• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Groovy, indeed. Sam Raimi directing the pilot, Bruce Campbell in the starring role (nobody else could be Ash, nobody), deadites, mayhem, silly humor and snarkiness, AND NO PREQUEL, REBOOT, RETELLING, OR RE-IMAGINING... what's not to like? October 31st, 9PM -- "come get some..." :)

Now if the could only bring back Brisco County Jr.

Ha! I watched an episode about a year back for nostalgia's sake... I remember it being so fun when I was little but... I think they should let that have its place in TV history and not dredge it up again.

Ha! I watched an episode about a year back for nostalgia's sake... I remember it being so fun when I was little but... I think they should let that have its place in TV history and not dredge it up again.

Wow you were little when that came out? I feel so old... :lol:

Wow you were little when that came out? I feel so old... :lol:

I checked, 1993 was the year so I guess I wasn't so little. Hard to believe it only ran for one season... I feel like watching it before X files was a long tradition.

• 3 months later...

i watched the first episode of ash vs. evil dead tonight and thought it was alot of fun. more army of darkness than part one.

Going by what was shown, seems to ignore Army Of Darkness altogether, and picks up after Evil Dead 2. Probably because of a licensing issue, the Evil Dead Regeneration game did the same thing.

Actually it re-established part 1's story by including all his friends in the Cabin. 2 and AoD left them out due to liscensing. Great show so far!

"Told you you'd think about it" LOL!

Chris

Guest davidwhangchoi

Going by what was shown, seems to ignore Army Of Darkness altogether, and picks up after Evil Dead 2. Probably because of a licensing issue, the Evil Dead Regeneration game did the same thing.

ah sorry, it's been a while re: the story. more referring to the humor/ mood. this was mindless fun while i was teen, Barbarians was another movie we would watch and just laugh :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I could be wrong but I read somewhere that the reviewers got the screeners for episodes one and two and that Sam Raimi was out after episode one.

I really expected this to be a vehicle for Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell to run with the franchise as Sam seems to have historically responded to questions about Evil Dead / AOD as a been there, done that, ready to do other things issue. I'm probably way wrong and I hope so, because it's been a gift to movie and horror fans everywhere for years.

I watched the first episode, it had the camp, gore, fun and Bruce Campbell silliness necessary to keep my attention, I'm looking forward to more.

• 2 weeks later...

2 episodes in and this is everything I had hoped for, over the top horrific and deliciously silly, also beautifully shot. I don't know if this will get very high ratings but as a fan of the original movies I'm really enjoying it a lot so hopefully they can get a whole 10 episodes season. I can't wait to see Lucy Lawless kicking some deadite ass maybe in the next episode.

Edited by Frogze

The 3rd episode was so much fun again and still some of the scariest FX I've seen on a TV show to this day, it was very impressive. The story is silly too but everything is so appropriately crafted/written/acted that it only makes it work even better in this context strangely, at least that's how I felt about it.

The 3rd episode was so much fun again and still some of the scariest FX I've seen on a TV show to this day, it was very impressive. The story is silly too but everything is so appropriately crafted/written/acted that it only makes it work even better in this context strangely, at least that's how I felt about it.

I agree. A friend and I were just talking about it yesterday and he said the same thing about the Demon that they summoned. We both thought it was very well done and one of the more scary creatures we have seen in some time. I'm really liking this show, I think the silliness fits right in with what we have seen from the Evil Dead saga thus far.

Chris

God I love this show. Nothing on TV makes me laugh like the writing. The writing for Ash and his one-liners are amazing.

"Sweet shithouse mouse!"

I'm really, really enjoying this series. It's too bad it's only 6 episodes. I love the mix of practical effects and CGI. It's a shame Rami doesn't do more TV.

My only major complaint is the Actress playing the cop... Though her tits are massive... her acting is godawful.

I feel like episode 4 was probably the weakest so far. The car chase was kind of silly, but I enjoyed the back story on Ash.

Edited by Gakken85

God I love this show. Nothing on TV makes me laugh like the writing. The writing for Ash and his one-liners are amazing.

"Sweet shithouse mouse!"

I'm really, really enjoying this series. It's too bad it's only 6 episodes. I love the mix of practical effects and CGI. It's a shame Rami doesn't do more TV.

My only major complaint is the Actress playing the cop... Though her tits are massive... her acting is godawful.

I feel like episode 4 was probably the weakest so far. The car chase was kind of silly, but I enjoyed the back story on Ash.

Dem tits though...

• 10 months later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to All Things Evil Dead