Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

thanx tochiro for the update/pics.

Cultural differences are definitely there in terms of inquiry edicit ...regardless whether western MW members understand it or not.

Awesome bits of information. I'm actually quite owning one VF-2SS with SAP and one without. The reason being that they different color variations don't have any mold differences (I assume). So it adds variety to the shelf.

The only thing I hope for in a SAP release would be it has to have as many gimmicks as possible. Opening missile bays, slide out rail guns, etc.

Looking at this line-art picture from the MacrossMechaManual:

vf-2ss-heavyrailgundetails.gif

That looks rad. :D

Thank you Tochiro for taking the time to talk to them and share it with us.

I can definitely understand their caution with this toy. I'm still surprised anyone is trying anything Macross II since it's always kind of been the red-headed stepchild of the Macross universe.

I wish them lots of luck and success and I look forward to getting that "preorder processing" email. :D

Thanks Tochiro so much for relaying your conversation.

I love this MacII design so much - it was the thing that got me back into Macross after all those years! I really love the VF-2SS... but the aircraft mode is everything too me and the reason I love the VF-2SS is the sleekness and the unique nose. I'm finding it really hard to like this toy (even thought I'm really trying!), the aircraft proportions are just so wrong, the nose needs to be wider, more "sculpted", the heat-shield needs to blend better, instead of making a "double" hump from the canopy and the leg/intakes are just so chunky. I've followed this thread with so much interest but just couldn't get myself to pre-order or even contribute anything till now. Sorry, its not really a contribution, just my personal gripes with the current design. The Battriod mode is looking better the more I see the pictures though.

When the toys first came out, my fantasy wish was for a VF-4 and a VF-2SS - but I secretly knew it would never happen! Well, 50% of it just proved me wrong, so now I'll never say never when it comes to Macross Toys. :p

Oh, apologies! The modeling looks top notch BTW :)

That is some impressive dimensions at 1/60 that's for sure! Can you post some photos?

My apologies in advance for the extremely crappy photos... but they'll get the point across, vis-à-vis the relative size compared to the 1/100 kit [the whole PBC -- or is it a rail gun? -- is 10" (254 mm) long].

post-664-0-55536200-1438122340_thumb.jpgpost-664-0-21001800-1438122351_thumb.jpgpost-664-0-02192500-1438122358_thumb.jpgpost-664-0-27829000-1438122363_thumb.jpgpost-664-0-82323100-1438122367_thumb.jpg

Excellent update Tochiro. Everyone's talking about the business model, but I'm just glad that what we're seeing isn't the final product. Hopefully, they'll take the tabs comment to heart, because that's the biggest issue I have with this release. I can live with the rest...

Am I the only one that thinks the gap and thickness between the wings and the legs are too much? Looks so fat?

I think the wings should be moved up into the body and then the legs up more to where the wing currently sits.

gallery_12728_523_60171.jpg

D.jpg

Edited by IIymij

So is that blue one above the resin model in 1/72 scale or something else?

Edited by NZEOD

Thanks for the updates and photo, Tochiro. I'm just glad that somebody did a transformable Macross II Valk in 1/60 form. I just hope in the end if ever this didn't work out on them (e.g. poor sales), I hope they offer the SAP Pack option via web order like Yamato did on the VF-4G. Then everyone will be happy. ^_^

My apologies in advance for the extremely crappy photos... but they'll get the point across, vis-à-vis the relative size compared to the 1/100 kit [the whole PBC -- or is it a rail gun? -- is 10" (254 mm) long].

attachicon.gifimage 01.JPGattachicon.gifimage 02.JPGattachicon.gifimage 03.JPGattachicon.gifimage 04.JPGattachicon.gifimage 05.JPG

HDjJu.gif

And a MASSIVE thanks to Tochiro!!! Thank you dude :) The closer pics are great, nice to see some of the details.

I agree with some of the poster's comments about proportions etc, but i'm giving these guys some slack - Macross fans are a hard bunch to please sometimes - but still a billion times better than TF fans :- /

Personally, I would have implemented some things here and there differently and altered the proportions/details/sharpness - but this is what we have, I like it more than I hate it - so I'm going to get it.

I for one am supporting Evolution toys by preordering/buying one of these guys over a Bandai or Arcadia release (they've both gotten my fair share of money) - I'm short on funds atm, and I'd rather see the continuation and encouragement of new challengers to the Macross toy arena.

