M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

If I get involved in this kit, for color recasting, this would be an entirely different beast for painting, with lots of moving parts and such. It would need clean color casting for many parts, and if it were to be painted, the resin would need to match the paint color in order to not mess up the parts that rub, if that happened.

I'd also limit the painting on this, as it would require a lot more work to do, and the cost of that would go up as well. However, I'm getting ahead of myself here. Either way, I definitely want a kit of it, especially if it has the option to attach/detach the fast packs.

Edited by Jasonc

They are coming, hopefully with Jasonc's help. The 3D model is not yet finished yet btw, because I am optimizing them for recasting and a lot of details to finish

Once the other project is done and out, we can work on this one. Hopefully with the dive into recasting, we can work on the best ways to design this for easy recasting. I have all the dyes I would need, and for this, will probably need to use the next step up in resin, a TASC resin, for moving parts.

You said stand adapter earlier so that's covered. Unless you wanna throw in a 1/60 Sharon Apple? :p

Ha you are mentionning Sharon, I was wondering of making one Sharon in its computer form and make it enter into the drone as a form of pilot, but I thought it was too "off" from the official version where Sharon just hack into the drone control software

• 2 weeks later...

Lets resume all the features that have been implemented at this point:

-materials, the model is planned to be casted in resin, a few moving parts would be directly printed in plastic for resistance. They will be hidden, so no painting.

-metal! some use of metal rod for the landing gears trap movement (optional), and ...screws!

-NO glue needed for assembly, everything is tightened by 4 screws. The screws are hidden (in the landing gears, missile compartiment and under the top/front circle cover)

-retractable wings, they "clip" in deployed position

-rotating eye so that it can look trough the 3 windows -But I don't know how to move if the clear canopy is installed-

-the eye is large enough to receive a red tritium vial if desired (3mm diameter recommended)

-clear canopy to cover the eye

-retractable bottom wing so that the X-9 can realistically land. The bottom wing "clips" in deployed and retractable position

-opening missile traps: they "clip" in closed and open position so more display options!

Still working on:

-optional retractable landing gears, should have rubber tires, but not rotating

-a first in macross story if I succeed to make a directional front landing gear

-missile scaffolding for mini-HMM + numerous HMMs

-I will probably make another scaffolding for the standard HMMs from Arcadia YF-19

Lets resume all the features that have been implemented at this point:

-materials, the model is planned to be casted in resin, a few moving parts would be directly printed in plastic for resistance. They will be hidden, so no painting.

-metal! some use of metal rod for the landing gears trap movement (optional), and ...screws!

-NO glue needed for assembly, everything is tightened by 4 screws. The screws are hidden (in the landing gears, missile compartiment and under the top/front circle cover)

-retractable wings, they "clip" in deployed position

-rotating eye so that it can look trough the 3 windows -But I don't know how to move if the clear canopy is installed-

-the eye is large enough to receive a red tritium vial if desired (3mm diameter recommended)

-clear canopy to cover the eye

-retractable bottom wing so that the X-9 can realistically land. The bottom wing "clips" in deployed and retractable position

-opening missile traps: they "clip" in closed and open position so more display options!

Still working on:

-optional retractable landing gears, should have rubber tires, but not rotating

-a first in macross story if I succeed to make a directional front landing gear

-missile scaffolding for mini-HMM + numerous HMMs

-I will probably make another scaffolding for the standard HMMs from Arcadia YF-19

Should the super parts be included in the list? Or was that too much to deal with?