Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the boards but have been lurking for a short while and really appreciating all the great opinions and advice across the forums. I'm quite an avid Macross collector these days, so it's great to find a dedicated board :)

I actually picked up the Nexx VF2-SS for 19,000Y on my last trip to Japan. Having seen the CDX review of the Sylvie variant and comments on here, I kinda knew what I was letting myself into, but have to say that overall I'm kinda pleased with it. The figure could be better, but I remember that the first release of the Chogokin VF25 wasn't all that great compared to the re-edited version released later, so very few Valks are perfect.

I have mine in Battroid mode - since most of my collection ends up being posed behind glass, I'm pleased enough for now. I'd love to see the Hi-Metal series take this on, I really hope the hints I heard about on here come to fruition as the Roy Fokker VF-1 I bought earlier this year is one of my favourite Valks :)

Hi, I'm new to the boards but have been lurking for a short while and really appreciating all the great opinions and advice across the forums. I'm quite an avid Macross collector these days, so it's great to find a dedicated board :)

I actually picked up the Nexx VF2-SS for 19,000Y on my last trip to Japan. Having seen the CDX review of the Sylvie variant and comments on here, I kinda knew what I was letting myself into, but have to say that overall I'm kinda pleased with it. The figure could be better, but I remember that the first release of the Chogokin VF25 wasn't all that great compared to the re-edited version released later, so very few Valks are perfect.

I have mine in Battroid mode - since most of my collection ends up being posed behind glass, I'm pleased enough for now. I'd love to see the Hi-Metal series take this on, I really hope the hints I heard about on here come to fruition as the Roy Fokker VF-1 I bought earlier this year is one of my favourite Valks :)

Welcome aboard Acteon! Glad that you liked the VF-2SS in battroid mode. To be honest, that's the safest mode that you can display this Valk. And it's the best form in this toy. ;)

Welcome aboard Acteon! Glad that you liked the VF-2SS in battroid mode. To be honest, that's the safest mode that you can display this Valk. And it's the best form in this toy. ;)

It is quite a sexy design, if a little out of place in the larger canon. I'll always have a soft-spot for it in my heart though, Macross II was the first Macross series I saw as a teenager. Thankfully things improved from there!

And thanks for the warm welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they start giving these away, then I may consider getting a second one. As much as I love the VF-2SS design, the frustration factor with these is too high and the fun factor too low.

Gonna sit back and chill and wait for the Bandai HM-R version instead.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a shop in Akihabara that has dropped the Nexx to 15,000 yen. If anyone is interested in getting one PM me.

Do you know if ET considered the VF-2SS line a success? Or is their Macross II line dead? I think there was a pic showing a green striped version...thinking that may never see a release.

Edited by jvmacross