M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

wow that is a very sane price indeed! Why it hasn't been snapped up already is quite strange!?

Whoa... There's nothing sane about that price, $150 would maybe cover the 1/72 but nowhere near average 1/60 price. PM sent anyways and thank you for the heads up claude grant! Here's to hope.

Hey Sharon Intel, you'd better check the 'For Sale or Trade' section quickly. Your vf-11b is waiting for you @ a "sane price"!

Thank you for the heads up! Please though, next time a VF-11 goes for that price feel free to call/text/email/knock on my door. I'll provide all that info for a deal like that, and my first born. Edited by Sharon Intel

Hey guys, sorry for the update. 8 are going out tomorrow. I ran a little behind due to a death in the family, and trying to sort family matters out has taken up a lot of time. Haven't put anything off, just really sidetracked with all that. I know it may sound like an excuse, but yes, 8 out tomorrow, doing another mold tomorrow to fix a part, but I should get the rest out during this week. 1/60 parts are in the process of getting made at the same time. Next weekend is going to be a bit of a bust, since I have the family service next weekend, and family flying in this week, but work does continue. Geez, really sorry guys. For those of you who know me on FB, you probably saw some of the posts indicating all this, but the parts are coming along. I'll be sending PMs tomorrow with tracking numbers for those in the order the payments came in to the designer.

Sorry to hear the sad news. Condolences to you and your family. Hope everyone is ok, thoughts and prayers from everyone in the forum!

And thanks for the update. Be sure not to put yourself out in these times, its all good we can wait a few extra weeks.

Best regards

Thanks, brother. I'm not putting myself out. We were spending a lot of weeknights at the hospital since early January, so I didn't want to use that as any excuse for why things had slowed a bit, it's still getting done. Family is doing what they can at the moment in dealing with things, so while they take priority, they know I have projects to work on, so I'll be picking up what I can this week, then lull during the weekend, and after Sunday, back to full status.

OK, 8 going out tomorrow. Running a little behind the clock, but these are packed and ready to ship. I know I said yesterday, but they are now boxed up and labels will be printed tomorrow for them. I'll provide those to those that are within that first 8. For the other half that won't be getting the notifications just yet, they should be very soon. The other half will be getting new molds for a couple of the worn pieces (Used my standard stuff and some of these pieces are extra tough on it, so it'll be replaced with the new denser rubber mold), and will go out as each piece is done. Most of the remaining kits just need a piece here and there, so they should take next to no time at all.

1/60s are still coming slowly but surely.

post-582-0-58276300-1456296712_thumb.jpg

OK, 8 kits out, 2 done today. Those whos orders were sent out have been NTFD. Please check your PM. Whatever I finish today, that's about it, well, I have tomorrow, but the weekend is more family stuff, so I will continue hopefully Sunday night. If not, Monday will resume again. Thanks for your patience guys.

How you holding up brother? YOU, not the project.

Hey Jason, sorry to hear about your families loss, I hope you are all doing well.

Thanks guys. We're doing OK. Things are starting to get back to normal. Aside from spending time with my father-in-law, trying to go through paperwork, items, and all that necessary grueling stuff, things are fine. I'm getting work done on the project. Not as I wanted, but it's getting done. I did make a new mold for the 1/72 wing. It's good, but I'm kinda mad that it didn't last as long as I had hoped. Still, it's all due to the wing design that takes a rough toll on the mold, but it looks fresher. the only issue, is that during recast, a missile pylon on the bottom outside broke before doing the other half of the mold, and I had to rough out the design. It's definitely workable and I'm happy it went so well, but it'll need some sanding. the bottom holes to both sides of said pylons need a small hole drilled to affix HMMs if they are wanted. aside from minor work with those, the overal look of it is good. I'm happy with it.

I have 3 kits finished, and I'm hoping to get these out this weekend plus a few more if weather permits. It was really hot, then got cold, so I have to let the pieces sit longer, or risk of warping them.

if you end up doing extra drop a line, I'll grab a 1/72, I'm in no rush, take a year if you need too.

Edited by NZEOD

• 2 weeks later...

Remaining 1/72 kits should be out this weekend. I'm pushing the envelope on some of these molds, but may actually have some extra parts left over for emergency shipping. In any case, the remainder will be boxed up this weekend, and probably shipped out on Monday and/or Tuesday.

After that, complete devotion to the 1/60 kits.

Having parts left over... does that mean another complete kit made from bits?

yeah, probably enough for maybe a couple. the scrap parts range, but I'm gonna try to make one. I'll be getting the putty ready.

I just have a couple more wings to do before all parts are done, along with a couple of the clear parts. Next go around, I'm going to use a different brand of clear resin. This stuff I have has a part B that needs to be heated before use, and is very difficult to work with. Not the best stuff to use in small amounts, so I'll be using something a little easier, and one I don't have to measure by weight. Other than that, 5 boxes are done, the last 4 just need a couple parts. I was hoping to be done this past weekend, but got side tracked with work and taxes. The 1/60 recasts are looking great as well. I may need to do another mold here and there, but for the most part, they look good.Pics of those coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

No, I've already ordered and paid at the beginning. I know some have been sent out, just wondering if they've made it across the pond yet.

No, I've already ordered and paid at the beginning. I know some have been sent out, just wondering if they've made it across the pond yet.

ohhhh

55661028.jpg

Hi Jeff, theoretically your drone should have been sent 1 or 2 weeks ago. If you haven't received it yet, please confinrm it with Jasonc. Feel free to let me a PM if you need anything else

Hey Jason, I was wondering how far along you are on the 1/60's? My guess is you will be sending the kits out first then doing the fully assembled and painted ones correct? I wouldn't mind seeing one of the 1/60 after you have one fully castes.