Unless that stick has a light Saber at the end its going to be a short fight.

I would be cool if his staff is a Force Pike like what the Imperial Guard use.

Chris

Given the way SW tech plays around with gravity, I always assumed that the internal decking of the Death Star could just be however was practical for the location. Surface-oriented at the surface (and probably down several decks worth) with the central docking area just being an oddity.

And, while all the railing-less areas looked silly, they work a little better if you consider that there's no guarantee you'll actually fall if you step off those ledges. :lol:

Gotta say, after thinking on it more, I think my biggest shock from these teasers/trailer was that "Rogue One" may not necessarily amount to "Rogue Squadron." It sounds like a callsign for sure, but if I let go of that association and just try to enjoy it for what it looks like, I'm much more optimistic.

Also, the AT-AT getting knocked sideways by the rocket was awesome enough to make me overlook the impracticality of the shot. :D

Gotta say, after thinking on it more, I think my biggest shock from these teasers/trailer was that "Rogue One" may not necessarily amount to "Rogue Squadron." It sounds like a callsign for sure, but if I let go of that association and just try to enjoy it for what it looks like, I'm much more optimistic.

Also, the AT-AT getting knocked sideways by the rocket was awesome enough to make me overlook the impracticality of the shot. :D

"Yeah, that took out that AT-AT with that surface to air missile... too bad they didn't have any of those on Hoth, might have made a difference there." Kylo Ren

"Yeah, that took out that AT-AT with that surface to air missile... too bad they didn't have any of those on Hoth, might have made a difference there." Kylo Ren

That's hardly fair. They had SAMs, but they didn't function properly in the extreme cold of Hoth. :p

Edit because I need to clarify because Star Wars: This is not canon to my knowledge, though climate-induced equipment failures were..

Edited by JB0

Did it occur to anyone that the missile in the trailer might not have done any real damage and that the AT-AT is going to turn back torwards the soldiers that fired it then mow them all down?

It looked like it blew up one of the small guns on the side of the head.

Which is, yes, problematic for the guy with the rocket launcher since the thing still has a working head and three more guns.

Am wondering if snowspeeders could actually fly in that tropical env...besides its obvious namesake..half expecting some speeders to come up and tie the walkers legs heheh...

As I recall, the speeders were actually modified to make them work in the extreme cold of Hoth. The implication is that they were designed for a more temperate climate, so it seems a reasonable guess.

Did it occur to anyone that the missile in the trailer might not have done any real damage and that the AT-AT is going to turn back torwards the soldiers that fired it then mow them all down?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm hoping that is the case, TBH.

Chris

As I recall, the speeders were actually modified to make them work in the extreme cold of Hoth. The implication is that they were designed for a more temperate climate, so it seems a reasonable guess.

I guess no one thought abt the marketability of variant speeders in this scenario...they would have made a ton of insta-buy toys named.... jungle-speeders? :rolleyes:

I guess no one thought abt the marketability of variant speeders in this scenario...they would have made a ton of insta-buy toys named.... jungle-speeders? :rolleyes:

According to Wookiepedia, swampspeeder, sandspeeder, and skyspeeder are all things that existed in canon before the (Disney) Empire began the great purge. But of course they didn't get toys, because you do that once snowspeeders stop selling.

Edited by JB0

Hey, it only took a grenade in the right place for Luke to take one out singlehandedly. Personally, I never understood why they didn't just make the darn things hover like pretty much every other vehicle in the entire universe.

Even if the legs were more useful for uneven terrain (for some nonsensical in-universe reason), the least you could do is throw in a backup system for if they happened to trip and fall over. :p

Hmm, did she say "May The Force Be With Us" different from that other trailer? It sounded less... cheeky, and a lot more ominous.

Also, can't get enough of that scene with the X-Wings barreling down that darkened canyon with the lights on.

Kylo Ren doesn't care.... he thinks that's why there should've been four MANPADS per AT-AT. One for each gun... you know.

According to Wookiepedia, swampspeeder, sandspeeder, and skyspeeder are all things that existed in canon before the (Disney) Empire began the great purge. But of course they didn't get toys, because you do that once snowspeeders stop selling.

