If Arcadia re-issued your valk: What improvements would you recommend

w8kbrder

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't forget that another improvement would be millisecond purchase windows. This 1 second purchase window is way too long. :p

+1

Don't forget that another improvement would be millisecond purchase windows. This 1 second purchase window is way too long. :p

Please, don't mistake Arcadia for Bandai! The 3 months pre-oder window is the reason why I will support Arcadia and not Bandai, even if the price is higher

VF-1

Ab crunch articulation, every yamato vf-1 looks like someone who just had back surgery trying to make a pose.

Increased Tampo

Find a better solution to the backpack clip rather than the lumpy latch that sticks up in gerwalk, never been a fan.

Ankle articulation

The arms need to extend like the dx to allow the arms to cross the chest naturally, they did it with the legs, they should do it with the arms.

Arms need to go full horizontal in articulation, almost there but off enough that all of our poses for the vf-1 look the same.

Go to the anime accurate gun clip on the right arm and eliminate the dual notches in both arms.

Every release should come with a display stand, at this stage in the game its bs to break up a critical accessory.

Even with those above, I went through my dx phase and have come back to reality, the yamato arcadia is still the hands down piece to own.

Edited by sreichma

More tampo/paint.

I'd like a bit more diecast in the feet.

Maybe the pull out hips like the VF-0D would be cool.

I really don't understand how they could make a VF-1 have an ab crunch... it never like happened in the show. A nosecone is a nosecone.

I could see a waist swivel, where the nosecone rotates above the legs, but that would unlock the back section.

Edited by Gakken85

I could've sworn the chest plate and nose buckles (same motion as an ab crunch) when Breetai clobbers Hikaru's 1J with that pipe but I could be wrong. I don't deny it could work at 1/1 scale but it was a lot of anime magic in the show. The Valks always had human-like movements anyway. It would take some engineering to implement in a toy though.

The only impediment to an ab crunch is Yamato's way of integrating the canopy shield. Since it's attached to the chest it would create a lot of hurdles. If the shield were instead attached to the canopy then the chest could be angled in a way different from the fuselage. I don't mean to imply it'd be easy but with some more innovating it seems do-able. Also having the legs have a more accurate transformation would enable a better waist.

Another example of ab crunches is during the max and miria tv fight, there are plenty of examples in there. If the nose could extend down a bit in battroid to clear the armor shield frim the chest, it could crunch that way. Still a great toy, but the vf-1 is there bread and butter, I don't see them revamping it and investing whem they could just print and sell.

What are the chances that Arcadia will do the rotating or swivel crotch area for more posability? Would that mean, back to Version 1 crotches? Removing leg parts? IMO, I really don't mind if ever they go back to that method to have more posability but I wish that they still keep the quality and durability of the figure if they will consider that. Though I know a LOT will not agree on that one. ^_^

Ab Crunch, I think is a possibility if they use the same approach on the Gerwalk joint on the pelvic/thigh area between the canopy and the nosecone section where the black lines reside. The front landing gear resides under the canopy. Under the nosecone is the locking dock for the legs. But keep in mind that if they do the Ab Crunch thing, it means that this is not going to be a Perfect Transformation Valk anymore. It needs to eliminate the swivel metal bar. They're probably going to use the Valk Version 1 legs approach here. If they're going to keep the same legs/thigh/pelvic proportion of the Version 2, without that big looking joint socket of the Version 1, and just plug it in in the nosecone, then I'm good. And for kicks, they could also add the rotating nosecone now here too if they decide to do it. ^_^

post-5552-0-89897400-1430928950_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

Still - the main problem is that the back and front are locked together into one big piece to make the chest and stomach. they would have to make it snap pretty high up on the back to avoid problems with it unlock/hitting things. It currently snaps in right where the waist/top of the thigh/legs hits. AND if you do that all that's holding the lower part tight together is the swing bar, which is going to get goofy real fast.

Its basically big stick down the middle holding the back/wings to the chest. Just seems really, really hard to do.

I don't think it's possible with a swing bar and the back locking mechanism.

I guess an ab crunch happened in the show... but it doesn't make any sense haha. The nose cone couldn't bend and then turn back into a fighter.

Edited by Gakken85

Put me down for an ab crunch!

...also for the VF-1 : 1)double jointed knees that can squat + retractable wings.

2)THICKER biceps.

3) OD elbow joints.

4) Partner up with Yeti-stands!

Ab Crunch, I think is a possibility if they use the same approach on the Gerwalk joint on the pelvic/thigh area between the canopy and the nosecone section where the black lines reside. The front landing gear resides under the canopy. Under the nosecone is the locking dock for the legs. But keep in mind that if they do the Ab Crunch thing, it means that this is not going to be a Perfect Transformation Valk anymore. It needs to eliminate the swivel metal bar. They're probably going to use the Valk Version 1 legs approach here. If they're going to keep the same legs/thigh/pelvic proportion of the Version 2, without that big looking joint socket of the Version 1, and just plug it in in the nosecone, then I'm good. And for kicks, they could also add the rotating nosecone now here too if they decide to do it. ^_^

Arcadia-1S-Focker-6_abcrunch.jpg

What do you guys think? :rolleyes:

This is a cool idea no doubt but I had a mess about with one of my VF-1 and I can't see how it would be possible for them to engineer in the ab crunch joint without a significant redesign. The whole leg cross bar and upper torso swing joint would have to become two separate elements entirely. The ab crunch joint could be possible with the earlier v1 VF-1 design as it requires you to physically remove the legs from the upper torso section and re-attach to the nose section allowing them to articulate completely independently.

So yeah pass on the ab crunch joint.. besides it looks kinda silly anyways.. And there ain't any chance I'd accept a new designed Valkyrie toy which requires partial dis-assembly for transformation.

Edited by spanner76

I don't see how you could make a hinge in the nosecone area that would be strong enough to maintain a semi crunch for posing and would be invisible in fighter and gerwalk mode. You would also want it to swivel, adding to the complexity. Ok I think I can envision a ratcheting swiveling joint in the nose cone, but that shoots down your less expensive mod :p. Also, once you crunch, how would you stop the wings from hitting the intakes that create the thighs? Your swivel will also be limited by wings hitting the legs as they rotate if you have any sort of aggressive wide leg stance.

Anyway, my update would be a Max and Milia vf-1j reissued in colored plastic instead of paint. Blue and red plastic as the base please with white paint. And I would love for the 1/60's to come with gun pods that have slings.

Edited by auberondreaming

Having just transformed my Ivanov and swooshed him around i want.

Better locking wings

More secure missiles

Better shoulders and double jointed elbows

Tail fins which lock or at least stay in position

the gap in the back solving

Less floppy and secure battroid mode

The only impediment to an ab crunch is Yamato's way of integrating the canopy shield. Since it's attached to the chest it would create a lot of hurdles. If the shield were instead attached to the canopy then the chest could be angled in a way different from the fuselage. I don't mean to imply it'd be easy but with some more innovating it seems do-able. Also having the legs have a more accurate transformation would enable a better waist.

Yamato's GN-U DOU had this very problem, and even then I thought it was decently executed. It certainly made for some awesome poses.