Hopefully the the success of this VF-2SS will see the SAP (+ Nexx!?) come out. Then by that time when Evolution Toys are a success - they'll hire me to design their VF-2JA :p

Thanks to Tochiro for the great new photos.

Definitely keeping my two preorders.

Nothing surprising with the information they gave Tochiro, pretty much standard for a small Japanese toy company (especially one dabbling in Macross......hahahaha).

Graham

Besides being ugly, my main concern with the chest tabs in their current design is that the look like a break point just waiting to happen.

The rectangular tag really needs to be extended down longer and lower, so that there is more of it on the back of the chest plate.

post-11-0-30667800-1438136743_thumb.jpg

@kurisama! That animation is epic funny! =D

And I caved and pre ordered one through NY.. just for the sake of it! ;) but with the "pay later" option.

Having a look at those close up pics a few posts back its kinda looking somewhat ok.. Im hoping the final product will be a lot more refined. Fingers crossed eh!

At the moment, there is only about a milimeter of material connecting those tabs to the chest plate and its an obvious point for a stress fracture as is.

Whether you handle it roughly or as gente as a newborn, it will be a case of "when" not "if that tab breaks, unless Evolution reinforce it.

Yes im sure they'll be a few "when not if" moments. Im glad im not one to handle my Valks very much!

Its very VF-1esque isnt it! Very much a futuristic evolution of the original but certainly not what you'd expect from the 2090's as per the anime. Its more like what the F-22 is compared to the F-15.

Guest davidwhangchoi

been out the game for a minute, but will probably get back into it and pre-order the VF-2SS.

thanks for the updates and pics Tochiro - they def helped my decision.

i really hope they eventually come out with the SAP - bundle or not!

good to see you back on MW :)

@kurisama! That animation is epic funny! =D

And I caved and pre ordered one through NY.. just for the sake of it! ;) but with the "pay later" option.

Having a look at those close up pics a few posts back its kinda looking somewhat ok.. Im hoping the final product will be a lot more refined. Fingers crossed eh!

Good to know you gave in to the VF-2SS, Spanner. Welcome to the club. ;)

With your initial reaction on this valk, I wonder why you choose NY over HLJ? ^_^ Atleast with HLJ, you can literally 'cancel'. With NY, even though it's a 'pay later', still you're oblige to purchase the item. By the way, HLJ charge you when the item is ready to ship as same as NY. ;)

Hey Noel,

Yeah i have done a considerable amount of ordering from NY with extremely minimal cancellations so they have never expressed an issue when i have had to do so. Im not particularly worried and I'll most likely proceed with the purchase of it anyways.. Hey how bad could it be right!? Considering there have been a few shockers in the past..

Well. I know Macross II gets derided a lot around here (last I was here). But anything new out of Macross II was a longshot in happening, much less a VF-2SS, which I love. Wish the armor came with it, but I'll take 1 victory at a time.

Confused by the criticism on the business side of things. If there is no interest in a product then why would a company make refinements to it and try again? Especially with a M2 property? Oh they want to make money, how horrible of a business! They are making future business plans around this property if it proves to be profitable, what a bunch of devils! You guys... :rolleyes:

I for one am happy that all we have seen is a non final prototype and are getting news that they are still refining it. We have the ear of a person who is talking to them during the refinement stage, that's awesome! Thanks Tochiro! I am excited that the fighter mode is getting refined as that was a bit weak in my opinion. If they are considering the tabs as well then bonus!

Hey Noel,

Yeah i have done a considerable amount of ordering from NY with extremely minimal cancellations so they have never expressed an issue when i have had to do so. Im not particularly worried and I'll most likely proceed with the purchase of it anyways.. Hey how bad could it be right!? Considering there have been a few shockers in the past..

I don't think any 'bad' things will come out on this Valk. Fingers crossed. Hehehe. :lol:

Yeah, I bought a lot of stuff too with NY. Even the last minute preorder madness with the first mark up price. ;) But this time I just selected HLJ just in case there will be a problem with the valk, which we already know that it will be made by a different company, I just want to have that security feeling that if there will be a problem I can approach the customer service with ease. Or last resort, I can just cancel the whole thing. Anyways, I'm just happy that we will get a 1/60 VF-2SS. ^_^

Just a reminder of how WM Cheng showed his love: A or B.

Thanks for sharing the links. Never saw that before. And those are magnificent. :wub: