M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

Thank you all, this forum is an amazing place to gather ralents and anyone who wants to participate can help.

I wouldn't have made it that far alone that's for sure! There is still a lot to do until this X-9 is done, but now the toughest part is behind us!

Edited by Xigfrid

We demand a production runnn! :p

Looks soo good. Keep up the good. Work & churn out more Macross goodies!

I am facing a few weak points in the design in small areas involving moving parts or locking mechanism. Which are very difficult to fix compared to other areas. Also the metal parts keep on being rejected by Shapeways team...

So at this point, the production run is farther than expected...

I'll say it again, Arcadia should hire you!! Or they could buy the blueprints and prototype and pay you for the design.

If they want to, they can send me a PM, I am totally open to all kind of negociation. But seriously, that would be dreamfull if Arcadia actually wants to make a toy from my design, I would be glad to help.

I am facing a few weak points in the design in small areas involving moving parts or locking mechanism. Which are very difficult to fix compared to other areas. Also the metal parts keep on being rejected by Shapeways team...

So at this point, the production run is farther than expected...

That is to be expected. Dealing with 3D printed parts of different materials is a challenge. I know this is a kit, but as I'm sure you know, in most good design, it's better to over reinforce, than to under, as it's like an insurance policy. The thickness of materials is really going to dictate the final material going into a recast, if that is the final plan. Overall though, this is a definite winner. I can't wait to see what the final product is going to look like.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I couldn't believe until they arrived, the X-9 received few upgrades!

Parked and deployed pictures !

Are you T-Rex's son? those landing gears look awesome.

Ha you are mentionning Sharon, I was wondering of making one Sharon in its computer form and make it enter into the drone as a form of pilot, but I thought it was too "off" from the official version where Sharon just hack into the drone control software

I finally made 1:60 Sharon Apple who would perfectly pose with this drone. It's on the incoming test batch :)

I called it "Sharon hacking into the X-9"

post-15880-0-45884300-1450453159_thumb.png

post-15880-0-39098000-1450453163_thumb.png

post-15880-0-92956000-1450454864_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-40663500-1450454867_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-20697000-1450455001_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid