If there's a chance it'll crossover with Flash or Arrow I'll watch it.

The producers are the same and they have had big happy grins when asked that question. However CBS' head honchos have been more "Ummm, no" on the question. Probably because that would involve <$$$$$$> more than anything.

The producers are the same and they have had big happy grins when asked that question. However CBS' head honchos have been more "Ummm, no" on the question. Probably because that would involve <$$$$$$> more than anything.

Who knows I don't think DC would allow a broadcast station to have one of their properties without the possibility. But I dunno I'm not a big executive. Would be a waste.

Who knows I don't think DC would allow a broadcast station to have one of their properties without the possibility. But I dunno I'm not a big executive. Would be a waste.

It would be a waste not to and I doubt DC/WB would mind considering their working relationship with CBS. But you would have to pay actors for showing up on 2 networks, potentially promoting a show from your competition. So yeah money and penny pinching. Money is a cruel master.

CBS and Warner Bros co-own the CW network, so it's not like they haven't collaborated before. Allowing crossover with the CW shows would actually be in CBS's interest, since they would be promoting shows for a network they own.

Edited by SuperSenpai

^^^Well, all those little girls that grew up with She-ra and Barbie need something new and relevant to watch in their emotionally lacking and unfulfilled adult years...

Man you guys are being harsh. If anything that trailer reminds me a lot of the tone of the Linda Carter Wonder Woman series. Screw that dark and brooding crap Batman has forced on all of the DC universe this looks campy and fun, which is what a Superman/Woman/Girl series should embrace!

This looks exactly on par with Arrow, The Flash, Gotham, Agents of Shield, etc. In other words, mediocre and disposable. Nothing interesting happening here at all. Daredevil truly is a hero without anything to fear, at least not from the current line up of super hero TV show competition.

Man you guys are being harsh. If anything that trailer reminds me a lot of the tone of the Linda Carter Wonder Woman series. Screw that dark and brooding crap Batman has forced on all of the DC universe this looks campy and fun, which is what a Superman/Woman/Girl series should embrace!

The trailer was great, and I think you are right about it matching the tone of the 1970s Wonder Woman series with Linda Carter.

It's a statement of sorts: that superhero shows can go in a different direction without losing their heart. And, besides, I've liked how Kara Zor-El has been set up in other DC properties as accepting her role differently than Kal-El. That is, Supergirl has always been a juxtaposition of Superman. And this show seems to be embracing that strongly. I'll defintely give it a shot and rate it on its own merits instead on damning it because of one short trailer. Although, I do like some of the changes I see.

As for comparing this show to the likes of Daredevil or Agents of Shield, I think that is too much apples to oranges. Marvel is finally having some success on the small screen, and with streaming, which is a good thing. But the DC and Marvel properties are literally worlds apart. I enjoyed Daredevil, although the intense violence did get in the way of a couple of episodes. Still, the story was strong. But I wouldn't have figured that out without watching it.

Could they have crammed any more rom-com and chick-flick cliches into that trailer?

Wow, the rom-com and chick flick cliches are strong, with this one. Definitely not interested, although it's good to see that sexism and gender stereotyping are still alive and running strong in Hollywood and quite possibly the masses. Gotham: dark and brooding. Supergirl: fun and frivolous. Got it...

Edited by myk

So the pilot "leaked. It's your typical pilot-fare. Dialogue needs some work but I associate that with new shows where the writers are getting use to their actors. Has room to improve but can quickly go downhill. They could also make changes like how the modified a scene in The Flash leaked vs broadcast pilot.

Just watched the Supergirl pilot.....I have my doubts this will last a full season run. It felt very wooden, yet hallow and dull. The acting was very sub-par. Effects were decent but badly timed and placed. The only decent effect I liked was her heat vision. I mean she's got all the abilities as Superman, but we don't really ever see her utilize them properly. Given the fact she's combat inexperienced it shouldn't matter. She shouldn't have a problem in kicking anyones ass.

Saw the leaked pilot too. It's like watching a superhero version of Ugly Betty. The only 2 thing I really like is first, the heat vision effect, it's better than Man of Steel's. And second, the 2 known 'Supers' actors playing her parents. :rolleyes: