Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

I just realized it's only up to episode 4, so much for the YouTube title "Macross II the movie". :p

The strike cannon appears to be a standard weapon on the SAP. Macross II while I still like it, always felt like the ultimate OVA that was constantly either over budget or just seriously lacked the proper funds. I can't imagine what it would look like today (Like the way Frontier was produced) if they took all the characters, uniforms, Mecha and then re-booted it with a correct canon storyline. (One can dream right..)

Still, this new VF-2SS toy gives me some hope for other Mac II valks.

Been mostly away from these boards for a few weeks and I come back to this ^_^

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I really wish this was Arcadia but I'm gonna take what I can get when it comes to a 2SS!

What was Adrian's reaction?

Adrians thoughts are many. We will be recording them this weekend and hope to have a podcast up next week. He has some great info on Evolution Toys too.

On a side note, as I noted in the front page piece, it's a TOY.

Do people think I don't do my due diligence when translating and reporting this stuff? I hate to sound crabby but it's almost insulting.

Edited by Tochiro

What was Adrian's reaction?

My jaw dropped in front of Evolution Toy's rep at the show.

The rep also informed me it will have die-cast elements. I believe they were trying to say Variable Type and not "Valiable Model", they also spelled Battroid wrong. Two other things to consider. 1, Evolution Toys have never made a model kit and 2, nobody is ever going to charge 25,000 yen for a plastic kit.

I will have allot more to say once we record the next podcast.

Adrians thoughts are many. We will be recording them this weekend and hope to have a podcast up next week. He has some great info on Evolution Toys too.

On a side note, as I noted in the front page piece, it's a TOY.

Do people think I don't do my due diligence when translating and reporting this stuff? I hate to sound crabby but it's almost insulting.

My jaw dropped in front of Evolution Toy's rep at the show.

The rep also informed me it will have die-cast elements. I believe they were trying to say Variable Type and not "Valiable Model", they also spelled Battroid wrong. Two other things to consider. 1, Evolution Toys have never made a model kit and 2, nobody is ever going to charge 25,000 yen for a plastic kit.

I will have allot more to say once we record the next podcast.

Thanks for the info guys! Looking forward to that podcast.

Being a Gerwalk guy I actually like the look on this thing (it is just a VF-1 all fancied up anyway.) I know some proportions need to be accounted for but the entire back section is just wrong. The intake needs to sit along the spine of the craft and be shorter. The two smaller side intakes need to sit on the back of the craft as well, not propped up on thick pylons with giant, ugly hinges. The back should actually be longer but I can understand having to shorten it up for practical transforming purposes. There's a lot of weird proportional stuff going on, and Nyankodevice has already proven you can make it work with far more accurate proportions at a smaller scale (1/100) on a modified model kit.

I hope they fix it. I've wanted a 2SS... but I don't want this one right now.

Edited by Mommar

b41.jpg

cr: TagHobby

Those tabs on the top of the pieces that jut out bother me a lot... why couldn't they put it in reverse where the tabs are on the back piece? Right now it reminds me of an early Yamato toy or a present day Toynami Masterpiece (are those guys still making toys or just plushes and vinyls? :rolleyes: ).

Those tabs on the top of the pieces that jut out bother me a lot... why couldn't they put it in reverse where the tabs are on the back piece? Right now it reminds me of an early Yamato toy or a present day Toynami Masterpiece (are those guys still making toys or just plushes and vinyls? :rolleyes: ).

I had not noticed those tabs before...now I can't unsee them...gee thanks EXO!! :angry::rolleyes: Still looking forward to the final product....

As for Toynami.....does simply "anouncing" vinyls count? ;)

I had not noticed those tabs before...now I can't unsee them...gee thanks EXO!! :angry::rolleyes: Still looking forward to the final product....

As for Toynami.....does simply "anouncing" vinyls count? ;)

Argggg this one got me. normally when stuff is pointed out it doesn't bother me. but this does. def will not be able to unsee

They just recently announced those overpriced Alphas reissues, right? :rolleyes:

Maybe they slide in/out? :unsure:

That's what they do but why not put the female part on the chest piece? It's already jutting out and then put those massive tabs on top?