Amen, when Bob Iger needs more revenue for his empire, he'll squeeze out a few more movies, that spawn another few toys, a couple of rides, and more merchandising. I mean that's the beauty of the anthology film... we can get a Chewbacca before he met Han film, a couple of one off clones wars movie (bring back Hayden and Ewan), we can get an anthology film Mace, quick, someone get Sam Jackson before he gets any older, and and don't forget Yoda, he's a CGI muppet, we can get him for free. Just throw in a few Dooku underlings, and viola... another Anthology film.

And of course, Lucas will complain about how Disney is ruining his vision, well, that's his fault for making the crappy prequels and then selling out, cause obviously, he had to cash in.

Amen, when Bob Iger needs more revenue for his empire, he'll squeeze out a few more movies, that spawn another few toys, a couple of rides, and more merchandising. I mean that's the beauty of the anthology film... we can get a Chewbacca before he met Han film, a couple of one off clones wars movie (bring back Hayden and Ewan), ....

I don't think i've ever heard anyone ask for Hayden back. :p

Amen, when Bob Iger needs more revenue for his empire, he'll squeeze out a few more movies, that spawn another few toys, a couple of rides, and more merchandising. I mean that's the beauty of the anthology film... we can get a Chewbacca before he met Han film, a couple of one off clones wars movie (bring back Hayden and Ewan), we can get an anthology film Mace, quick, someone get Sam Jackson before he gets any older, and and don't forget Yoda, he's a CGI muppet, we can get him for free. Just throw in a few Dooku underlings, and viola... another Anthology film.

And of course, Lucas will complain about how Disney is ruining his vision, well, that's his fault for making the crappy prequels and then selling out, cause obviously, he had to cash in.

Also according to Wookiepedia, Kenner had a sandspeeder toy designed and ready to launch "back in the day". They just never shipped it.

I assume the collapse of the initial Star Wars gravy train killed that plan.

Edited by JB0

I don't think i've ever heard anyone ask for Hayden back. :p

Poor Hayden gets maligned because he was cast in a role that was badly written. I think his other movie (Jumper) wasn't all that bad... right?

The gravy train is gonna keep on rolling as long as Iger is in charge. Jungle speeders, swamp speeders, undersea speeders, new droids... just name it... name it, and it'll be yours

The gravy train is gonna keep on rolling as long as Iger is in charge. Jungle speeders, swamp speeders, undersea speeders, new droids... just name it... name it, and it'll be yours

The gravy train's kept accelerating continuously since the publication of Heir to the Empire, why would it stop now?

I've always thought it was a bit silly calling them "Snowspeeders" as it was pretty obvious that they could be used in other environments and was even mentioned in Empire that they had to be modified to work in the cold of Hoth.

They should have just been called something like Rebel Armed Speeders.

My understanding was that snowspeeder referred specifically to the modified ones on Hoth, not to the entire family of vehicles.

The movie, of course, just calls them speeders. I'd wager the "snow" prefix was added by Kenner to make room for other toy variants, and then the demand dried up after Return of the Jedi and the variants all got cancelled.

Hayden didn't have a lot to work with, and we don't know how the direction was, but he certainly left a bad impression.

I remember seeing "Shattered Glass" with him in the main role, and to be honest, he did seem like he was playing the exact same character. On the flip side of that though, that film received fairly good reviews, and the whiny Anakin persona just seemed much more appropriate for that role. The two films were released about a year apart, so who knows if the roles leaked into each other, or Hayden just can't play anything else. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

Of course, if you are trying to take down a bloody great walking land vehicle with a handheld Surface-to-Air Missile, you might want to rethink your tactics and your life in the few moments remaining of it. :lol:

Why is everyone calling it a SAM? Because it's being fired upward? Both the firer & the target are both on the ground. A real world example: Javelin ATGM, climbs to 180 metres in top attack mode, but it isn't a SAM.

Because it goes from the surface into the air. And those walkers are pretty darn tall.

I call it simply a missile - our distinctions really have no meaning in SW anyway - what makes an AA missile and AA missile in our world is that it homes in on a heat signature and is not made to penetrate much armor. Those distinctions are somewhat meaningless in SW.