M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

In for a 1/60!

Late edit: What is the print filament used? ABS/ PLA or some other type? The reason I ask is if it's ABS, maybe you can try the acetone vapor method to smooth it out. Or how about XTC-3d coating for PLA? One or two layers of this stuff should do the trick.

The printer would be a very high definition stereo lithography resin based. The result is as neat as FUD material from shapeways but being much much easier to sand and to work for molding.

Filament based printers would require even more prep/sanding work that WSF from shapeways!

The prototype is getting its 3rd layer of primer, it requires a little sanding again then the last primer layer before painting!

IMG 8545

IMG 8549

IMG 8550

IMG 8551

Remember that this prototype was printed in WSF, which is very hard and difficult to prep/sand. The resin kit will be cast from another prototype printed in higher resolution and in resin, which will have a far superior finition for casting!

Jason, will you also be casting some 1/72 HMM's as well, or do we have to source those ourselves?

I am not doing any of the CAD work on this project, and because Kurisama has done the HMM in 1/60, he may be able to scale them down a bit for a 1:72 kit. Of course, with scaling down, I don't know if the connecor pieces will stay the same, or scaled down as well, if so, that is something that Xigfrid and Kurisama would have to get measurements for. I didn't see your post till just now, but I did ask about this. Hopefully this will renew interest in the HMMs that were done awhile back and help out another MW member in the process. I think His 1:60 scale missiles should work on this kit. Cool how all these projects come together. I'll Probably buy more of the HMM sets from Shapeways myself for this.

Great collaborations. Hopefully you can get Kurisama in on this for the HMMs in both scales. Your group should be called M2Worx or something.

Edited by wmkjr

$85 for 1/60 or 1/72 unpainted, $30 extra for painted. Resin casted in orange color. Decals included. $50 down payment. Details near the bottom of the last page.

Edited by wmkjr

Hi guys, thank you for the kind words! Sorry, the pre-order details are there: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=42404&page=4#entry1205067

I will ask charger69 to change the first page accordingly to the pre-order details and status. We need 20 pre-orders to launch the production. So far, we have around 11 pre-orders in 1/60 and 4 in 1/72. Please confirm to me the quantity and the scale you want (and if painting job by Jasonc is wanted) :)

Edited by Xigfrid

I don't remember if I said it, but I'm in for one kit in 1/72.

But just in case that we don't reach the 20 orders, does exist any chance to 3D print it (Chapeways?)? how much it would be?

Edited by cool8or

But just in case that we don't reach the 20 orders, does exist any chance to 3D print it (Chapeways?)? how much it would be?

First post updated!

Great and thank you charger69!

I will make this model available at Shapeways if we don't get enough orders. But WSF plastic requires a lot of time and work to sand/polish. The resin kit, on the other hand, would be almost perfect out of the box and only little painting / sticking would be required for assembly.

Something jumped to my eyes from your last batch of pics: Why did you added the pylons to the drone wings if the HMM form the 19 already have them? Are you going to print the missiles without the pylons?