They just recently announced those overpriced Alphas reissues, right? :rolleyes:

I don't think the quality will improve much like they did from the first Macross Plus toys from Yamato to the v.2 VF-1. But the price is certainly modernized! lol.

I was really hoping this would come from an unlicensed "Third Party" so that even if he quality was lackluster, the price would reflect it and I'd be satisfied with it as a display piece that I would never play with. At the same time though, I'm glad BW will get their share. At this point you really can't complain but it's still early enough to maybe point out eye sores. Wait til the color sample comes out! :p

I like the VF-2SS Valkyrie II design, but that gun pod has always been downright terrible. Looks like a lipstick dispenser.
Why couldn't they have gone with the VF-XS gun pod instead? Still has the cube-like design, but smoother rounded edges and a longer body make the VF-XS gun pod look so much better.

post-114-0-51854300-1429126468_thumb.gif

Now that I'm caught up on all toy forum posts and had time to digest this after my initial excitement...I do see the problems. Legs are too skinny being one. I'm still in for one because I gotta support a 2ss since I've been wanting one for ages. I just hope the aesthetics improve. Hell, I'd be more than OK with a years delay if that's what it'd take.

I consider the criticism for this model has been unfair

if I remember right for have the current valks we had to pass for the yamato vf 1 v1 (they were not even had perfect transformation) and the awful chunky's macross frontier's v1

so I believe we have wait for the final version to do a real evaluation

by my side I consider that not have the perfect look but for now will be the best version of this valk available in the market probably and depending of sales force arcadia and bandai enter in the game to offer us best versions

ones again I think a great first step very promising

lol!

Slightly widening the hips and thighs like that does make it look more proportioned than the grey prototype.

That gun is still too small.

Need the heavy railgun. Of course, the heavy railgun is part of the SAP...

:touche:

I actually didn't widen the hips at all. In looking at the prototype pic, it just looked to me like whoever posed it forgot to drop the upper leg portion all the way down into the lower leg to match the way the line art knee section is supposed to look so I just tucked it in. No mod to the prototype :)

vf2ssbattroidfro.jpegvf-2ss-battroid.jpg

Speaking of sleekness (as mentioned in earlier posts)...if they can capture this (below) I think we'd be golden!

It would be a great selling point if they included a charcoal canopy option in addition to the anime green for personal preference B))

vf2ssside.jpeg

vf2sstop.jpeg

...and oh, the color options :wub:

blue.png

red.png

green.png

purple.png

yellow.png

Edited by Bobby

Speaking of sleekness (as mentioned in earlier posts)...if they can capture this (below) I think we'd be golden!

It would be a great selling point if they included a charcoal canopy option in addition to the anime green for personal preference B))

vf2ssside.jpeg

Unfortunately, the profile of their model looks nothing like that. The back is just incredibly arched in a weird way, as if the hump is too far behind the canopy.

Edited by Chronocidal

I consider the criticism for this model has been unfair
if I remember right for have the current valks we had to pass for the yamato vf 1 v1 (they were not even had perfect transformation) and the awful chunky's macross frontier's v1
so I believe we have wait for the final version to do a real evaluation
by my side I consider that not have the perfect look but for now will be the best version of this valk available in the market probably and depending of sales force arcadia and bandai enter in the game to offer us best versions
ones again I think a great first step very promising

So are you saying to let the first MacII releases pass and wait for someone else to take a stab after learning from Evolution's mistakes? 'Cause the Yamato V1 VF-1 and the Bandai DX V1 VF-25 didn't get good with the later releases... they got good when the company studied their failures a few years later and released an entirely new toy. Also, both those toys cost considerably less than this toy's MSRP which at least helped lower expectations a little bit. I dunno, I know people have been starving for anything MacII so I'm glad they're getting SOMETHING but... they have an uphill battle from what we've seen so far. I'm hoping they win me over with some pretty large revisions in the months to come.