Hell yeah!!

Mon Mothma, proper ANH Star Destroyers, love the Imperial Alarm sound...which is always missing in the audio books (the use the Star Trek alarm) I think Diego Luna may be Biggs Darklighter, which would be awesome to me. ;)

Was hoping to see Vader, maybe in the next one. Can't wait! :)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Looks like it was film in 2016 instead of 1977. Reminds me of a big budget fan film. Could be good but the trailers lacks that force is all around us feeling. I see they got a few new Storm Trooper types. You have to get the Army Builders to buy new toys.

While there is stuff I liked in the teaser trailer (Yavin! Mon Mothma! Nostalgia!) it underwhelmed me the way the first TFA teaser did. And I get they're playing up the "Rey" angle here, but it's an ensemble story. I wish we had seen them together as a team. Also, no shots of the rumored "Rogue 1" ship.

Edited by Duke Togo

I am on board. For sure. It has enough to grab my interest and looks different in all the right ways. Also really great to see yet another female lead, though I suppose that could also be trend-casting too. But Felicity Jones is fairly dependable, so I'm hopefully this is a good choice. The dialogue is certainly fun; "I rebel". Love it :wub:

I have to say, it is bizarre to see a Star Wars film story that is not a trilogy, saga-like tale. This is definitely playing with the established Star Wars format. I suppose to some, that might feel like a bad thing. Star Wars mythic format is something that I suspect most film fans and Star Wars fans feel is inseparable from what makes Star Wars what it is. I can see some fans looking at this trailer and being disappointed because it feels like just another movie, without that feeling.

On the flip side, this is a welcome change as well. One of the best things about Star Wars is how larger, full, vibrant and lived-in that universe feels. Star Wars side-stories has been an itch I've wanted scratched for a very, VERY long time. The old Expanded Universe often provided exactly that to fans, with varying degrees of quality. I'm thrilled to see that we are getting those kinds of movies in the Star Wars world. While we are sure to see more than a fair share of duds, like all big franchises we will see a few brillaint gems pulled from the rubble, often in places where we least expected them (Guardians of the Galaxy).

I hope they let the imagination of some of these filmmakers run wild.

At first I thought they might be doing CGI de-aging on Mon Mothma, till I saw it on a bigger screen.

Is it me or are all the heroines similar in physical appearance to Carrie Fisher from the original Star Wars?

Edited by Mazinger

> Mon Mothma, proper ANH Star Destroyers, love the Imperial Alarm sound...

Yes, but what are they going to crash into... (the alarm is the collision alert sound for modern US navy - or at least was at the time of Empire Strikes Back, my brother in law looked up when he heard that and mentioned it, served in the navy)

I am optimistic. There, I said it.

Don't discount the Force making an appearance unless NO ONE says "I have a bad feeling about this."

I love the idea that this will be a self-contained story. Beginning, middle, end, all in one sitting. It's been a while.

Don't discount the Force making an appearance unless NO ONE says "I have a bad feeling about this."

Outside of the possibility of a Vader appearance, they've been pretty adamant about the fact that these people are operating in a world without Jedi. They have to do this on their own.

Loved the trailer! Had my jaw on the ground for a good 5 mins. My only gripe, is they need to dirty up those Star Destroyers in the space shot. They look too clean and "new", like freshly pressed new, not built new. Unless it's supposed to be that Caped Moff's ISD. He looks pretty sinister. Also wondering who the "sith" looking person is. And yeah, it looks like that one dude might be playing Biggs, but we wont know till later.
I'm excited for this! Can't wait!

Is it me or are all the heroines similar in physical appearance to Carrie Fisher from the original Star Wars?

I thought the same thing

Chris

Okay, I'll give the trailer a bit of credit. Despite some of the scenes taking place in EXACTLY the same locations as the original trilogy Gareth Edwards makes them feel new and different while being familiar. And for new At-At's towering over Palm trees looks cool.

Just noticed the star destroyer towers are ever so slightly different. Didn't notice or look for any other differences.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-07-at-8.14.51-AM.png

Also, looks like a life size ANH X-wing prop....not sure why I'm always obsessed with what happens to these props. BSG sold all their life size mock ups to private collectors rather than trashing them. It would be nice to know that the X-wings and Millenium Falcon from TFA and now new X-wings don't suffer the same fate as the original X-wings, Y-Wings and Falcon.

Edited by peter