M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Where did you get the decals done?

I made them myself. In order to get decals done through a business, usually it cost a bit of money, and since I had these decal sheets at home already, I might as well use them. They'll work, and the paper is quite decent. I may have them done for the Ghost X-9 if there's enough orders.

Progressing VERY well.

A big thanks to everyone involved. :)

You're welcome. Just wish I could work faster. I tried that and I'm now fixing little things I didn't notice before. However, last piece gets poured today, and with a longer weekend, hopefully some time to get it all done and start sending kits out.

On a side note, I'll try to update everyone this weekend, but if I don't, Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. For those that don't celebrate it, I can say that I'm thankful for all the great fans here. you guys are all awesome.

Hey Jason, sorry this may have been mentioned already or I missed it but when do you expect the drone assembly to begin for those of us who bought it complete? Not hassling at all of course, was just curious.. No rush mate! :)

Everything else is looking great! B))

I'm gonna start as soon as I finish making the molds for the 1/72. The molds are done already, so it's just a matter of getting to them. I'm hoping mid December. I have all the paint and decals ready, so it's just going to be an assembly line for the painted ones.

Sounds good Jason! Thanks! :)

No problem. I finally got done with all 1/72 molds and they're pretty good for a kit this complex. At this point, I'm just recasting as much as I can do for the weather. the cold is making these have to stay in the tank twice the amount of time. Nevertheless, I'm happy with the results.

Great news! I hope we will see these kits soon on the workbench thread :)

I just hope they are what people expect from a resin kit. I packaged up and sent two out today. I've got tomorrow off, so that'll help get some stuff done. Hopefully another two done or more. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled today, so I couldn't do too much. Even as I write now, I'm in serious pain, and can't move my jaw (really difficult wisdom tooth left me sore).

I just hope they are what people expect from a resin kit. I packaged up and sent two out today. I've got tomorrow off, so that'll help get some stuff done. Hopefully another two done or more. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled today, so I couldn't do too much. Even as I write now, I'm in serious pain, and can't move my jaw (really difficult wisdom tooth left me sore).

ouch! sorry to hear of your dental misfortune.. hope you get better real soon Jason!

haha dont join the Army then, they pull them just for kicks! had 4 done under orders when I first joined... so much fun. Codeine... embrace it.

As far as I remember I have been down by the pain a whole day after the removal of mines. I hope chiurgical acts have evolved and you get less pain now!

Keep the great work!

naa its still a pretty violent and brutal act. Especially if you have ones that arent fully exposed.

Edited by NZEOD

Should I be that dick who brags that all four wisdom were removed then I drove back to college for a final?

Sure, why not. Unfortunately, the last one, for some reason grew at an uncommon angle, and the more the dentist tried to pull, the more anchored it got. It was a strange deal, and I metabolize the numbing stuff really fast, so because he spent over 40 minutes pulling and yanking on that last tooth, my jaw was sore and couldn't open my mouth properly for a couple days. Just now getting to the point where I can eat a regular sandwich without opening up to eat in pain. Still swollen though, but that's just a formality. Norco does work wonders, but I've been back at work.

Alright. I have a long weekend coming up, so I'm hoping to have 6 of these completed after monday's end. I know it's taking time, but I really don't want to send out parts that need way too much work. Speaking of, the mold of the 1/72 wing is starting to wear out already due to many recasts that didn't come out up to par. I'll be redoing that over the weekend most likely, so it'll be a minor hiccup in the chain. Other than that, other parts are still good and working fine. I should have them rolling out well. With the time change, I have less time to work when I get home, so that's one issue. Weather has been a bit of an issue as well, having to wait much longer for curing, but it doesn't have a toll on quality. Hope you guys are holding out OK. It's a one man operation, so it's a lot of work.

I'll take a picture of the boxes that are going out. They are being put in cardboard boxes and bubble wrapped inside for secure hold in transit. Also, after I send them out, if you get one that has a part that is broken or any issues that I missed, send me a message, and I'll do what I can to rectify it. PMs will start going out this weekend for items sent out.

