M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Just an update guys... Still working on cleanup of the prototypes. I'm not doing it, but they are being worked on so that they are as good as can possibly be. It's taking a little longer than it originally was intended, but this is going to be a great kit, and for that, we'd rather do it right. Sorry for the time.

Taking your time to do things right is always the correct option. That being said, when do we have to pay for the rest of these? In two weeks I'm going to be out of town for another two and want to make sure you guys know I'm good for it if I'm not around to respond.

Hi everyone,

I haven't asked for final payment yet, I want to ask for it as late as possible, that means when Jasonc begins the molds. At this moment, we will need the payments to cover the resin costs/painting/shipping costs so it should be soon, like next week.

I will try to get a final date, but this is very difficult to determine because it is made by people who make that as an hobby and not on a scheduled time job.

Sorry for the delays again.

Parts are just about done, which means, barring no emergencies, I can start making the molds for these next Monday, and hopefully start recasting same weekend, if not next weekend. really excited about how it's all looking. these should come out real clean.

This looks awesome! I personally don't have much interest in the actual drone, but I have been watching this project's progress. If your ghost ends up going down this route, count me in!

I made the stand adapter already. They fit a Yamato stand. I can make a different attachment end if needed, but trust me the drone won't hold on these little arms such as the stand from the VF-19 advanced (if they are the same as the RVF-25 ones). You will need a stronger stand.

The adapter is in white in the pictures below:

post-15880-0-36653600-1439643010_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-68293200-1439643047_thumb.jpg

1:72 scale link: http://shpws.me/JET6

1:60 scale link: http://shpws.me/HN78

I made the stand adapter already. They fit a Yamato stand. I can make a different attachment end if needed, but trust me the drone won't hold on these little arms such as the stand from the VF-19 advanced (if they are the same as the RVF-25 ones). You will need a stronger stand.

The adapter is in white in the pictures below:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

1:72 scale link: http://shpws.me/JET6

1:60 scale link: http://shpws.me/HN78

ok that's cool. I will work something out and maybe even hang it up on fishing line!

Hi guys,

The masters are FINISHED! They are gorgeous as expected. I am sorry the picture below doesn't do justice to the work that was made to the parts but you can see that they are far cleaner than the prototype.

post-15880-0-55692200-1439847779_thumb.jpg

I have asked to all the pre-orders to proceed to the second half payments so that the kits can be shipped as soon as they are ready.

Keep in mind that the painted version will take a little longer to be shipped because they need more work and more time to dry between putty/paint layers. Anyway, I am sure Jasonc will update us.

Edited by Xigfrid

I now have the parts, and have been doing some assessment on how to best recast these parts. Since I'm working 9-12 a day, This week has been shot, but I will be doing some of the molds this weekend. At the same time, I'm going to be testing the dye to get the right orange.

OK, it's not a lot of progress, but I'm working with a stronger, longer lasting rubber with a quicker curing time, so that I can get the same quality, but at a faster pace. so far, it looks like it's coming out well. the pressure tank is doing well in keeping bubbles out of it. This one just needs the resin pour spout.

post-582-0-97967100-1440376256_thumb.jpg

post-582-0-31505200-1440376278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonc

Hi guys, I have been collecting the second half payments last week, I am still missing 3 payments.

If you haven't received a private message about the second payment, could you double check it or send me a new message so that I can tell you your balance.

Also "claude grant", please let me know if you are still interest in your 1:60 painted drone, otherwise I can let it go to someone else.

Thank you all!

interesting looking process! Is there any finish quality loss from the original part when casting this way? Not that im worried, was just curious..

There really isn't any loss in detail. The rubber forms around the plastic with minimal shrinkage, and will create an exact copy. My only challenge is that these are complicated pieces to recast, so creating a good angle and pour spot are crucial. Going to do some of the smaller parts today, and the tail and intake.

More work done last night. More to do today. The work continues. Small parts are halfway done (the molds)...right intake cover is done. The wing is going to be a nightmare to recast, but it'll get there.

Edited by Jasonc