Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Two things:

1. I hope the armor securely attaches to the body.

2. I hope they fixed the tolerances of the locking tabs.

^^^^^

1. There is a definite hope, may it not be floppy.

2. If ET has made any changes to the locking tabs they're doing a shoddy job at telling us.

Two things:

1. I hope the armor securely attaches to the body.

2. I hope they fixed the tolerances of the locking tabs.

I'm definitely not going to have No.2 since I just ordered the SAP Stand Alone Set. But still hoping that No.1 is acceptable on my VF-2SS Silvie.

Saw a picture on twitter from a Japanese fan and I didn't know the stand can display some of the fast pack bits in the air. I would also like to note I think the owner said that there has been some small improvements in the body. :)

Links? Small improvements? Out of curiosity, did he try to compare which are which?

As for the Squire Bits on a display stand, I think I posted one pic from the previous page from Dengeki site:

1192.jpg

The one in the middle shows the bits attached to the display stand.

I'm definitely not going to have No.2 since I just ordered the SAP Stand Alone Set. But still hoping that No.1 is acceptable on my VF-2SS Silvie.

Links? Small improvements? Out of curiosity, did he try to compare which are which?

As for the Squire Bits on a display stand, I think I posted one pic from the previous page from Dengeki site:

The one in the middle shows the bits attached to the display stand.

Here is the link to the twitter post: https://twitter.com/muko037/status/759331228528971776

I also talked to another friend who purchased the Nexx release and had the old Silvie release and he said the Nexx release has tighter joints, better tolerances and parts fit. Furthermore, he also mentioned some gap issues from the Silvie release were fixed on Nexx. :D

Edited by SuperHobo

Whoo... HobbyLink Japan just billed for the Nex Gilbert VF-2SS, the Faerie Platoon VF-2SS, and the Super Armed Pack for the Sylvie Gena VF-2SS all at once.

Considering I was down for a Nex, three Faerie Platoon units, and SAP systems for the two Sylvies I already have, that HURT.

Here is the link to the twitter post: https://twitter.com/muko037/status/759331228528971776

I also talked to another friend who purchased the Nexx release and had the old Silvie release and he said the Nexx release has tighter joints, better tolerances and parts fit. Furthermore, he also mentioned some gap issues from the Silvie release were fixed on Nexx. :D

Thank you sir. ;) But I don't think it's worth to spend another $250 just to try it out again. Hehehe. :lol:

Sure, they're not major cosmetic fixes, but these fixes go a long way of making it a better toy to handle.

True. And thanks for this updates. ;) But for me I guess, this time I'll wait for it to go on sale before trying it out again. To be honest, as much as I like to have a tight VF-2SS, getting that first release is an eye opener for me. Besides the irregularities of locking tabs and fighter mode that doesn't hold properly, months of having it in Battroid mode inside the cabinet and hold it again for the second time, still gave me a loose elbow joint. I barely touched the figure since I left it in the cabinet. So even if this run out or sold out, I'm not going to feel bad at all for missing it. Anyways, don't mind me. ;) I might just save for their upcoming Legioss instead. Hehehe. :lol:

Here are the highlighted areas where Evol modified or fixed. The hips swing bars were clearly modified and the other pictures are of the arm and leg pegs being fixed for a tighter connection.

CopegUXVYAErowO.jpg

I think the changes on the metal bar is not the swivel joint. Checking the pic you provided I noticed that the plastic in the middle of the bar, the one that locks the bars together during Gerwalk and Battroid is more rectangular shape and it looks like the part that inserts on the other bar is wider.

Check procedure no. 26.

003.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Please forgive the unfinished look, but I plan on using the dimensions from this physical proto, to remake it in CAD. It helps lock the leg in place and hide the bar as much as possible. Going to CAD it sometime next week, and if there's enough demand I will offer them in high quality ABS 3D prints on my web store.

24649590924_6af764a8a7_c.jpg

25187073051_d0fea3561e_c.jpg

25187073791_784ee4135c_c.jpg

25187058421_a4f086daca_c.jpg

Been meaning to ask, did this ever happen?

Ouch. Now I'm just glad that I bought the SAP only instead. And will have no regrets whatsoever if I decided on breaking the figure for just fixing it. ;)

And yeah, it's not worth to spend another $250 for it.

Not sure if there's any update beyond that by Nightingale. It's been awhile since he posted something.

Well maybe he'll finish it one day, would certainly help with its fighter mode.

Man those Fairy Squadron pics are not very encouraging.

Well maybe he'll finish it one day, would certainly help with its fighter mode.

Man those Fairy Squadron pics are not very encouraging.

I think the only thing we need to keep it together in fighter mode is KrazyGlue. :ph34r::unsure::wacko: