Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

I don't mind the delay as long that they will fix some of the flaw from the first release. I'm not expecting a big overhaul or big changes just those locking tabs and a way to lock the legs with the arms during Fighter mode. And also any delays is good too since we can save more, budget-wise. Hehehe. :lol:

I don't mind the delay as long that they will fix some of the flaw from the first release. I'm not expecting a big overhaul or big changes just those locking tabs and a way to lock the legs with the arms during Fighter mode. And also any delays is good too since we can save more, budget-wise. Hehehe. :lol:

Some fixes and changes would be a good thing. And time to save some extra $$$ is a plus for me too! B))

Same delay happened with the Silvie.....now they have a much better idea of demand (lower?)....so maybe the release dates for the Faerie and Nexx were probably pushed back due to needing the extra time to figure those production numbers out....maybe a lower production number for the SAP combos will help them sell-out and not become clearance fodder for the retailers?

Same delay happened with the Silvie.....now they have a much better idea of demand (lower?)....so maybe the release dates for the Faerie and Nexx were probably pushed back due to needing the extra time to figure those production numbers out....maybe a lower production number for the SAP combos will help them sell-out and not become clearance fodder for the retailers?

That made sense, that way they will keep the price up.

Finally I was able to finish the stickers that I was missing for the Battroid mode, this is the result.[/size]

13335762_10208454216426617_5456911541510

*snip*

That looks nice! At first, I didn't noticed the yellow and black streak along the head. Nice touch. ;)

once again I believe cutting the tabs on the chest plate improve the battroid look
and for the people they worry the fighter mode attached a picture
the fighter mode not lock very well even with the tabs so is not a big loss

I think I'll try this with mine, looks much better without the tabs!

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled my VF-2SS Nexx because of this. Will just wait for it to go on sale. :D

Logically, this makes sense. My only concern would be if Evolution Toys figured out the true demand for their product via it's retailers and decides to modify the production numbers of their next batches of VF-2SS's into much lower numbers to avoid forcing their retail partners into "clearance sales"....

The VF-2SS Silvie Gena is for 12,800 ($122) at AmiAmi. I think even at that price it's not worth it. It needs to be around the $70 mark to justify the crappy design and build. Maybe than i'll pick it up.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012829&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate3%3D986%24s_saleitem%3D1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Hmm...Shockwave is for 9,800 yen. Now that I may get.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-014210&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate3%3D986%24s_saleitem%3D1%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Edited by Muzaffar

I guess I should've waited a little longer before buying this massive disappointment of a toy, and I got it at 42% off at that. One thing is for sure, subsequent releases will not be purchased until they hit at least the 50% off, or less, mark. It's too bad that the VF-2SS got relegated to being designed and produced by such an incompetent team/company... at least when it comes to transforming toys. I shudder at the thought of what they'll do with a VF-2JA (not likely it will ever happen based on the VF-2SS's reception) or their recently announced MOSPEADA line (if that even come to fruition). Maybe they ET should just quit now before they embarrass themselves further.

Well it's always possible that they could improve. Look at yamato's early releases compared to their final product. But yeah i cancelled my NEXX preorder at HLJ today. Not sure how i'm going to cancel my amiami fairy squadron preorder. I don't want to piss them off and have them cancel my other preorders with them.

Try to email them and ask if you could cancel one. I did the same on my Faerie PO before. I guess, if you have good track record with them for buying stuff, they will cancel it. But expect that they still warn you for any more future cancellation, they will suspend your account. There's no harm in trying sir. ;)

Just got my order delivered. I gotta say, I really don't think it's all that bad. Could it be better? Sure, but I'm happy with it. Though, part of that may be because I went straight to battroid :p.

I just got mine today along with a VF-4G from the recent HLJ sale. The difference in perceived quality between the two after handling both briefly is humorously large.

I hope that the SAP pack improves my feelings on the toy, because - even at 42% off (and even if I'd gotten it for 50% off from Ami Ami) and really low expectations after reading this thread - I'm highly disappointed in the Fighter mode. I know that Battroid mode is where the toy is supposed to "shine," so maybe after transforming it I'll feel better about the buy.

You get the feeling the Nexx version won't be out by its release date.

Or maybe it is a sales tactic so people don't know before the release of the Nexx version how terrible the SAP Pack is. I have the Nexx version on preorder and I thought I wait for a review on the Faerie Squadron version to see if any changes are made and if the SAP Pack has an (positive or negative) impact on the toy. With no idea what I'm getting for the (very very very) high asking price by ET I'm probably gonna cancel my preorder.