Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Sadly, I got my Nexx version, and the leg attachment for the SAP had two left side attachments, making it impossible for me to attach the right leg. It's not a big deal, as I'm able to return it and get a new one with all my shipping covered and whatnot, but from what I did handle of it, it is connecting better in the leg and arm section of fighter. That being said, I hate the rear wing/backpack pieces, and how they're designed. While those connect much better as well, the thought of them being connected by a tiny screw that SHALL get loose, is just ridiculous. It should've been a stronger plastic, with metal going throughout the length of it at least (even better would've been a hinge/hybrid system for it to lock into multiple areas). I love it, but I hate it. I hate to love it because it's so bad, but I guess that's better than loving to hate it. Not worth the money I paid for it, but I don't expect to ever have these toys again. Macross II is just an odd toy line. Maybe if they stick with non transforming mecha, I can deal with that.

Sadly, I got my Nexx version, and the leg attachment for the SAP had two left side attachments, making it impossible for me to attach the right leg. It's not a big deal, as I'm able to return it and get a new one with all my shipping covered and whatnot, but from what I did handle of it, it is connecting better in the leg and arm section of fighter. That being said, I hate the rear wing/backpack pieces, and how they're designed. While those connect much better as well, the thought of them being connected by a tiny screw that SHALL get loose, is just ridiculous. It should've been a stronger plastic, with metal going throughout the length of it at least (even better would've been a hinge/hybrid system for it to lock into multiple areas). I love it, but I hate it. I hate to love it because it's so bad, but I guess that's better than loving to hate it. Not worth the money I paid for it, but I don't expect to ever have these toys again. Macross II is just an odd toy line. Maybe if they stick with non transforming mecha, I can deal with that.

Good thing you can get a return/exchange on it. I sure wish these VF's were a lot cheaper. I'd certainly get a Nexx, at least it sounds like he's a better build!

Maybe one day Bandai or Arcadia will see that there is a market for a VF-2SS........ Line accurate, VF-0S quality!

I received fairy and confirmed the best quality is nexx version even both are made in the same new plastic

nexx feels more tight I mean lock better in fighter mode

something that been missed is the neck can spread very slightly but this improves the appearance of battroid mode

post-3872-0-44034200-1470786687_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-10804000-1470786717_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-49921200-1470786874_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-55204600-1470786904_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-41202100-1470787358_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-16149500-1470787944_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-52558200-1470787964_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-64618000-1470788008_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-47319500-1470788046_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-00870400-1470788144_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-47052500-1470788160_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-48937900-1470788202_thumb.jpg

post-3872-0-63407000-1470788276_thumb.jpg

I received fairy and confirmed the best quality is nexx version even both are made in the same new plastic

nexx feels more tight I mean lock better in fighter mode

something that been missed is the neck can spread very slightly but this improves the appearance of battroid mode

In what way that Nexx locks better in fighter mode? From what I understand, the arm pack covers the tab that locks the arm to the leg. With the arm pack on, basically, the arms and legs are just hanging without connectors to any part of the body. Thanks. :)

I noticed that you already cut those chest tabs. Looks nice. :)

By the way guys, no words yet on when the Nexx will be on sale? ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Maybe as in fighter mode without the SAP?

I'm waiting on a sale for the Nexx too! :)

Ah. I missed that. So in naked VF-2SS it locks pretty well.

As much I would hate to admit it, I will still buy another VF-2SS/SAP which is Nexx as long that is on a sale. ;)

nexx and fairy are basically the same

the small difference are in the fighter mode the legs connector holes and the connector arms of nexx locks better so is a little more solid and carry without problems the SAP

while in fairy the addition of the SAP add enought weight to unplug the left leg

only for clarify I speak only for my issues

I do not know if this happen in each of one of them maybe other members can confirm or refuse my words

For me, I have not been able to determine any difference between Nexx or Fairy. They both seem to have the same improvements over Sylvie and do lock together better (without the SAP). With the SAP you do lose the ability to tab the arms to the legs in fighter mode (better hope those ratchet joints hold out).

Ah. I missed that. So in naked VF-2SS it locks pretty well.

