M+ Drone Fighter 3D Printing Project Request

charger69

Again judging from the 3/4 view, I think the nose should bulge less at the front when viewed from above. Everything else is pretty much perfect IMO.

I reviewed the model and I liked it more with the line you suggested!

I have finished the 1/60 model, I got to review each part for the tolerance before proceeding to the first 3D print.

I have added as my personnal touch the internal nose cameras, the bottom one is rotating up and down.

I also exploded to explain how the different nose parts fold one into the other make a locking mechanism to hold the Laser canon once everypart is installed.

Just hold a little for my definitive "GO" before ordering the parts and I hope everyone will enjoy this model as much as I did to built it !

post-15880-0-83995500-1432245697_thumb.png

post-15880-0-17016000-1432245703_thumb.png

post-15880-0-35979200-1432245708_thumb.png

post-15880-0-61512900-1432245709_thumb.png

post-15880-0-75745700-1432245710_thumb.png

post-15880-0-18209300-1432245716_thumb.png

post-15880-0-25317100-1432247368_thumb.png

post-15880-0-70617200-1432247370_thumb.png

post-15880-0-40411200-1432247373_thumb.png

post-15880-0-65166200-1432247375_thumb.png

post-15880-0-12768800-1432247378_thumb.png

Edited by Xigfrid

I'm just concerned about sanding/painting. My other experiences with Shapeways parts have been that I'm very good at accidentally breaking things when attempting to sand or modify them. I never finished Kurisamas 0D mod because I kept snapping tabs off of things.

I'm just concerned about sanding/painting. My other experiences with Shapeways parts have been that I'm very good at accidentally breaking things when attempting to sand or modify them. I never finished Kurisamas 0D mod because I kept snapping tabs off of things.

As long as you order in any of the "Strong and Flexible" plastic, it should not break easily because it is pretty strong!

At the opposite, Frost Detail and Frost Ultra Detail are very fragile and brittle, this is a nightmare if you need to put stress on this material, but once they are in place and do not get handled, they are very neat and doesn't need sanding.

In between you got the Acrylic plastic, which I belive is not very strong compared to the WSF, but significantly more robust than the Frost detail.

I began to experiment with metals and they are very nice, I made the Laser canon in both plastic and Black Steel, I will see how they get from the printers!

I have finished the 1/60 model, I got to review each part for the tolerance before proceeding to the first 3D print.

I have added as my personnal touch the internal nose cameras, the bottom one is rotating up and down.

I also exploded to explain how the different nose parts fold one into the other make a locking mechanism to hold the Laser canon once everypart is installed.

Just hold a little for my definitive "GO" before ordering the parts and I hope everyone will enjoy this model as much as I did to built it !

01b.png

Yes!!! Definitely want this! B))

So when can I give you my monies!? :D

Edited by spanner76

I have ordered the parts already and they should arrive in 3 weeks. I will review the fit and proportions.

The 1:48 parts are ready and are exactly the same but scaled bigger so they would be available pretty much at the same time.

I am having a closer look at the 1:72 parts and in fact there are less issues than I expected by this scale. I already fixed a few issues so normally they should be ready by the same time!

Edited by Xigfrid

Finished to review the 1:72 version and I got great news; the laser will slide in the same fashion as the 1:60 version and the hanging lever and the lower "inside the head" camera will also be rotating.

The 1:72 version will not have the removable bottom trap it would be only panel lined, I had to review a little the proportions of here and there parts, but globally the differences are very thin to bare eyes.

post-15880-0-90142100-1432678134_thumb.png

post-15880-0-38355200-1432678272_thumb.png

post-15880-0-25643500-1432678275_thumb.png

Edited by Xigfrid

Nice!!! Great design and engineering. I'll probably order mine in WSF, then thin layer it with putty to smooth out the slightly sponge like texture. This is going to be a fun kit to work on.

Bro, please PM me when your 1/60 version is ready! I will be your first customer! :D

Edited by charger69

Nice!!! Great design and engineering. I'll probably order mine in WSF, then thin layer it with putty to smooth out the slightly sponge like texture. This is going to be a fun kit to work on.

Thank you for the kind words! I was thinking also to do a layer of resin+microsphere before painting and gloss. I hope not to ruin it with the painting as I am planning to spray it.

Bro, please PM me when your 1/60 version is ready! I will be your first customer! :D

Haha that's nice to you, I will give you a small head up in PM so you can be the first on this one ;) Thank you again for the great support !!

I'm very happy to see more GK projects, I'll keep an eye on this! and hope to see the resin parts soon. do you have a price for 1/72 kit?

in for 1/72, but i guess i'm the only one hoping for 1/144 also.

the Starwing mothership is much more practical in 144

I was considering it lately and that scale would make the drone fighter to be 8cm long. This is very small overall dimension for details such as the laser canon or the flaps that must be at least 1-1.5mm thick.

This can be done, but at that size it would be very difficult to make it very detailed, even more difficult to work on hollow parts, making the drone at this scale pretty expensive for the its size.

I can have a look later, but to me, it doesn't mean just adjusting details, but making a new model from the actual shape.

I made it sleeker indeed, to match better with the YF-21 and 19. One week to wait now!

Are you planning to file/sand/paint? This looks awesome. I hope you take pics along the way.

I need to check the parts before selling them, that's the primary reason why I ordered them.

I can file and sand without a second thought, but I don't have an aerograph so painting is not my thing. I would love having this drone professionally painted and glossy finished, I will try but I guess others on this forum would have theirs painted before et better than mine.