Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Aaaaand the Battroid pics.........took me a good 30 minutes to get it to stay together.....this one was definitely more fidgety in battroid mode than the Sylvie model....I think I prefer the SAP in Gerwalk mode.....

gallery_12176_633_555369.jpg

gallery_12176_633_222321.jpg

gallery_12176_633_6677.jpg

gallery_12176_633_433295.jpg

gallery_12176_633_89668.jpg

gallery_12176_633_529152.jpg

gallery_12176_633_556933.jpg

gallery_12176_633_565918.jpg

gallery_12176_633_618001.jpg

gallery_12176_633_607865.jpg

gallery_12176_633_359022.jpg

gallery_12176_633_304123.jpg

gallery_12176_633_624449.jpg

gallery_12176_633_120110.jpg

gallery_12176_633_428376.jpg

gallery_12176_633_501484.jpg

gallery_12176_633_627493.jpg

gallery_12176_633_396514.jpg

gallery_12176_633_679579.jpg

gallery_12176_633_381165.jpg

gallery_12176_633_196678.jpg

gallery_12176_633_614188.jpg

Guess an ET VF-2J Icarus is all but a pipe dream now.........but perhaps it's for the best..... ;)

This toy LOOKS nice but if you have any experience with anything from Evolution Toys, you will know this is just par for the course with them. They make stuff that looks nice but the actual design and engineering is stone aged compared to a company like Bandai. On the positive side at least they didn't use magnets for the joints lol.

Yes.....but it's not easy....have to get the legs and feet just right to keep it from toppling over....

*snip*

Thanks for the images jvm. Quick question is there an additional leg armor piece where you can store the heavy rail gun-pod or is this only included in the Nexx/Sylvie release?

Thanks for the images jvm. Quick question is there an additional leg armor piece where you can store the heavy rail gun-pod or is this only included in the Nexx/Sylvie release?

No...that piece is apparently exclusive to the Nexx SAP combo....there is a pic of it in the instructions book.....

gallery_12176_633_685592.jpg

There is also an empty spot in the SAP Armor tray for what I assume is the heavy rail gun-pod....

gallery_12176_633_659939.jpg

Also....google translated this....

gallery_12176_633_328348.jpg

"Note armor to be given to both arms, those of the main of the blister is not used, should be used here"......huh? :wacko:

At first I thought maybe they were special arm armor to be used when in fighter mode.....that would have been the smart thing to do...to add some tabs on them...but nope...no tabs...they seem identical to the ones in the tray......and even if they did have tabs.....the leg armors do not, so there is no way of attaching the arms to the legs when wearing the SAP armor....it's even less "secured" than when it is naked!!! :blink: WTF???? Seriously ET??? Boneheads...... ;)

SAP Armor set has arrived! As a VF-2SS fan I am happy to finally have a VF-2SS SAP Toy and in 1/60 scale.

I'd give a review of some kind, but I'll leave that to the experts. Plus jvmacross pretty much summed up this toy with the Armor.

The Pros that I give this SAP Armor set are the following:

A) The stand is rather effective and holds the 2SS securely in Fighter mode with the Armor on.

B) The Armor attaches very securely to the 2SS, it is not floppy or loose.

C) The Antenna is kinda cool, it's rubbery not hard plastic so you'd actually have to try and break it.

D) Speaking of secure, be very gentle when putting the Arm Armor section on. Mine was very tight going on!

E) The Squires (Bits) actually act as a brace for the legs, so they're a nice bonus and helpful.

Overall I like it, yet when it's all said & done however this will be my only ET VF-2SS. Until Bandai or Arcadia come up with a vastly superior toy, these are not worth the heavy price tag. To get a Nexx & Fairly Squad you're looking at almost $600,00 + postage. That is just way too much for these.

Cons: This was made by Evolution Toys.

post-6180-0-15980900-1470334626_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-57832100-1470334633_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-56024300-1470334641_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-90820200-1470334649_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-10211900-1470334663_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-62218100-1470334670_thumb.jpg

Hi So did anyone figure out why there are 2 Arm Armors?

i have the sylvie and wondering if i should get the SAP armor or just buy a NEXX and use his armor? Someone said the NEXX is built so much better

The second set of Armor is a mystery to me. Also an extra Gunpod is included.

You'll probably have to get a Nexx for the Armor, the separate SAP sets are sold out for now. Mandrake maybe...

The second set of Armor is a mystery to me. Also an extra Gunpod is included.

You'll probably have to get a Nexx for the Armor, the separate SAP sets are sold out for now. Mandrake maybe...

Thank you for the Reply!!

