M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

While we are a ways from starting on these, I will be getting the list of those wanting there kits painted. I will send out pm messages to those, and let you all know what will be done with the kits before painting begins. Regardless, they will come with the decals attached, and an overcoat (maybe satin) will be applied. These are going to come in the standard orange color paint with the black trim. Haven't decided if I want to do any other color choices, but if so, it'll probably be more. In any case, all that will come in due time.

Wow, this looks amazing! Can't wait to get both the 1/72 and 1/60 scale drones. Can I upgrade my 1/60 to the painted version?

Should be fine. Xigfrid will probably put you down for it.

So, work has officially begun, and looks like the project is moving along. No pictures to show, but in due time. All materials are in hand and it's now just a quick waiting game.

Actually, I do have one pic to show. Special thanks to Falconkpd for a beautiful box art cover to go along with the kit. He's a very talented artist in our MW group here, and has a fan manga titled Macross Elysium. I encourage you all to check out his stuff and support his work. With that in mind, here is the box art...

post-582-0-73652900-1436907609_thumb.jpg

So, work has officially begun, and looks like the project is moving along. No pictures to show, but in due time. All materials are in hand and it's now just a quick waiting game.

Actually, I do have one pic to show. Special thanks to Falconkpd for a beautiful box art cover to go along with the kit. He's a very talented artist in our MW group here, and has a fan manga titled Macross Elysium. I encourage you all to check out his stuff and support his work. With that in mind, here is the box art...

attachicon.giftarget%20drone.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Jason! I hope it brings in more buyers!

We even have a boxart!! Such an amazing collaboration going on in here! :D

Small update for the 1st page and for everyone:

The assembly manual for the drone fighter is available:

-on issuu : http://issuu.com/xigfrid75/docs/drone_fighter_instructions

or

-dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pudlaq68vt2bqh/drone_fighter_instructions.pdf?dl=0

Painted version:

The painted version will come partially assembled through steps: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 and 7a only.

So you will have to assemble the wings (step 5), slide the laser and snap the drone upper nose in (steps 6 and 7b)

I am so glad I got one :D

Jason did you ever decide if the orange was the only scheme offered for those of us that chose painted?

I may decide to offer a few variations, but probably nothing too complex like camoflauge, or anything that will take up the bulk of time. If I do offer other selections, it maybe a few pre-selected schemes, or a choice of a few colors. The other variants will cost a little more, as I'll need to buy those paints, but that's an option. I'm working out something as I type this.

I'll probably go with color choices, to give you and others the choice of colors. this'll help with adding more of a personal touch to each one.

Edited by Jasonc

I may decide to offer a few variations, but probably nothing too complex like camoflauge, or anything that will take up the bulk of time. If I do offer other selections, it maybe a few pre-selected schemes, or a choice of a few colors. The other variants will cost a little more, as I'll need to buy those paints, but that's an option. I'm working out something as I type this.

I'll probably go with color choices, to give you and others the choice of colors. this'll help with adding more of a personal touch to each one.

cool idea but im gonna stick with the original orange color! I think it looks the best and better resembles the target drones of years ago!

post-21335-0-95719100-1437532344_thumb.jpg

I am totally fine with the default Mac+ scheme, but I wanted to know what choices there were before finalizing it.

If you're possibly interested in an alternative color, and this is really for anyone who doesn't want to paint them, just shoot me a pm. I'd rather have you show me what you want by taking a lineart piece and coloring it, but if that's not doable, show me a picture of a color scheme. At least this way, I will know if I need to skip dying the resin. I can quote you a price, and we can go from there.

Just as an update, the project is almost completed as far as the prototype, and barring that, we should be good to go with starting the run.