Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

I'm gonna laugh so hard if they do release a Legioss and it ends up worse than the CM's version. I'm gonna laugh even harder when it turns out to actually just be the CM's Legioss in new packaging.

Here's the discussion over it at the Other Anime section. Just an announcement, really. No proto pics yet. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38711&page=63

Just to keep the post on topic: I'm also glad I didn't get the VF2 :p

Hahaha! I remember posting that one on the Mospeada thread. I kinda looking forward to it since I didn't have a chance of owning Legioss figure except those old Kahen Kits back in the 80's.

But after seeing their VF-2SS in person, not sure now if they're qualified on touching that stuff. ;) But heck, I still want their upcoming Nexx Parts just to fill my Valks gaps. Hehehe. :lol:

These were warming shelves all over Akihabara two weeks ago. And priced ridiculously. The VF-0A was also all over the place.

VF-2SS is still MSRP?

Also if the VF-0A is a shelf warmer now, what's become of the upcoming-supposed-to-come-out 'Unknown Soldier' version?

VF-2SS is still MSRP?

Also if the VF-0A is a shelf warmer now, what's become of the upcoming-supposed-to-come-out 'Unknown Soldier' version?

If the CF VF-0A has all the improvements of Roy's 0S than it should be a great seller, I'd for sure get one! However Shin's 0A color scheme & QC issues didn't do the toy any favors.

As for the VF-2SS, it's just not the crowd pleaser most were hoping for, way too many people consider it VERY overpriced for what it is. I like mine, but still on the fence whether to keep my Nexx PO.

Edited by 505thAirborne

If the CF VF-0A has all the improvements of Roy's 0S than it should be a great seller, I'd for sure get one! However Shin's 0A color scheme & QC issues didn't do the toy any favors.

As for the VF-2SS, it's just not the crowd pleaser most were hoping for, way too many people consider it VERY overpriced for what it is. I like mine, but still on the fence whether to keep my Nexx PO.

Me too. ;) I really wanted to have a pack for my VF-2SS. It's just that I prefer Nexx's packs more than the announced packs only release. <_<

Debating about cancelling my fairy preorder too. I preordered before i had the slyvie version which was so disappointing. The collector part of me wants to keep the preorder because i have a feeling it will be rare. It's going to be hard to pay that kinda money for the subpar quality of that release.

Me too. ;) I really wanted to have a pack for my VF-2SS. It's just that I prefer Nexx's packs more than the announced packs only release. <_<

The SAP for Nexx is the one reason I am still flipping that coin... Buy or do not buy. The way the Rifle is holstered on the leg was always a favorite for me!

At least for now I do have a set of SAP Armor on PO for my Sylvie, hoping that Armor stays on nice & tight!

The SAP for Nexx is the one reason I am still flipping that coin... Buy or do not buy. The way the Rifle is holstered on the leg was always a favorite for me!

At least for now I do have a set of SAP Armor on PO for my Sylvie, hoping that Armor stays on nice & tight!

Yeah, I agree. The way the gunpod stores in the leg pack is why I like to get Nexx. ^_^

And hope they fix somehow the errors on it so I can keep Nexx and throw Silvie out. And just repaint the blue to red. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha! Spanner's right. It's easier if you lower your expectations on this one. :blink::p;)

I followed the instructions that 505thAirborne posted to the thread earlier, but used future instead of nail polish. He posted some pictures. Here's the link:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42438&p=1258790

I didn't have to use extra coats of polish. I followed the initial instructions and everything turned out okay. Before the fix, the legs on my copy were popping off with the slightest pressure. After the fix, they stay in place. Each copy is different, though. If it's your first time doing a fix like this, pace yourself. I recommend to take it slowly and test the fit after the first application dries before adding any extra coats.

I found that the fix does improve the silhouette from certain angles. But it doesn't really help with the look of the undercarriage. It's too bad that isn't as clean as it could be. Maybe the super parts will help, but I'm taking a wait and see approach with that.

Ok! The nail polish fix works! Toy looks awful as previously said in fighter mode... so transformed it to Battroid mode and will leave it that way forever and ever... LOL. Actually transforming it was done with such a care and you can see where this toy will break if you mess too much with it... so then again will leabe it in battroid mode.

Very dissapointed with the overall quality as it has been said here before but good thing is nothing has fallen nor has broken.

Maybe I was lucky so it will go to rest as it is in mycollection hopefully a better version will come out!

As I wanted to have a version in yellow but was not willing to pay what they ask for it, I bought a second unit when they put the offer in NY for then buy a SAP and have the same for much less. I have customized this unit in yellow and doing a tribute to VF-1s of Roy to give more life to the mold, everything I have done so on the basis of stickers, nothing painted, this is how the fighter looks, I changed the position of the legs to be more glued to the rest and are not bad. Now it is my turn to do some more for the Battroid mode. You like the result?

13087677_10208358612316574_5694361291603

13241283_10208358612356575_2136799887340

13221755_10208358612476578_8910777295491

13241288_10208358612876588_3721280314926

13230139_10208358613036592_8720554705707

13238917_10208358611876563_4074346797787

Thak you very much.

All are stickers made by my (except the small that brought the figure and the central calabera, I designed a A4 in Photoshop with several skulls in black background, black and yellow pieces and some small arrow and took her to print on paper of adhesive vinyl, then it remains to be seen as it has to be each piece and cut the stickers.

So I guess I dodged a bullet here. I had one on the original pre-order, but canceled because it seemed like I could get better toys for the money. I thought about pulling the trigger when it went on 50% off, but again my gut told me there has to be a reason for the 50% off so I skipped it again. On top of my gut feeling, it looks like people are still unsatisfied with half off even.

All in all this toy was not meant to be for me. I'm not a fan of Mac II, but have a love for transforming valkyries and that was my initial interest in this toy. Once I saw the updates before release I knew it was never going to live up to my expectations.