Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

I dunno how much bearing this will have on the VF-2SS toy, but here is my review of Evolution Toy's Big Dai X figure. It's from their Dynamite Action line and features some degree of transformation. Hopefully this will give everyone an idea of what their toys are like.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2014/big_dai_x

Josh also reviewed their Albegas (Gladiator Voltron) which also converts a little bit.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2014/albegas

I don't see any magnets on it, so I think this is completely different from their magnetic dynamite-action line that you guys reviewed.

Prolly gonna be made by one of their other sub-divisions or an unnamed outsourced company under the ET umbrella-name.

We'll hopefully get more details on this.

Feels like Evolution Toy is the unknown kid that asks the pretty girl out to Prom out of the blue.

Whether he ends up being a prince or crashes and burns in epic fashion, I guess we'll need to wait until the dance to find out.

Wow!!, must have indeed.

MrK is saying its 1/60 scale.

The paper-label in front states

"1/60Scale Valiable Model"

So this is gonna be a model-kit instead of a PT???

25k-yen for a model-kit is way too damn much.

Can Save clarify further if this is gonna be a PT toy or a model-kit?

In their language, somehow the word 'Variable' means 'Transformable'. And usually 'Model Kits' are 'Puramo/Plamo'. ^_^

I only say that, because I seldom see the word 'transformable' on their toys/figures. Hence, Variable Action High Spec Orguss or Variable Action Ride Armor Mospeada. Unless Variable also means Parts-Formers as well? ;)

Edited by no3ljm

...they're called Evolution Toy...so hopefully this isn't an attempt at getting into model kits....because that would be disappointing...

I read this last night, and am so happy to see a completely new Valkyrie enter into the fray. While I'm glad to see the newer VF-0 line, and what Bandai has done, to see something completely different coming is a happy surprise. I do hope they make the S.A.P. with it, or at least announce it coming after.

That said, I too, am concerned with a bit of the detail in the joints and articulation. I hope it's just early photos, and not something this company is prone to doing.

WAVE's line of Exceed Enthusiast Elite model kits, Layzner Zakaal and Galient, started around 50,000 . . .

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/92613/exceed_enthusiast_elite_zakaal_resin_kit_spt_layzner

post-8486-0-74624400-1429040813_thumb.jpg

Hm, I don't know.... yet. I'm kinda sad that this doesn't come from Arcadia/Bandai because than I'd know what to expect. On the other hand this might be the only chance to get a PT VF-2 toy so I'm probably in for one, if they are offering the SAP packs.

I'm curious to see more of this toy but I agree that this isn't the perfect solution.

Overall I'm glad someone is trying this.

Sadly this means that the license for 1/60 Macross 2 mecha is now out of reach for Arcadia (if I understand the Japanese licensing model correctly).

Glad to see someone tackling the design in 1/60th finally, but can't say I'm that interested myself, since I never really liked the Macross II designs. They have some nice ideas to them, but never really caught my eye.

That aside, this model does look like it has some weird things going on. The biggest two I see are the bulky hinges on the back, and the huge hump along the spine. Arms look a little weird too, are they supposed to have those cover flaps that fold out of the elbows?

But... did Arcadia ever tried on getting the license in the first place? I mean, like how hard did Evolution Toy tried to get the license? Macross II in the first is just out there. And nobody wants to touch it. Guess, we have to wait on what Evolution Toy will offer. Besides, does licensing also expires in Japan? If Arcadia will see that this one will sell like pancakes, they might probably wait for the license to expire and get it for themselves and produce a highly one. Just saying. Like how differentiate the licensing over Arcadia's making the YF-19 and Bandai's making a VF-19Adv? They look exactly the same (unit-wise) except for the designation name/code and for the attached Frontier Boosters. Would Arcadia have the right on getting a license now on different VF-2SS model if there's any (SAP included)? Or licensing is limited only to where the designated plane was shown? :unsure:

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hope everyone is ready, because Evolution Toy has rainbow of color variants to do!

attachicon.gifRIDINGINYOURVALKYRIE1.jpg

attachicon.gifRIDINGINYOURVALKYRIE2.jpg

♫Riding in your Valkyrie

all is see is grey right now....

i don't even know what i'm suppose to be looking at... watching macross II, i couldn't tell which valk was which... i remember a girl with freckles and her boyfriend with curly sideburns. and their valks seemed to look the same. then there was these sky blue looking ones on earth. and then the metal siren one...

the animation and art had me confused. epi 1.2 looked decent, 3,4 look better 5,6 looked terrible.

and i thought the SNS camera guys were riding a vf-4 at the beginning of the show... time to do some research into Macross II valks

Wow! This news just came out of left field; totally blind-sided... in a good way. Just yesterday I posted my wish for just such an item in the Arcadia Wish Thread, and now this; albeit, I'd rather have Arcadia or Bandai tackle the Valkyrie II, but beggars can't choosers -- this has been such a long time in coming that it is sooo bought! Here's hoping Evolution Toy won't disappoint on design and build quality, that they bundle the VF-2SS with the SAP (sure would make the SRP more palatable), and that they release Nexx's unit and the whole Faerie squadron. And if this turns out good, a VF-2JA Icarus would be awesome too.

Overall I am not really impressed, especially for the price. And am I the only one noticing that the gerwalk mode looks horrible akin to the v1 Bandai Mac F toys? It looks like they forgot to add a upper thigh swivel joint so you can splay the legs apart. I also don't like the upper intake in fighter mode with the exposed peg holes for gerwalk mode.

I am glad though that someone decided to tackle the Macross II stuff for the people that like it, although I am not one of them.

The 2SS in my opinion has always had a clumsy looking Gerwalk. Not perfect but close enough, but I too am worried about those bug ass joints in those thrusters

Yeah. I agree. Gerwalk mode is the weakest mode of the VF-2SS, even when looking at the animation model.

And... It's a prototype. I think if we waited for Bandai to pick this up, we would be waiting indefinitely. If Arcadia picked it up, we would be looking at another costly mold with its own set of compromises.

Wow! Hell has officially frozen over. Initially I was super exited when i saw the first post. But now after having some time to digest this news and look more closely at the pictures, I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Like others have said it doesn't look as good as a toy that costs that much. I'll probably still buy one though.

Figure this, if this V.1 VF-2SS should actually sell really well, perhaps Bandai or Arcadia will get the clue and make their own version of the Mac II Valks. If this company got the licensing rights, how hard could it be for the other companies to do so...

Figure this, if this V.1 VF-2SS should actually sell really well, perhaps Bandai or Arcadia will get the clue and make their own version of the Mac II Valks. If this company got the licensing rights, how hard could it be for the other companies to do so...

That would be a boss turn around, and a welcome surprise. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i watched that this afternoon, but it doesn't seem to have episode 5,6.

watching it again reminded me of the 90's seeing it without any linear notes or internet information of the mecha. just by watching the valks don't really have much detail in the anime. so i couldn't make out the variations between any of the valks. there's a strike canon super pack on the leader but then natasha one of underlings swaps valks with sylvie's metal siren and she has a strike canon on her valks as well. so i guess it's not just for a squad leader....

Edited by davidwhangchoi