily rumored to return to the film franchise. Makes sense, as no one else wants to hire them anymore.

Transformers 5: Paramount Studios Doing Its Best to Get Michael Bay on Board, Megan Fox's Return Under Question, and More

Transformers 5 Movie Release Date, Cast Update: Mark Wahlberg, Shia LaBeouf to Reprise Roles

How much did Shia have to pay to be allowed back? I find it hard to believe they would pay him anywhere near what he got for the last one he was in - they KNOW it can make money without him.

Considering that 2017 will mark the 10th anniversary of the first film, it could be that Paramount might be trying to pick up LaBeouf and Fox for nostalgic reasons. Unfortunately, they might also try to get Sam's parents in as well. :angry:

Last time on Transformers: Optimus launches up into space to go f^ck up his creators.

This results in a larger human cast how?

Unfortunately, that could go either way. They could focus on Optimus hunting for the creaters or whatever, or they could put that in the background and focus on Marky Mark and Shia, with Bumblebee-otch returning to his former role as a human house-pet.

Edited by GU-11

Latest Developments:

- With Bay announcing he was not going to return as director, his apprentice Jonathan Liebesman (the disastrous 2014 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot) was in the running to take his place. However, Paramount wants Bay back in the director's chair.

- Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox are heavily rumored to return to the film franchise. Makes sense, as no one else wants to hire them anymore.

I heard Bangbros and possibly Red Light District Films would like to hire Megan Fox...

Unfortunately, that could go either way. They could focus on Optimus hunting for the creaters or whatever, or they could put that in the background and focus on Marky Mark and Shia, with Bumblebee-otch returning to his former role as a human house-pet.

If I don't get Crazimus Prime headhunting quintessons, I will be deeply disappointed.

I mean, more disappointed than I usually am with this subfranchise.

Eh the past few TF films I went in with the same expectations and brain setting i would have for a spongebob film and came out reasonably satisfied.

Well actually a spongebob film would have better and more witty script. OK scratch that bit then.

Eh the past few TF films I went in with the same expectations and brain setting i would have for a spongebob film and came out reasonably satisfied.

Well actually a spongebob film would have better and more witty script. OK scratch that bit then.

I was just about to go all Plankton on ya...

Yeah....I just saw Spongebob a few weeks ago (my 3YO daughter's first theater experience) and the writing, pacing, pretty much everything was vastly superior to any of the TF movies. I'd say it was a more intelligent and less jeuvenile film than any of them, too.

Anyway, I’ve just learned to live with these movies since they obviously aren’t going away. People just seem to really like them and want more. I’m convinced Bay could take 25% of each film so far, mix them together and release it as Transformers 5 and people would still love it. It would probably be the best selling movie of all time. I have that little faith in the movie-going public these days. :lol:

Yeah....I just saw Spongebob a few weeks ago (my 3YO daughter's first theater experience) and the writing, pacing, pretty much everything was vastly superior to any of the TF movies. I'd say it was a more intelligent and less jeuvenile film than any of them, too.

Anyway, I’ve just learned to live with these movies since they obviously aren’t going away. People just seem to really like them and want more. I’m convinced Bay could take 25% of each film so far, mix them together and release it as Transformers 5 and people would still love it. It would probably be the best selling movie of all time. I have that little faith in the movie-going public these days. :lol:

Isn't that the third movie? 50% of the first one and 50% of the second movie?

I can't believe I watched the entire first movie. Skipped the second when people said it was worse, and skipped the third when people said it was as good as the first (like that was some kind of positive mind you).

Plenty of other options out there - mostly on TV

If I don't get Crazimus Prime headhunting quintessons, I will be deeply disappointed.

I mean, more disappointed than I usually am with this subfranchise.

You and me both, but the sh!tpool that is ROTF is so deep that any TF movie after it seems like a shallow puddle.

Edited by GU-11

You and me both, but the sh!tpool that is ROTF is so deep that any TF movie after it seems like a shallow puddle.

I don't know. I used to think AOE was better than ROTF, but in the end, it comes off as worse. Here's my comparison of the two films:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

+ Better toy line than the first film, with the best transforming movie Optimus Prime (Leader Class) in the entire series.

