Deploying X-wings have never really been as exciting as F14s or VF-1s off a carrier deck.

Would be cool to do a scene with Valks to Danger Zone though :)

Now, maybe if you actually had them launching off of rails externally, sure, but "drifting through the atmosphere containment field" just doesn't have the same punch as a catapult launch. :lol:

Closest to the traditional start up sequence we get is really the original hangar deck sequence from Episode IV. For Episode VI though, they just skipped ahead to that awesome musical fanfare sequence having all the ships setting up for hyperspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this movie has the potential to outdo all the prequels + TFA, combined. From what's been shown, It absolutely has that original trilogy vibe to a tee... it just feels 'right'. I'm far more stoked to go see this in the theater than I was for TFA.

Based on the scenes shown I wouldn't say it feels anything like the Original Trilogy. Not how ot's been marketed now. It feels like a war film in the Star Wars universe, but it looks interesting. I hope it will be. I love the tropical look in some of these scenes. That's all new terrain for Star Wars.

Am glad she didn't carry floppy disks to backup, imagine the stack of boxes.. :p

At 1:21....is that a hard drive in her hand? :lol:

so passe...tot they at least would be on usb sticks tsk tsk... :lol:

Based on the scenes shown I wouldn't say it feels anything like the Original Trilogy. Not how ot's been marketed now. It feels like a war film in the Star Wars universe, but it looks interesting. I hope it will be. I love the tropical look in some of these scenes. That's all new terrain for Star Wars.

Channelling a lil apocalyspe now with the tropical look? Wouldnt it be nice to have troopers in camo too.

I see your Death Star and raise you a Pokemon.

post-15116-0-85506500-1468628380_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

In the quick scene of the war room....at around 1:03.....you can see one of the rebel generals from ANH...and next to him, the guy looks like he is wearing a uniform that looks very Alderaanian...like seen in Episode 3 when Bail Organa meets up with Obi Wan and Yoda aboard his ship....I'm guessing we'll be seeing Yavin again in this movie....the events of Rougue One are literally taking place weeks if not days before the start of ANH.....so cool!

I guess I was not the only one who saw this.....

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-bail-organa/

How cool would it be if we also see a new actress playing Leia for a brief cameo (she has already been shown in Rebels)...being dispatched by her "father" to Tatooine to seek out Obi-Wan (who, only known to Bail (perhaps also Mon Mothma and a few others), is in possession of "the new hope" aka the Rebellion's own secret weapon!)....This movie has the potential to move into the top three Star Wars movies of all time.....all it needs now is a scene with the Emperor doing or saying something badass (brief scene like in Empire would suffice)....oh, and throw in quick cameo of Boba Fett, alerting Vader that he has successfully attached the tracking device to the RO team's ship, and head's will explode! :o:lol:

This movie may apparently tie-in all Star Wars eras...PT - OT - ST (not sure how yet, but have a feeling it will...Snoke?)

Nice pictures but they were posted several months ago, back in January. Page 2 of this thread. ;)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 2 weeks later...

Having the front guns mounted so low down on the front of that tank is pretty silly, no way to elevate or depress them and looks like very limited side to side movement as well. So you'd basically have to move the whole tank to aim them. And why are the mounted so low, are they for shooting people in the ankles?

Oh well, at least it has additional guns mounted on the side it what look like rotating turrets.

Having the front guns mounted so low down on the front of that tank is pretty silly, no way to elevate or depress them and looks like very limited side to side movement as well. So you'd basically have to move the whole tank to aim them. And why are the mounted so low, are they for shooting people in the ankles?

Oh well, at least it has additional guns mounted on the side it what look like rotating turrets.

Are you suggesting that imperial ground assault doctrine may be lacking somehow?

I honestly thought the AT-AT and AT-ST established that all on their own. They should probably be applauded for giving this one a stable center of gravity instead of balancing it atop gangly, spindly, tripwire-sensitive legs.

maybe they're better at hitting ankles than torsos/heads?

Are you suggesting that imperial ground assault doctrine may be lacking somehow?

I honestly thought the AT-AT and AT-ST established that all on their own. They should probably be applauded for giving this one a stable center of gravity instead of balancing it atop gangly, spindly, tripwire-sensitive legs.

To be(kinda, somewhat, not really) fair, in the new canon, the battle of Hoth was the first time that had ever happened and was because one of the pilots in that battle was a high end Imperial Academy dropout. It's in Lost Stars.

Did it occur to you guys the tank in the picture is resting on the ground? If its normal hover height is 2-3 feet then the forward guns are at a normally perfect height.

in the shot in question there are explosions in the foreground [low left of the frame], behind the tank/archway the entire street is exploding, dust is flying up from [what I assume] are it's repulsor-lift systems... and both crew are unbuttoned and exposed!

if that tank is immobile/grounded it's either from damage, or Imperial troops are even less combat-capable than their hit-ratio throughout the saga would suggest...

OR: it's a composited promo shot which has no bearing on how it will function in the film; because promo material is only concerned with looking cool, not representing a sci-fi tank properly in any sort of fashion.

the "NOT FINAL" tag in the top-right corner tells me not to read too much into the vehicle's effectiveness based on the promo shot.