Title does suck.

But honestly, name one truly bad movie out of Phase 1 or 2. Can't do it. Even the ones people consider lackluster like Thor, Iron Man 2 and/or 3 or "whatever" your choice, weren't bad comic movies, they just weren't as good as some of their counterparts.

I have no anxiety at all about this being an amazing (ha) Spider-Man movie.

-b.

Is movie going to be all teen angst and Spidey having the courage to finally ask MJ out to the Prom!!!

Peter will be in high school according to Holland and Fiege to name a few sources. Take that how you will.

They have to start Spidey off young, there's really not much alternative. Spider-Man is one of Marvel's most iconic characters and they need to allow a LOT of room for the franchise to grow under Disney's direct control.

The Marvel movie-verse can't revolve around Iron Man, Captain America and the current line-up of Avengers forever. Otherwise they're going to have go deeper and deeper into the vault of lesser known (relative term) characters.

So yeah, bring on the high school years - it'll be nice to have someone with a kid/young-adult perspective to go along with Tony, Steve and all the other adults.

-b.

But honestly, name one truly bad movie out of Phase 1 or 2. Can't do it. Even the ones people consider lackluster like Thor, Iron Man 2 and/or 3 or "whatever" your choice, weren't bad comic movies, they just weren't as good as some of their counterparts.

I dunno, I thought Thor was the best of the Phase 1 movies. Classical storytelling, hit all the right story beats, building up to a climactic finale instead of the... not exactly a whimper, but a middle-of-the-road nonetheless endings of the other Phase 1 Marvel movies.

Anyway, I'm not exactly looking forward to this, but best of luck to them. They haven't had a lot of that since Spider-Man 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-downey-jr-joins-spider-885829

old news :( sorry

ok new rumor:

Recently, Agents of SHIELD actress, Chloe Bennet expressed her frustrations on Marvel Studios not following through with their Cinematic Universe thing. While the movies all give each other high-fives, and swap characters, and what not, they seem to ignore their TV shows entirely. Hell, even the shows acknowledge the movies. But it seems like a one-way street.

Well, it looks like Marvel may have listened to their television star, and is starting to buck up. According to a source close to the situation:

“Marvel Studios is considering having Vincent D’Onofrio reprise his Wilson Fisk role from Daredevil in Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

http://www.screengeek.net/2016/05/19/marvel-considering-adding-kingpin-to-spider-man-homecoming/

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why can't Spider-Man just look like Spider-Man?

Definitely looks like Spider-Man to me, or at least another visual take on him to add to the literal hundreds of other takes we've had on his look, still looks pretty spot on to his look in Civil War. Pretty obvious this suit is going to see a TON of work done in post-production.

It says he's in high school, maybe that's just his first DIY suit.

He was in high school in Civil War too, and his homemade in that movie was way more primitive. The gray bands around the arms are exactly like the suit Tony gave him.

Edited by Mommar

So is it true this film has 3 villains?

(I hope that's not 3 super villains...I super villain and 2 antagonists I can deal with.)

...BTW seems like inefficient time/money spent on CGI post with SM's costume , only to look fake as an end result.

Better material used , you'd think be less of a headache.??

...Understandable CGI eyes tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...