- Non-existent plot direction.

- Racist stereotypes.

- Inane fart jokes.

- More of Sam's parents.

- Devastator's balls.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

+ No more Sam Witwicky and his parents.

- Non-existent character development.

- Way too much emphasis on why a 20-something guy dating a 17-year-old girl is legal.

- Way too long of a running time for something that goes nowhere.

- Way too many product placements, especially with the addition of Chinese products.

- Chinese propaganda film in disguise.

- Worst toy line in the series. The only saving grace is the Voyager Class Optimus Prime Evasion Mode.

I don't know. I used to think AOE was better than ROTF, but in the end, it comes off as worse. Here's my comparison of the two films:

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

+ Better toy line than the first film, with the best transforming movie Optimus Prime (Leader Class) in the entire series.

- Racist stereotypes.

- Inane fart jokes.

- More of Sam's parents.

- Devastator's balls.

Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)

+ No more Sam Witwicky and his parents.

- Non-existent character development.

- Way too much emphasis on why a 20-something guy dating a 17-year-old girl is legal.

- Way too long of a running time for something that goes nowhere.

- Way too many product placements, especially with the addition of Chinese products.

- Chinese propaganda film in disguise.

- Worst toy line in the series. The only saving grace is the Voyager Class Optimus Prime Evasion Mode.

Can't argue with your points. ROTF did give us a perfect or near perfect leader class movie Prime, and that's almost enough to make up for the movie's very existence. AOE, on the other hand...first ever toyline where I didn't pick up a single TF--except High Octane BB, but I'm kind of regretting it already.

BTW, Chinese propaganda? Didn't really notice it, honestly.

BTW, Chinese propaganda? Didn't really notice it, honestly.

It's highly subjective, but there are points in this film that shove China down our throats. The fact that China co-financed this film is the only concrete reason why the third act takes place in China and Hong Kong. I'll let this Honest Trailer explain it further.

Especially since they use the big complicated explanation instead of just "Dude. Age of consent is 16 here. Now suck me Lucky Charms!"

The question I have is why was this crap even in the film in the first place? What purpose did it serve?

With Michael Bay, nothing makes sense, and there's no point in getting an answer from Bay himself. For example, in the commentary track of the DVD release of Armageddon, Ben Affleck said he asked Michael Bay what the whole point was about training oil drillers to become astronauts instead of the other way around. Bay simply told him to STFU.

I could make a guess or two, but the best explanation is probably to make teenagers feel superior to the nominal parental figure. Those kids sure showed him! Did what they wanted, flaunted his rules, then threw higher rules in his face to shut him down YEAH!

It's highly subjective, but there are points in this film that shove China down our throats. The fact that China co-financed this film is the only concrete reason why the third act takes place in China and Hong Kong. I'll let this Honest Trailer explain it further.

Wow. I see your point now.

The question I have is why was this crap even in the film in the first place? What purpose did it serve?

Because Michael Bay. Yes, the guy who, in the first TF movie, wasted almost a whole day filming a 5-second scene where the Camaro goes on 2 wheels along a tunnel...on a whim.

Because Michael Bay. Yes, the guy who, in the first TF movie, wasted almost a whole day filming a 5-second scene where the Camaro goes on 2 wheels along a tunnel...on a whim.

Oh yeah? How about when Bay intentionally wrecked a Mercedes-Benz ML-Class SUV for a scene of himself hanging for his dear life, only to just delete the scene altogether? The only remnant of that scene is where Megatron grabs and flings the SUV while chasing after Sam.

Oh yeah? How about when Bay intentionally wrecked a Mercedes-Benz ML-Class SUV for a scene of himself hanging for his dear life, only to just delete the scene altogether? The only remnant of that scene is where Megatron grabs and flings the SUV while chasing after Sam.

...which is the same point I'm trying to make--that the guy's d-bag who likes doing random sh!t for the giggles because he thinks he's above directing a "silly toy movie." While I sort of know where he's coming from, that's a very unprofessional work ethic.