As much I would hate to admit it, I will still buy another VF-2SS/SAP which is Nexx as long that is on a sale. ;)

If you at least felt that Sylvie was OK but flawed I think you will appreciate the improvements that they made. If you felt that Sylvie was nothing but an exercise in frustration and a waste of money then I doubt the improvements they made were significant enough to change your mind.

*snip*

If you at least felt that Sylvie was OK but flawed I think you will appreciate the improvements that they made. If you felt that Sylvie was nothing but an exercise in frustration and a waste of money then I doubt the improvements they made were significant enough to change your mind.

No doubt, it will. :rolleyes: But like I said earlier, on a 'sale' price. :lol:

Just update this thread with VF-2SS SALE link, I'm IN! B))

So did you have to make any modifications with the Fairy Squadron to get the legs to stay like that in fighter mode? Or does actually lock up that well as you have pictured?

Thank you for letting us know about the SMS stand, good to know! B))

So did you have to make any modifications with the Fairy Squadron to get the legs to stay like that in fighter mode? Or does actually lock up that well as you have pictured?

Thank you for letting us know about the SMS stand, good to know! B))

For me, both the fairy and Nexx legs extend straight back in fighter mode, unlike Sylvie which droops down. It really helps to give a slimmer, sleeker profile.

For me, both the fairy and Nexx legs extend straight back in fighter mode, unlike Sylvie which droops down. It really helps to give a slimmer, sleeker profile.

That is good news for me, if HLJ does put these on sale I'll pick them up!

Makes you wonder if the Green stripe VF-2SS will have any further improvements!

in the specific case of my fairy I had to apply superglue on the legs/chest connector of the left side because came a little loose (unglued only glazed) and actually works very well and as you can see the chest tabs are not required the metal bar does all the work

For those who've been on the fence about this toy, HLJ has the Silvie 2SS as part of their weekly sale for 15k yen (60% retail): http://hlj.com/product/EVT57191/Act

The sale in general: http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?ItemGroup=WEEKLY20160815

I'm more interested on the Riobot Sahelanthropus price than the VF-2SS. :lol:

Question on people who have Nexx or Faerie releases, does the leg rest in striaght position in fighter mode than in Silvie which is somehow a little crooked?

might go a pickup that 15,200 Sentinel Sahelanthropus instead.

Question on people who have Nexx or Faerie releases, does the leg rest in striaght position in fighter mode than in Silvie which is somehow a little crooked?

Agreed. I was just hoping to distract you all with the 2SS so that I could have that Sahelanthropus to myself. :D

Agreed. I was just hoping to distract you all with the 2SS so that I could have that Sahelanthropus to myself. :D

It's all yours, my friend. ;) I just felt the price is so irresistible. But I have a lot of PO's to think about first. :lol:

I'll wait for the others to go on sale,, might go a pickup that 15,200 Sentinel Sahelanthropus instead.

Looking at Makeys Guardia on my desk..... looking at the Sahelanthropus on the sale site.... I've made the right decision, I've made the right decision....

That radar "dish" looks dumb!!!

Not quite sure, are you asking something different about the legs than this response?

While i was just reading this thread, i remembered i had pre-ordered the sap pack for the Slyvie release. It hadn't been delivered yet so i checked the amiami shipping email. It was shipped on the 4th but had not left tokyo till the 11th. WTF. It sat at the post office for a week. That is bullshit.

Though i did walk away from my amiami preorders of Nexx and Fairy. Bad karma i guess but i just couldn't pull the trigger on those two. Just couldn't do it.

Not quite sure, are you asking something different about the legs than this response?

Yes. I know ET toy is not anime accurate anymore but it's more of a question if the leg is straight now in perpendicular to the body in Nexx/Faerie than crooked (in angle) when you look from the top in fighter mode?

Yes. I know ET toy is not anime accurate anymore but it's more of a question if the leg is straight now in perpendicular to the body in Nexx/Faerie than crooked (in angle) when you look from the top in fighter mode?

I don't have the Sylvie in front of me to do a direct comparison but going off of memory I do not believe that the outward angle when viewed from the top was improved. They still do not point straight back.

I don't have the Sylvie in front of me to do a direct comparison but going off of memory I do not believe that the outward angle when viewed from the top was improved. They still do not point straight back.

I see. Thank you sir. ;)