M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Something jumped to my eyes from your last batch of pics: Why did you added the pylons to the drone wings if the HMM form the 19 already have them? Are you going to print the missiles without the pylons?

That was a tough decision. The pylons are part of the general design, and you can clear identify the drone fighter by the "Y" shape of the extremity of its wings. But you also see the drone a lot of time without its missiles but with the pylons empty. So I made the choice of including the pylons into the design.

At first I was thinking to offer 2 set of wings, one with the pegs to attach HMMs and one without. But after testing the YF-19 HMMs, they fit nicely I think.

Anyway, they can be removed from their pylons and I also can make a smaller/invisible attachment later in Shapeways that would attach to the Drone wing and grab the HMMs like the original pylon.

If you plan to order Kurisama's HMMs, you can also ask him to make the pylon smaller directly.

Do we have a count yet of how close we are to 20 in 1/60?

I am still waiting for confirmations, but so far we got 13x pre-orders in 1/60 scale and 8x in 1/72 scale. I am discussing with Jasonc if we can manage fewer pre-orders if both 1/60 and 1/72 scales are made.

I might be in for a 1/60 if it helps get the X-9 project completed. :D

It can definitely help the drone fighter project! I am not sure it would speed up the X-9 though! It is your call.

So far I got these pre-orders. If painting is required I mentionned it, by default no painting.

1/60 kits:

2x wmkjr
2x charger69 (+ 2x painting)
1x CoreyD (+ 1x painting)
1x spanner76
1x DarkArchon3000 (also 1x 1/72)
1x Mommar (+ 1x painting)
1x MacrossJunkie
3x Kicker773 (+ 2x painting)

1/72 kits:

1x GMK
1x Jefuemon
1x cool8r
1x DarkArchon3000 (also 1x 1/60)
2x Major Focker
1x Mintox
1x ahiachris

I still wait for 5 confirmations. If we got 3-4 more kit in pre-order, I will begin to collect the pre-payments of $50 per kit to fund molds material and resin and we will start right now!

So far I got these pre-orders. If painting is required I mentionned it, by default no painting.

Have you started a "For Sale" thread for this? You might get some people who would be interested in a completed kit, but who don't check out the modeling section.

WOW!! am i late? how much will it cost for a 1:60 ship to indonesia?

I am taking pre-orders. The kit is $85. Plus $30 for optional painting if wanted. Plus shipping from USA. Unfortunately I don't know the rates for Indonesia.

I will ask a front payment of $50 to secure a pre-order, the rest when the kit is ready to ship.

Am I missing the info for who to send deposits to?

Hum that would be to my Paypal account, as usual I will invite pre-orderers to send as a gift or to add the 4% to cover paypal fees.

I still have to give my email in private message as soon as we reach 12 pre-orders for each scale or 23-24 total pre-orders.

Are these being cast in a shade of red/orange to match the anime? Also...what exactly would need to be painted?

The resin would be dyed so it would match the anime red/orange. The basic kit can easily assembled and requires only detailing, like painting in metallic grey the reactor, black band on the middle of the drone, black strip between the upper and bottom sides of the nose, the red stripe on the upper cockpit, painting the inside cameras, etc That's the most that I could do.

Jasonc is doing the painting job and he can explain better than me.

Edited by Xigfrid

Looking great, is it possible to order some of the AIM-225's separately (1/72)?

Kurisama has already made the 1/60 and put them for sale in his Shapeways shop. Leave him a PM if you want the 1/72 version. Let me know if he can do it ortherwise I could make a 1/72 version.

In the mean time, the prototype is getting more colors. It is still in process though.

post-15880-0-77315100-1435780923_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-26457300-1435780927_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-87257400-1435780933_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-21173000-1435780950_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-04553000-1435781000_thumb.jpg

Are these being cast in a shade of red/orange to match the anime? Also...what exactly would need to be painted?

While they will be color cast, they will most likely not be to the exact color, as they never end up like that. What I can do, is get it as close as possible, and from there, sand, paint, wash, decal, and then seal the kit, so that it looks like it's supposed to.

I am a bit exited: we are good to begin the resin kit thanks to wjrmonkey's last pre-orders and thanks to all the earlier ones! The pre-orders are still open for those on the late until we start the injection, which is approx 3 weeks after collecting the pre-payments.

I will begin to collect the $50 deposit and contact informations in PM.

Edited by Xigfrid

I have collected a great portion of the $50 deposit, but still missing a few of them: please check your private messages to send your deposit.

This is important that you pay the deposit soon so that all the material can be paid without second thoughts and have this project to be as smooth as possible!

Thank you!

Working on decals now. Should be done hopefully by weekend. Since there isn't much in the way of elaborate markings, I'll probably make the basic ones, and will then add some no step and beware of blast decals. Some extra stuff on there as well for those that may want more as well.

They'll also need to be done on white backing paper so that the white will stick out. I may put 4 of the UN SPACY decals on, in case anyone wants to double up on the orange not bleeding through.

Edited by Jasonc