Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Now that i got mine transformed to battloid it feels way, way better than fighter. It was clearly meant to be transformed.

Im stickering it and probably do some panel lining and see how it goes.( to be honest i never do that to my macross stuff but this valk in particular gets better with thos small details.)

Now that i got mine transformed to battloid it feels way, way better than fighter. It was clearly meant to be transformed.

Im stickering it and probably do some panel lining and see how it goes.( to be honest i never do that to my macross stuff but this valk in particular gets better with thos small details.)

20160620 175753

I think it looks a lot better after being panel lined.

I think it looks a lot better after being panel lined.

Yeah it looks great! Did you future on it before paneling it? Im thinking about it because it is already shiny as is and with future might be too shiny.

Yeah it looks great! Did you future on it before paneling it? Im thinking about it because it is already shiny as is and with future might be too shiny.

nope, no future. tho I might look into giving it a spray of dullcoat.

Hmm...it's meant to exist in battroid mode only. I see it now.

If the VF-2SS Sylvie ever goes on a "Super clearance" price, I might get another one so it is strictly in Fighter mode.... Glue will have to ensure this.

Hey 505thAirborne that flat coat and panel line job looks legit, before I saw yours I thought these looked like absolute crap, but you took that crap and turned it into gold.

Thanks Big s, normally I never panel line or clear coat my Valks but I made a massive exception for this one. I also switched out the hands (pics to come) and modified the gun pod too.

I'll be doing the same thing when the SAP set arrives! B))

Thanks Big s, normally I never panel line or clear coat my Valks but I made a massive exception for this one. I also switched out the hands (pics to come) and modified the gun pod too.

I'll be doing the same thing when the SAP set arrives! B))

Swapped out the hands? What did you swap them out with?

VF-2SS is clearly the true future Macross, such an awesome design, a really nice evolution which I can't say for the overly bird like Macross plus and future valks. I want to order a Nexx pack with SAP to complete my long held dream of a 1/60 VF2SS. Kinda sorta always wanted that 1/100 kit since I was 14 years old (25 years ago?!) but never did it because my model making skills are so poor.

Edited by Forper

I'm gonna cancel my pre-order for the Faerie squad version.

Although to be honest, I have no recollection of ordering it. Must have been drunk at the time......haha.

This is what happened with me and MPP10. No morning after pill for me though...

Got a notice from AmiAmi that the release date of the stand alone SAP set hase been moved up from August to this month. Any members who ordered Faerie or Nexx set if there's any changes on their release dates?

I got that notice too. I misread it thinking it was about the Farie squad release. I was like WTF they delayed it and now are moving it up. This actually works good for me. I wanted to cancel Farie squad release but was afraid amiami would cancel my sap order. Now I can get the standalone sap and cancel the Farie squad.

I got the Amiami notice also.

I would hope that Evolution have pushed off any other VF-2SS releases until after a retooling. Add 2 tight, clicking ratchet joints to each swing arm which could help keep the legs in place and its easily worth $20 more.

I wish that they're taking notes to maybe improve the next 2 releases but I doubt it. Anywho, it looks like there is gonna be a display stand for this. It's gonna be a fixed position fighter mode with 2 arms, one regular and one with SAP in black. Maybe this is the mold they were talking about?

Edit: Gosh that swing bar really kills it for me. That position makes it stand out.

02.jpg03.jpg

04.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Wow, this thread has 125k views and 2k replies for a pretty unpopular figure.

Hope that means there is a market for Yamato or Bandai to do it again.

Edited by arbit

Got a notice from AmiAmi that the release date of the stand alone SAP set hase been moved up from August to this month. Any members who ordered Faerie or Nexx set if there's any changes on their release dates?

No change to the Faerie Squadron variant since the last delay pushing it to this month.