Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Hey guys, so I am looking at the pictures again of the Green striped 2SS, anyone see something interesting about those legs??

Look how they are further off to the side than the previous three releases. Possible ET made more improvements? Compare it to the Silvie type.

post-6180-0-02784900-1471670104_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-71338900-1471670313_thumb.jpg

Hehehe. :lol: I'm pretty much forgiving actually. If ever they're going to make a V2 out of it and make it more superior than the first one when it comes to sleekiness, quality, accuracy, sturdiness, then yeah, I'm willing to pay the same amount as the first release. And to make it worth just throw those SAP packs altogether as a freebie. So that we'll take them seriously. ;)

To be honest, this situation reminds me of the first VF-0S. :)

Hey valhary, any chance you can post some pics of Nexx & Fairy from a solid Side, top & bottom view? Just want to compare the difference between mine & what you have.

So far all the pics online are taken from angels. Thank you! B))

That's for Nexx's gunpod. The Fairy and standalone SAP doesn't have anything. They all share the same packing tray. Pg 62 and 63 has pics of the tray layout's for Fairy and Nexx.

Edit: Correction, the standalone has a grey gunpod vs the black one. Thank you Sandman for pointing that out. (I probably went "meh" then threw it back in the box and forgot about it)

Edited by wmkjr

So I finally got the Fairy version with SAP on Friday. Is there supposed to be a gun in with the SAP parts where there is an empty space in mine? I just want to double check before having to deal with Amiami support. :(

No%20gun_zpshz0i5eqi.jpg

I do not have Nexx yet, but I believe that empty space is for his exclusive gun....

That's for Nexx's gunpod. The Fairy and standalone SAP doesn't have anything. They all share the same packing tray.

I do not have Nexx yet, but I believe that empty space is for his exclusive gun....

Okay, thanks guys. :)

Hey guys, so I am looking at the pictures again of the Green striped 2SS, anyone see something interesting about those legs??

Look how they are further off to the side than the previous three releases. Possible ET made more improvements? Compare it to the Silvie type.

As much as I would like to believe that ET made improvements for the greenie....I think it is just the camera angle....the Nexx and Faerie front cover of the boxes is a straight top down view....it is exactly the same as the Sylvie....I think the green one will be the same if it ever gets released....

gallery_12176_633_315770.jpg

gallery_12176_633_45400.jpg

gallery_12176_633_397496.jpg

Thanks for those pics jvmacross! Blast those sneaky camera angle shots. :lol:

How is your Faerie squadron holding out, all good?

Well...I really like the SAP-equipped gerwalk...but I ended up going with the battroid.....just looks too cool with the SAP.....so far so good and unless it starts disintegrating without touching it, I think it will stay as a nice display for a long time....

Got the standalone sap pack finally. Tried to revert the vf-2ss to fighter to put on the sap.......holy f*ck. That was frustrating.

So I finally got the Fairy version with SAP on Friday. Is there supposed to be a gun in with the SAP parts where there is an empty space in mine? I just want to double check before having to deal with Amiami support. :(

No%20gun_zpshz0i5eqi.jpg

The standalone pack comes with an extra normal gunpod in grey rather than black.

the fairy comes with the same gunpod than silvie only change the color plastic in grey instead of black and come with the gun space in the SAP container

meanwhile nexx version brings the gunpod in the SAP and lacks regular gunpod in the fighter container

this makes evolution toys look so miserly

moving on I hope this pictures clarify the doubt I use the silvie version thas is the weaker for probe the SAP+stand gives relative stability

maybe the problem is the incorrect leg angle in this case is very similar to the vf 1 totally straight without SAP and and slightly angled with SAP

post-3872-0-90332200-1471821385_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-59523700-1471821415_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-58133000-1471821462_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-75105000-1471821510_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-91943900-1471821535_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-46247900-1471821550_thumb.png

I think i'm done with this. Over the last few days i've spent hours fiddling with it to try pose and put sap parts on it. Seriously the most frustrating experience since some of the older toynomi/early yamato stuff. As much as i always wanted a vf-2ss i don't need the aggravation. I think i'm going to sell it. I wounder if i can get a decent price for it?

I fixed my fairy version applying superglue to the chest connector that serving in fighter mode for connect the legs and for gerwalk/battroid to lock the shoulders (only glazed not glue)

so if you decided do it is under your own risk!

because if thickens too much and become so tight is almost sure will break during a future transformation

post-3872-0-85986100-1471892004_thumb.png

I fixed my fairy version applying superglue to the chest connector that serving in fighter mode for connect the legs and for gerwalk/battroid to lock the shoulders (only glazed not glue)

so if you decided do it is under your own risk!

because if thickens too much and become so tight is almost sure will break during a future transformation

So far I have not had this issue....the connection between the legs and arms is still my biggest gripe....however, I could certainly understand the hate poured on ET's -2SS if this has also failed on several collector's samples....that piece is the only thing holding the legs to the rest of the valk in fighter mode... ;)

No issues, so far, for me either. I'm enjoying this version more than the previous version.

I also wish that they had updated the arm to leg connection but one thing I did notice in the last few days is that they added a new 'L' shaped connector at the shoulder that attaches to the underside of the chest when in fighter mode. So even if/when the arm comes unpegged from the leg the arm still stays in place better than before. Which is good since they eliminated the arm to leg connection when the SAP is attached.

I appreciate what they were trying to do I just hate what they've done.

This. THIS SO MUCH.

I've only got the Sylvie version; for people with other versions, are there connectors and refinements Sylvie's doesn't have? It's a floppy mess!

Also, something I encountered with the standalone SAP: if you dare open the gunpod door on the arm armor, you'll never get it to stay closed again. :( I'm considering embedding magnets in them and the legs just so the thing will hold together, but I'm thinking it'll be more worthwhile to just sell it off.

Edited by mph2501

This. THIS SO MUCH.

I've only got the Sylvie version; for people with other versions, are there connectors and refinements Sylvie's doesn't have? It's a floppy mess!

Also, something I encountered with the standalone SAP: if you dare open the gunpod door on the arm armor, you'll never get it to stay closed again. :( I'm considering embedding magnets in them and the legs just so the thing will hold together, but I'm thinking it'll be more worthwhile to just sell it off.

In fighter mode, there were not enough improvements to make a difference...it still will not lock in place between the arm/leg area......in all fairness, it has always been pretty solid in Gerwalk and Battroid modes....and that continues with the latest versions....

As for the SAP arm armor's gun bay door.....there was a second set of arm armor included...it was packed separately in a small box...did yours not come with them? The second set has a redesigned locking tab that will keep it locked when closed.....

ET should have come up with a way to use magnets to keep the arms attached to the legs when in fighter mode....missed opportunity to have implemented their magnet expertise I suppose....

Edited by jvmacross

Well...I really like the SAP-equipped gerwalk...but I ended up going with the battroid.....just looks too cool with the SAP.....so far so good and unless it starts disintegrating without touching it, I think it will stay as a nice display for a long time....

That is good to hear, the 2SS gerwalk is not the greatest thing ever, but looks vicious with the SAP attached! Since I am planning moving in the next month or so I had to start boxing everything up, but when I am in my new place I'll keep mine in Battroid as well. The little stand squires do help keep it stable in fighter mode, yet Battroid looks best.

Sure wish the model masters here would have made some of those Intake covers to hide those swing bars, Instant buy for me! B))

• 4 weeks later...

Veef just posted his video-review of the Nexx variant:

https://youtu.be/DveNO7DQYPM

Good review, nice to know that ET attempted some improvements on this toy with those extra tabs. Really wish they had made some detachable cover to hide those swing bars in both fighter & gerwalk mode. I don't mind taking 5 seconds out of my day to pop them off & on.

Fingers crossed for Bandai or Arcadia to come through some day!

Thanks for sharing this. ;) I was watching it earlier, and was hoping that the Nexx is a good buy somehow. But after listening towards the end, I was like, yeah, better wait for discount. :rolleyes:

Black Friday....you're our only hope!

30% off at AmiAmi last I checked....need 40% to seriously contemplate....50% to pull the trigger..... :p