M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

So I've been following this thread for a while and only now thought to ask for confirmation: Is this the same as JasonC's Ghost X-9 project? I had assumed it was, with this thread being on the CAD side and his the production side.

I think you are mixing this thread which is about the ghost X-9 and the other one that is about the training drone in Macross+. These are 2 different projects

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A small update

I have been having difficulties with the canopy when trying to recast it.

post-15880-0-69334600-1458836263_thumb.jpg

So I changed the eye design So the canopy and the eye are now a single piece printed in FUD. Once polished, the eye has to be painted on the inside surface of the canopy.

post-15880-0-87235800-1458836268_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-55349600-1458836270_thumb.jpg

The result is pretty nice:

post-15880-0-75653900-1458836273_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-73467300-1458836276_thumb.jpg

This design still has some optical magnifying effect.

If someone equipped with a vaccum forming apparel would want to make the canopy that would be just perfect. I will still provide the classic eye, so anyone wanting to use either eye design would still be free.

Also, I can make different "eye" shapes if using the FUD printing. Still deciding though

Edited by Xigfrid

The latest price is 150$, excluding options. Down from 200$. Are referring to the initial price or to the latest one?

I was talking about the price with all the options, painted and assembled. i was under the impression that the full package would end up being around $250?

Edited by anime52k8

I was talking about the price with all the options, painted and assembled. i was under the impression that the full package would end up being around $250?

You are correct. The options involve some expensive components such as metal 3D printing parts and a lot of additional personal work. If I could just outsource these in a factory that would be much cheaper but for an even larger production...

I received earlier than expected some pictures of the production, I wanted to share them with you:

Well how bout that? Didn't know this project was a GO. I thought you needed more peeps on board to green light it.

Wow thats looking good. Maybe the 1st post of this thread needs updating. Was looking for a price for these, but then spent the money on a 17....

Its an awesome looking project. Looks legit, like it was produced by a toy company. Hope you wont get discouraged with low volume sales. Maybe reach out to other boards & sites (i.e transformers, ebay etc2?).

So what scale is it to end up being?

Collecting 1/72 (wheels down where possible)

And the rough estimate cost of that scale as it stands today?

Wow thats looking good. Maybe the 1st post of this thread needs updating. Was looking for a price for these, but then spent the money on a 17....

Its an awesome looking project. Looks legit, like it was produced by a toy company. Hope you wont get discouraged with low volume sales. Maybe reach out to other boards & sites (i.e transformers, ebay etc2?).

Great idea aajin, I just update the 1st post accordingly.

"The Master is now complete and the production has started. I am taking pre-orders NOW. No payment required until painting starts."

So what scale is it to end up being?

Collecting 1/72 (wheels down where possible)

And the rough estimate cost of that scale as it stands today?

The kit is 1:60 scale, sorry no 1:72 scale for the moment.

Prices are as follow: 150 USD the complete resin kit and 3D plastic parts for missiles and screws. If you want it painted you should add 50 USD. And for the retractable stainless steel + Rubber tires landing gears, you should add 50 USD also.

So when do you think you will need payment and have these in hand ready to ship (non painted)?

In a week or so I will have the resin parts, I will then need the payments.

Once I got the payments, I will place a global order on Shapeways to have the plastics parts and the Metal parts for the landing gears if needed. This adds 2-3 weeks until I receive the Shapeways parts and ship the kits.

So, this might be an oddball question, but I'm just curious. I've never worked in resin, so I think I'd actually prefer a raw printed plastic version to build up and work on. Would it be possible to buy a complete printed kit from your Shapeways shop, or even just part by part? I've looked through your shop, and it doesn't look like all of the pieces are available currently.

So, this might be an oddball question, but I'm just curious. I've never worked in resin, so I think I'd actually prefer a raw printed plastic version to build up and work on. Would it be possible to buy a complete printed kit from your Shapeways shop, or even just part by part? I've looked through your shop, and it doesn't look like all of the pieces are available currently.

That's possible but indeed odd, because the price would be at least three times higher. That's the reason of making a resin kit