M+ ghost X-9

Xigfrid

This is the Ghost X-9 from Macross+ series. See below the Master in final primer layer.

The production is finished.  Nothing in stock.
I still have the master and I don't plan to recast it again. If you may be interested to buy it, feel free to contact me.

The figure features:
-retractable wings so it can simulate the launchbay position: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/plus/lineart/x-9-launchbay.jpg
-removable super parts
-transparent canopy through which you can see the eye-camera of the ghost
-opening missiles bays and 27 mini HMMs that can individually be launched
-detailing of the internal reactors and accurate air intake airflow
-to add realism to the figure that can land on its wheels, the rear fin is retractable (never seen in any line art but obvious)
-retractable landing gears, opening/closing landing gear bays
-assembly without glue, only screws.

Stand Adapter:
A Yamato stand adapter is available on my Shapeways shop here.

User Manual:
It can be read online here. This is a colored version (a black & white version is included in each kit)

Prices:
1) No painting, no landing gears, complete resin kit, with 3D printed parts for missiles, screws: 150 USD
2) Painting add 50 USD
3) Retractable landing gears in 3D printed parts in stainless steel and rubber tires: add 50 USD

Shipping:
The ghosts are being shipped from France Paris.
Expect prices to be as follow:
-17USD (16EUR) for Europe and International: tracking to destination for Europe, United States, NewZealand, Singapore and Malaysia, tracking to French border over-wise. NO SIGNATURE, NO INSURANCE. Take it at your own risk.
-19 USD or 17 EUR shipping via French Post to EUROPE with tracking. With INSURANCE and SIGNATURE
-25 USD (23 EUR) shipping via French Post with International tracking. With INSURANCE and SIGNATURE
-110 USD (100 EUR) for 24H/48H EXPRESS shipping (can take up to 5 days)

If you want UPS or DHL, please provide your client number or PM me to arrange the pickup.

This is Wmkjr ghost, full credit to him for the assembly, painting and photo shots!
27332530151_45ab295eca_k.jpgMacross Plus 5 by Wm K, sur Flickr

This is the X9 Ghost Master in the final preparation stage:
post-15880-0-96832400-1459366323_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-81066700-1459366324_thumb.jpg
post-15880-0-66995400-1459366325_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-25342100-1459366327_thumb.jpg
post-15880-0-29430300-1459366328_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-55911900-1459366329_thumb.jpg
post-15880-0-43696300-1459366330_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-32026300-1459366331_thumb.jpg
post-15880-0-22702700-1459366332_thumb.jpg

Latest update:
The first unit from the production came out nicely:
post-15880-0-82350600-1460813915_thumb.jpgpost-15880-0-77608200-1460813906_thumb.jpg
post-15880-0-22054700-1460813918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

Excited. Honestly, I'm not that concerned with landing gear - this thing deserves to be mounted in flight!

Question for you, though: Would you be interested in scaling the production model to 1/72, when you're finished? As nice as the Arcadia YF-19 is, it's way out my range. I think that Hasegawa will be representing the 19 & 21 in my collection.

make it in 1/72 and it'll sell like water in the desert... My entire collection is on this scale so i think it's natural a 1/72 version.

And about the landing gear, it's natural the X-9 have it, most of the today UACV have it, they need to land after nuke thw bad guys, don't they ? But i'm confuse, i like the ideia to put it side by side with the YF-19 and YF-21 couple but Kelsian is right, this baby must be mounted in flight completelly bad-ass, i think i'll need two X-9... :rolleyes:

Hi! It is still in progress, in fact there is a lot of errors with the line art, the front view is totally flawed for instance. The missile bay, as everyone knows, the booster launcher line also!

Now I am quiet satisfied with what I got in 2D drawings. But there are still a few errors that would have to be corrected later when I will design it in 3D.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project, Xigfrid!

Truth be told, I've been tinkering around with a project for a "personal-collection" 1/60 X-9 Ghost to go with my Yammie YF-19 and YF-21, using ZBrush and Sketchup. It's not quite as elaborate as yours, though. Just the drone itself and a detachable attachment for a Yamato mighty block stand. May or not have retractable landing gears.

I know what you mean about the lineart. I've been wracking my head over the missile bay as well as some of the contours.

The question is how small/big are the HM Missiles stored into the X-9

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

MIcro HM missiles

http://www.mtranslation.host-ed.me/Stats/Statistics/AerospaceCraft/aif-9b.php

VENTRAL MISSILE BAY: For additional offensive power, the AIF-9B Ghost has a concealed missile bay mounted on the bottom of the aircraft between the engine nacelles. When launched, the doors concealing the bay open and the missiles fire downward out of the craft, where they then move to intercept targets either in front of or behind the drone. The missile bay is designed to use the new Bifors BMM-24 all-environment high-maneuverability micro-missiles, but can use any type of UN Spacy mini-missile if HMMMs are not available.

Edited by MILKAUTICO

MIcro HM missiles?

http://www.mtranslation.host-ed.me/Stats/Statistics/AerospaceCraft/aif-9b.php

VENTRAL MISSILE BAY: For additional offensive power, the AIF-9B Ghost has a concealed missile bay mounted on the bottom of the aircraft between the engine nacelles. When launched, the doors concealing the bay open and the missiles fire downward out of the craft, where they then move to intercept targets either in front of or behind the drone. The missile bay is designed to use the new Bifors BMM-24 all-environment high-maneuverability micro-missiles, but can use any type of UN Spacy mini-missile if HMMMs are not available.

This sounds like the answer right here. Micro versions of the HMMs.

Do you have the 1/72 kit that came out several years ago? I got the version with and without the fast pack/boosters. It does have panels on that kit, I'm assuming, for landing gear. I think it'd be a great feature. It might almost be easier to do if you can find a kit in that scale that has similar gear already. As for the "mini HMM", I liken them to the small ones on the Fast packs that the VF-25 has. Otherwise, I'd say it was just animation error, unless there's written description of the missiles.

Hi Jasonc,

I really like the proportions of this 1/72 kit but I don't own one. I was greatly inspired by its curves. How long is this kit from nose to tail, and how much smaller did you think it should have been?

I'll find the box today and see if I can get that too you tonight.

OK, sorry if the pics are big. I had a chance to actually find it this late at night (trying to unpack after moving) and finally found it. the length of the 1/72 kit measures about 8.5-8.75 inches. the top part of the Ghost is supposed to be a bit further out than the bottom, and because it isn't attached yet and has some chaff pieces to remove, I couldn't put it on. In any case, I don't know the length as opposed to a VF-1, but the Macross Chronicles may help resolve the size issue.

post-582-0-11275200-1431842198_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-98063600-1431842217_thumb.jpg

I sincerely hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more stuff.

Sorry, not sell on it at this time. I have the one without the boosters, so if I can get that one to look as I'd like, I probably will.

I can search Macross Chronicles later this afternoon When I get home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have that kit too, but in my opinion is too large to be 1/72. in MWF we discussed the size of X-9 several times and there are not consensus about this.

I remember a image from a Macross Chronicle magazine showing the size of a X-9 compared with a VF-1, if I remember well.