Evolution Toy - VF-2SS Valkyrie I 《MACROSS II ~LOVERS AGAIN~&#1

joppewo

The price after the bonus credit is not bad since HLJ credits is just as good as cash.

Macross II Lovers Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II with SAP Nexx Gilbert Custom (after bonus credit is 15708 yen)

Macross II Lovers Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II with SAP Faerie Squadron Limited (after bonus credit is 12705 yen)

I thought about it , real hard, but just couldn't click it.

Ended up buying Variable Action Hi-Spec Orguss (Reissue) and GSA New Arhan (Expelled from Paradise)from Good Smile Company 

But when you do ship it out, you will have extra HLJ credits to pay for your other Macross invoices that you preordered like a VF-31c or some hi-metal R.  

for 1 

Express Int'l Shipping
Usually ships by EMS (Trackable) (averages 2-7 business days)
¥3,380

for 2 

Express Int'l Shipping
Usually ships by EMS (Trackable)(averages 2-7 business days)
¥5,380
Fedex Economy(averages 2-5 business days)
¥5,900

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember owning one of the old kits of this valkyrie. It gave me fits but I think that was the only toy available back then. I think it even transformed but was very fragile. I put up with it as it was a put together toy unlike that Cyclone that came assembled and always seemed to crumble apart.

This new version looks pretty good. Maybe I'll watch Macross II again one day to see if I like the show enough now to get a modern version of the toy.

15 hours ago, JetJockey said:

This new version looks pretty good.

If you're referring to the ET version, you may want to reconsider that statement.

If you really want a VF-2 toy, I suggest waiting to see how Bandai's HMR version turns out. It already looks much better in the promo pics than what ET has made.

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

This is the 1/72 kit correct? Looks way better in that scheme.

There was a 1/72 kit? I thought the old Bandai one was 1/100?

...judging by the base (Action Base 2, usually used for 1/144-scale Gundam kits), this thing does look like the 1/100 kit.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

There was a 1/72 kit? I thought the old Bandai one was 1/100?

...judging by the base (Action Base 2, usually used for 1/144-scale Gundam kits), this thing does look like the 1/100 kit.

Resin kit.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/musasiya/musasiya_main.htm

musa_v2b.jpg

If you're interested there's one available at eBay Canada.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/MACROSS-1-72-VF-2SS-Valkyrie-Resin-Kit-RARE-/322455786884

Edited by no3Ljm

Fighter mode only. That's why it looks so good. I think the Max one is the same model too. PeterB made that one with a custom canopy I believe .

Edited by wmkjr

16 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

If you're referring to the ET version, you may want to reconsider that statement.

If you really want a VF-2 toy, I suggest waiting to see how Bandai's HMR version turns out. It already looks much better in the promo pics than what ET has made.

I guess I should read over the topic more. I got confused and only thought there was one version. And these repaints. In any case, these are better than the small kit I had from the early 90s.

ET's is larger. at 1/60 scale, to be sure, but it being better than Bandai's old kit is debatable.  The kit's fragility is not a demerit against it ( it's a model kit after all, and 1/100 to boot), and arguably has better proportions than the larger toy due in part to the kit's parts swapping nature and the fact that ET's is an unsightly mess in that underneath; it's only true shortcoming, other than coming from a time of much lower design/engineering standards for such things, is that it's a SAP-equipped only affair.

Skip ET's version entirely, unless you find one at a deep discount, and go for the upcoming Hi-metal R instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...