Alright. I have a long weekend coming up, so I'm hoping to have 6 of these completed after monday's end. I know it's taking time, but I really don't want to send out parts that need way too much work. Speaking of, the mold of the 1/72 wing is starting to wear out already due to many recasts that didn't come out up to par. I'll be redoing that over the weekend most likely, so it'll be a minor hiccup in the chain. Other than that, other parts are still good and working fine. I should have them rolling out well. With the time change, I have less time to work when I get home, so that's one issue. Weather has been a bit of an issue as well, having to wait much longer for curing, but it doesn't have a toll on quality. Hope you guys are holding out OK. It's a one man operation, so it's a lot of work.

I'll take a picture of the boxes that are going out. They are being put in cardboard boxes and bubble wrapped inside for secure hold in transit. Also, after I send them out, if you get one that has a part that is broken or any issues that I missed, send me a message, and I'll do what I can to rectify it. PMs will start going out this weekend for items sent out.

thanks for the update Jason! B))

I'm gonna make them all as good as can be. Not just the first, but all of those. Now, that said, I'm gonna be on hold a bit with recasting the large wings for several days, as the prototype piece broke, and I need to get another made for recast. I'm still working on all the other pieces, but there will be some on hold for now. The mold, using the moldstar 15, is a good mold, but a bit soft, and with the vigors of a one piece such as it is, the mold is not holding up to good standards. I have he Moldstar 30 still, which is much better, but until I get a new one, I wouldn't feel comfortable fixing this one to recast. It'd take awhile to fix to recast, and even then, it probably won't hold up for recasting two sides. I'm gonna see about getting one ASAP. As far as the other parts though, I'm on a roll. They're coming out as can be expected.

I'm gonna make them all as good as can be. Not just the first, but all of those. Now, that said, I'm gonna be on hold a bit with recasting the large wings for several days, as the prototype piece broke, and I need to get another made for recast. I'm still working on all the other pieces, but there will be some on hold for now. The mold, using the moldstar 15, is a good mold, but a bit soft, and with the vigors of a one piece such as it is, the mold is not holding up to good standards. I have he Moldstar 30 still, which is much better, but until I get a new one, I wouldn't feel comfortable fixing this one to recast. It'd take awhile to fix to recast, and even then, it probably won't hold up for recasting two sides. I'm gonna see about getting one ASAP. As far as the other parts though, I'm on a roll. They're coming out as can be expected.

Sucks you suffered a breakage but thanks for the update Jason! happy to wait! :)

Edited by spanner76

Sucks you suffered a breakage but thanks for the update Jason! happy to wait! :)

working with 3D printed materials is a very tough challenge. If it's thick, no problem, but when one starts getting into 1/72 scale, things can get a little tricky. The 1/60 had issues as well, but has since been fixed and seems OK, as it was in a fixable part. This one, not so much. I know the trials from before, so fixing this will be no problem, AND, I'll have a better mold to use.

I know most of you have been patient, and for that, I thank you very much. I hope you all trust me, when I say that I'm putting a lot of extra time when I can, into getting these done. A busy job isn't the best thing for projects like this, nor is the time of year. Nevertheless, I'm dedicated to getting it done, and shall do so.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in updates. Between being sick and all the holidays, I've been recasting parts as much as I can for the 1/72 kit, and it's just about done. As of a few days ago, I just got the new wing section for the kit, so now I will be spending some time cleaning it up. It looks pretty clean right out of the box, but it does have plenty of scale lines to clean up, and is gonna take some time to clean up, primer, and get it ready for new mold. Aside from that, parts are still coming out. Just about done with the1/72 guys. It's a lot of work, and I wish I had more space to work, but it's getting there.

thanks for the update Jason! :)

You're welcome. Again, sorry for any sort of delays. I love the progress now, but these little setbacks are to be expected, especially when color casting, making clear parts, and trying to do it amidst bad weather and other unforseen problems. I will say, I'm very happy with the new part. It only requires some smoothing of the scale lines and some good primer, but I should be pounding the kits out after this is the only part left.