I picked up the armor at playasia if anyone else is interested. a little pricey but way cheaper than buying another Vf2-ss lol

Thank you for the Reply!!

I picked up the armor at playasia if anyone else is interested. a little pricey but way cheaper than buying another Vf2-ss lol

Anytime! Glad you were able to find a set of SAP Armor. That's actually a good price, pretty close to what HLJ charged.

When you get your Armor in take some pics. B))

SAP Armor set has arrived! As a VF-2SS fan I am happy to finally have a VF-2SS SAP Toy and in 1/60 scale.

I'd give a review of some kind, but I'll leave that to the experts. Plus jvmacross pretty much summed up this toy with the Armor.

The Pros that I give this SAP Armor set are the following:

A) The stand is rather effective and holds the 2SS securely in Fighter mode with the Armor on.

B) The Armor attaches very securely to the 2SS, it is not floppy or loose.

C) The Antenna is kinda cool, it's rubbery not hard plastic so you'd actually have to try and break it.

D) Speaking of secure, be very gentle when putting the Arm Armor section on. Mine was very tight going on!

E) The Squires (Bits) actually act as a brace for the legs, so they're a nice bonus and helpful.

Overall I like it, yet when it's all said & done however this will be my only ET VF-2SS. Until Bandai or Arcadia come up with a vastly superior toy, these are not worth the heavy price tag. To get a Nexx & Fairly Squad you're looking at almost $600,00 + postage. That is just way too much for these.

Cons: This was made by Evolution Toys.

Thanks also for your review Airborne. ;) Can't wait to see mine. Wonder why there's an extra arm pack.

Thanks also for your review Airborne. ;) Can't wait to see mine. Wonder why there's an extra arm pack.

No problemo! Maybe you can solve the mystery! :lol:

I checked the ones in the box and the two extras, looked the same to me. Possibly one set fits better than the others? :unsure:

Last I checked, the weapon was stored/attached on the leg armor?!?!

For Nexx, yes....although maybe his SAP combo also comes with the regular gun....did anyone get the Nexx to confirm?

For the stand-alone SAP and the Faerie Squadron combo set....the regular gun can be stored within either arm armor....

gallery_12176_633_184675.jpg

gallery_12176_633_679579.jpg

Anytime! Glad you were able to find a set of SAP Armor. That's actually a good price, pretty close to what HLJ charged.

When you get your Armor in take some pics. B))

Thank you! yes i will get some pics taken when it arrives. I do have to admit it looks way better with the SAP armor.

What are those armor parts you put on the stand (sides of the valk) suppose to be? the ones that look like fold boosters? i don't remember seeing those in the anime

This toy LOOKS nice but if you have any experience with anything from Evolution Toys, you will know this is just par for the course with them. They make stuff that looks nice but the actual design and engineering is stone aged compared to a company like Bandai. On the positive side at least they didn't use magnets for the joints lol.

They should've utilized their forte on magnets for this toy as a locking device.

Thank you! yes i will get some pics taken when it arrives. I do have to admit it looks way better with the SAP armor.

What are those armor parts you put on the stand (sides of the valk) suppose to be? the ones that look like fold boosters? i don't remember seeing those in the anime

Yes. VF-2SS looks better with SAP. The parts you're referring to is called Squires. It's a auto-attack bits. Think of it like Gundam's attack funnels/bits.

Okay. Looks like the ones in the blister pack arms are the revised ones. There are tabs in the side where the gunpod can be stored. The older one is lower and more forward and doesn't do squat to hold it closed whereas the newer one is higher, more towards the rear and holds it closed.

Edit: I wished they put a revised VF-2SS in a blister pack too while they're at it.

Edited by wmkjr

I take back what I said about holding it closed. On the ones I got, they both close fine. Though the revised one has a "click" sound when it's closed and it's closed pretty securely. It's trying to open them. The old ones I can just grab the sides to open it while the newer one I need to use my fingernail to open it. Also, the lids themselves got a redo.

Edit: Revised on the left, older on the right.

post-7577-0-72976400-1470355490_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Ok. So I'm confused, what's the revisions again on those both arm packs? Which one to use? The one on the big tray or the small pack? And if so, was the fix only because of the Gunpod?

You want clicking arm armor....use the ones in the separate blister pack....

No clicking....use the ones in the tray....

Either one holds the gun pod just fine.....

It makes no sense....

You want clicking arm armor....use the ones in the separate blister pack....

No clicking....use the ones in the tray....

Either one holds the gun pod just fine.....

It makes no sense....

Thanks jvmacross. ;) All the while I thought the one in the blister pack has tabs to secure the legs and arms in Fighter mode. :wacko:

Anyways, got the package today at work. Will open it once I get home.