Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

Engineering failures....

Several problems could have easily been avoided with tabs that would actually lock in place...tabs that would swivel or slide out of sight....etc

These "failures" are most apparent in fighter mode....the battroid and gerwalk modes are actually very solid...

Time to see for myself just how decent =/= mediocre =/= horrible Evolution Toys' VF-2SS Silvie Gena really is. I just placed an order for a copy with Nippon-Yasan. They've slashed the price from ¥20480 to ¥11980 + shipping ($139.84 shipped via SAL for me); at this price I figured it's worth it just to sate my curiosity.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/13010-super-dimensional-fortress-macross-ii-lovers-again-vf-2ss-valkyrie-ii-silvie-gena.html

117.40 + shipping on NY

What would be sad/funny is if sales are so low on the Nexx and fairy squad that they end up cancelling the standalone sap pack.

dont jinx it!

you see! now that's what they should have released them priced at! Much more reasonable and a better reflection to the toys actual quality. Still would I have bought one? hmmm probably not..

$117 is a very nice price, i'm surprise it's still available at N-Y. It really makes you wonder if the standalone SAP will show up.

Anyone that brought a VF-2SS will most likely want a SAP to armor it up. So the demand for SAP will be there.

But then they have 2 products that combo with the SAP in May and June before the standalone SAP (august).

If those sales don't do well either, they might not release the standalone SAP at all, which should increase the demand for the 2 combo products,

so I take it that NY has a whole bunch of these they cant sell sitting around collecting dust and want to clear them out!? maybe if they further reduce it to under 10k yen I might just pick one up.. key word here is "might" :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner76

so I take it that NY has a whole bunch of these they cant sell sitting around collecting dust and want to clear them out!? maybe if they further reduce it to under 10k yen I might just pick one up.. key word here is "might" :rolleyes:

Spanner, why dont you just give in?, you know you want all the VF-2 for your collection! XD even if they suck, you know you want them!

Edited by Mr Bomber

no dammit! it must cost next to nothing or free before I give in! hehehe! :p:D:lol:

Nah. I think it's the pride that's kicking in. Hahaha! :D Go get one now, Spanner! ;)

Anti-Tempter here.

Don't, I almost bit on the 50% Hobby Search and even the N-Y price was tempting, but only on the premise of getting a premium (Yamato/Arcadia, Bandai DX Chogokin) Valkyrie at close to $ 100 retail. And it's debatable on whether or not this iteration of Evolution Toy's VF-2 fits the bill.

I also remembered my impressions of this toy, and what others have objectively stated and decided I'd rather not. :lol: / :ph34r:

-b.

Anybody actually bit on this?

How much is N-Y actually charging for shipping-fees on this with that discounted pricing?

If you try their shipping calculator it shows Y4000 to US using EMS. So I guess it's still their standard shipping pricing for Macross Valks.