M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

I am playing with dimensions and I have almost narrowed to seomthing I like.
I took as references a Yamato VF-1J (V2) and a 1:72 figure which is the closest I got to the Yamato 21's and 19's pilots. I measured the VF-1J at 24 cm long, the X-9 is currently at 23.3 cm.

Do you agree with those figures?

post-15880-0-74415200-1441999640_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-09548400-1441999639_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-41902400-1441999636_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-77979600-1441999634_thumb.jpg

front view:

post-15880-0-97804300-1441999639_thumb.jpg

Those things must be massive then!? I thought they'd be a similar size to the Luca RVF-25 drones but clearly these things are bonkers bigger! :o:huh:

Not that much bigger, really. The RVF drones are over half the length of a VF-1 on their own. Almost 10 meters to a VF-1's 14.

Not that much bigger, really. The RVF drones are over half the length of a VF-1 on their own. Almost 10 meters to a VF-1's 14.

Perhaps this is the problem: the rvf's ghosts included in the super parts are too small.

They should be 2/3 of a VF-1 and not a little more than its half as they are.

Perhaps this is the problem: the rvf's ghosts included in the super parts are too small.

They should be 2/3 of a VF-1 and not a little more than its half as they are.

The Dx valks aren't really in scale. All of the 25's are a bit too small as well. Regardless, this design here is awesome and spot on.

Thank you all for the great comments. The more I am working on it the more it is becoming complex with moving panels and such.

I am still having design dilemmas such as should the landing gears have rubber or plain plastic/resin is good enough or do I need to make the mini HMMs ?

What sorts of moving panels are coming up?

I think everybody would vote for rubber wheels but whatever makes life easier for you (unless you're a perfectionist) is probably the smartest idea. You've done more than any of us here anyway.

What do you mean by make mini-HMMs? Where would you put them? Aren't they all internal payload anyway?

What sorts of moving panels are coming up?

I think everybody would vote for rubber wheels but whatever makes life easier for you (unless you're a perfectionist) is probably the smartest idea. You've done more than any of us here anyway.

What do you mean by make mini-HMMs? Where would you put them? Aren't they all internal payload anyway?

I have a small panel that appeared to be easier to be made, assembled and painted if seperated from where it was attached.

Once detached, I realised that this panel could act as an opening trap where the Super parts would attach, so I tried to make it movable.

But since this part is so small (1cm x 3cm) and located in a tough to access position, it is very hard to make it articulated. Well without a drawing/picture, it would be hard to explain it better until I finalize the design.

Should be rubber then, I need to search on ebay/amazon, last time I searched for this kind of rubber I ended with O-rings BUT the easier to find/traditional ones are too thin to act like a 1:60 plane wheels. Any idea is welcome on the rubber!

NB: Also the wheels would be an optional accessory, mainly because of the price of printing it in Steel from shapeways is quiet prohibitive (like 20 USD)

Mini HMMs would be amazing.

And, hopefully , not too difficult yes?

About the HMMs, I plan to make a sort of cage of rods where the HMMs will attach by friction, this cage being clipsable into the launch bay. By doing this design I should make different cages to adapt more weapons such as the classical HMM from the YF-19 or nukes from the VF-1s as the ghost is supposedly able to bring different types of weapons depending of the mission.

Edited by Xigfrid

I have a small panel that appeared to be easier to be made, assembled and painted if seperated from where it was attached.

Once detached, I realised that this panel could act as an opening trap where the Super parts would attach, so I tried to make it movable.

But since this part is so small (1cm x 3cm) and located in a tough to access position, it is very hard to make it articulated. Well without a drawing/picture, it would be hard to explain it better until I finalize the design.

Should be rubber then, I need to search on ebay/amazon, last time I searched for this kind of rubber I ended with O-rings BUT the easier to find/traditional ones are too thin to act like a 1:60 plane wheels. Any idea is welcome on the rubber!

NB: Also the wheels would be an optional accessory, mainly because of the price of printing it in Steel from shapeways is quiet prohibitive (like 20 USD)

About the HMMs, I plan to make a sort of cage of rods where the HMMs will attach by friction, this cage being clipsable into the launch bay. By doing this design I should make different cages to adapt more weapons such as the classical HMM from the YF-19 or nukes from the VF-1s as the ghost is supposedly able to bring different types of weapons depending of the mission.

Maybe instead of a sliding panel just use a swappable panel with pins in it or something? That would simplify moving parts. Or would that compromise in another way?

It's funny, the idea you have here for the swappable HMM's was actually the only solution I could come up with when I asked you what it was you were trying to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the great comments. The more I am working on it the more it is becoming complex with moving panels and such.

I am still having design dilemmas such as should the landing gears have rubber or plain plastic/resin is good enough or do I need to make the mini HMMs ?

For rubber tires, there are some that can simply be bought. Making landing gear that fit to a tire that can be bought at a hobby outlet would help out a lot, if that's the route you're going for.

Lately that was the wings colliding with the supers. According to the files the wing should rotate on the sides of the main body, which is just impossible when the super are equipped considering the shape from the front view. But there is this picture where the X-9 is launching from the pod with supers and wings retracted. Btw almost found a solution, but I have to trick a bit on the lines to make everything working.